Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope they implement posts again somehow. Mario Maker 1 feels so lonely ever since Miiverse died. I’m sure they will since they did for Splatoon 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqQ3ujJfnGA
This guy “implemented” some Mario Maker 2 features into the first game and it’s pretty clever.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

J-Spot posted:

Disappointed but not surprised that it's right at the end of June. Now if only we could get another direct or some sort of write up confirming more features.

E3 is in early June so I’m sure we’ll get a ton of info for it then.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GreatGreen posted:

The youtube description mentions a stylus as a preorder bonus.

I wonder how/if that will work for people like me who buy all digital.

Last time they included that little art book with the game and mailed it to people that bought digital. It would be nice if they did something similar here.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nintendo should do another World Championships to help promote the game. The 2015 one was really fun.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I was not expecting online multiplayer. I’m going to play this game so loving much.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Now that they’ve established “extra themes” that don’t have parity with the original 4, it feels like SMB2 is a given.

I could also see them doing a completely original theme. Didn’t they say that was planned for Mario Maker 1 at some point in interviews?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Err'body all excited for the new stuff but I just want a single quality of life improvement above everything else:

Let me choose to make restarting after death extremely fast, even instant, like Super Meat Boy.

Waiting to respawn so I can see the death animation and hear the ditty for literally the hundredth time on a hard level was a drag in the original.

Agree but still keep that occasional weirdly long sound effect of Mario walking at the bottom of a pit since it was hilarious.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/mariobrothblog/status/1128833184332963842?s=21
NSMBU Angry Sun is horrifying.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Random Stranger posted:

There are hammer suits in 3D world, too.

No, there wasn’t. They were boomerang suits instead.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I love playing on the SMB1 style even without the costumes. I find it fun to see how they SMB1ify elements that came later.

I was never really a fan of the costumes since most of the levels I’d play that featured them were mostly boring corridors.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DalaranJ posted:

Okay. So here’s a good question. Now that we have a lot more details on the new features, what level are you most excited to make (or play)?

I think the first level I have a plan for is a remake of my level that was entirely platforms on tracks, but this time I’ll add in on/off switch tracks.

I’ll probably port the only level I published on 1 and add some slopes plus make it longer. I plan on making most of my levels in the SMW style. I hope a lot of you remake levels since I remember playing a lot of fun goon levels years ago.

I’ll definitely play through story mode first. It looks awesome and is something I didn’t know I wanted.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm looking at my old levels and wishing I pestered streamers to play them more because "man I made some good levels in the past, I wish I could see them again" :downs:

Remake them with a slope or 2 thrown in and you could pester them with the new game.:)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It took a handful of rewatches to notice, but the checkpoint flags no longer make you Super Mario, so if you're small you stay small.

Maybe it’s a choice this time.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think my first new level with be something in NSMBU based around the angry sun just because it looks so loving weird in that theme.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Weird Mushrooms better get in since that would mean we’d get Weird Luigi, Weird Toad and Weird Toadette. If for some reason it isn’t, I hope there’s another way to implement Luigi physics, considering he’s actually playable now.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope there’s more weird out of left field poo poo in 2. That was some of my favorite stuff in 1. I hope the fly swatter game is in again.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I can't wait to spend hours and hours poring over the tiniest detail in my level once I have the general gameplay of it figured out.

Any idea what kind of 'fluff' we can put in a given level? Like decorations, I mean. For example, the trees and/or clouds in SMB1. Do they just show up whwrever, or do you actually place those yourself, too?

The first Maker would have random "fluff" show up sometimes when playing tiles. What it was depended on the level theme.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

NSMB2 was an okay game but they could have went way farther with the whole coin collecting idea.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bongo Bill posted:

NSMB2 is best understood as a score attack game, in which you're meant to repeat levels and optimize your coin-collecting route.

Coin Rush is the best part. Some of the courses are pretty hard too and may actually be the hardest official courses in a Mario game.

Speaking of hard courses, I hope it'll be possible to make a decent 2D appropriation of Champion's Road in the 3DW theme.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hopefully they add in a way to play online with friends in patches.

I’m fine with no more mystery mushrooms. I found them kinda annoying in 1. Being able to play as Luigi, Toad or Toadette in single player would make up for it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Mario 1 style is worth it for all the “demade” sprites alone imo. They do a really good job with that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Der-Wreck posted:

Here's a video with all the new songs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO6vOh1Agi4

I think my biggest surprise was Super Mario 64's Slide Song!

Awesome, it looks like the bonus slot machine theme, that’s a remix of the SMB2 character select screen, is in as a choice for the 3D World theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5NRggFi3x4

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Internet Kraken posted:

I really don't understand why you'd cut the amiibo support

Like, unlocking costumes was one of the main draws of actually completing courses online

That’s still in but now it’s unlocking Mii costumes instead.:v:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pursued by bees posted:

There's that one sound effect that's just a short electric buzz which kills the background music. I've seen that used in some levels that go for a creepy vibe and it works pretty well. That would probably work with Rupert's idea if they include it in MM2.

It’s still in.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

NM

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 30, 2019

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Phantasium posted:

the world demands the return of john numbers

He’ll totally be there. He was just at some Smash items on tournament that Nintendo did.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I never had the inspiration to make a level beyond a simple grassland style one in 1. I’ll try more with this game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That’s neat. I’ll load it up on my SNES Classic and give it a go.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

eonwe posted:

man this game is gonna own

I’m gonna put a ridiculous amount of time into it. I loved Mario Maker 1 and just having slopes alone is going to make this game much better.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Neat detail.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I just realized this game comes out THIS MONTH and got very happy. Perfect thing to wind down with after a stressful moving process is over.:unsmith:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Internet Kraken posted:

I never wanna see an auto-music level again. Wow you recreated an awful 15 seconds sample of Megolavania! Have 500 stars! :regd09:

I can't really blame people for making them and they're harmless. They just all sound sooooo bad.

I don’t mind them but it did get annoying to see so many featured and highly rated levels be those.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This game is going to be so fun. I can tell I’m going to be playing it with regularly until 3 drops.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Takoluka posted:

Nintendo will probably just let you upload courses without clearing them, tbh

I hope not.:lol:

If you’re going to post your lovely course for everyone then at least you should have to suffer through it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Boom Boom doesn’t use various sports equipment to attack or whistling so he’s not as good as Chucks.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

multijoe posted:

I doubt Boom Booms can smash through brick blocks like Chargin Chucks either

It’s a missed opportunity if they can’t. I’m sure at least larger ones will be able to.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m happy they listened to feedback and added online with friends. Did they show anything new on the Treehouse stream?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I love the 3D World theme. Makes me think of cats.:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nep-Nep posted:

One week! Can't wait to spend lots of next few years on this.

:same: