Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
If you walk through the smaller door. Lets check the less interesting places first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Prepare for trouble,
Make it double

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Rub your eyes, you're clearly still dazed by what just happened.
Just kidding.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

upstairs because i LOVE ties.
Also, why does the item list contain the water bottle? i remember us using it up,

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy

DmitriX posted:

upstairs because i LOVE ties.
Also, why does the item list contain the water bottle? i remember us using it up,

That's a really good question, since I've removed it three times at least. Thanks for pointing it out, going back to fix it. We're all tied up, so I'll wait a bit for more votes.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy
Chapter 02 - Page 42
You enter a parlor, which is decorated in a more old-fashioned way than what you've seen of the house so far: rich cherry-wood paneling covering the walls, and dozens of exotic animal heads are mounted there. Some Marsden ancestor was quite fond of hunting, or, at the very least, taxidermy. Each of the trophies features the same expression: Fangs bared and savage eyes that make the animal look ready to leap from the wall and pounce on you. The effect is quite unsettling. But you also sense they might be hiding something.
There are two ways out of here: an open passage that leads into an ancient library brimming with books, and a tightly spiraled iron staircase going up.

OPTIONAL PERCEPTION CHALLENGE: Search the animal heads
Win: Draw clue 31.
Lose: Draw clue 41.
After Challenge, make Story Choice below

---------------------------------------

Note: I am assuming we want to use relevant booster items when they are available. If you would like to stop doing that, let me know.

PLEASE VOTE:

If you head to the library, go to Story Card 45.
----
If you climb the staircase, go to Story Card 36.

Current Psychic Power: 09 points, Level 02.

Current Danger Meter: 01 point, Difficulty 03.

Current Items:
Pocketknife: +1 to Fighting Challenges
Battery: Is a battery. Might be useful to power something later.
Satellite Dish: Psychic senses say it's important. No currently known use.
Cavalry Sabre: It's a sword. You can and should hit things with it, and it's psychically significant. +2 to Fighting Challenges.
Large Wooden Dowel: I like to think of it as an Andie. Psychically significant and +2 to Strength challenges.
Truck Keys: Keys to a truck, probably. Psychically significant.
Whirring Metal Sphere: It's less whirring and more glowing now. Psychically significant.

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 28, 2019

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Searching heads isn't hard,
When you have a library card!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Climb up the stairs to reach the animal heads

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

inflatablefish posted:

Searching heads isn't hard,
When you have a library card!

I'm sure putting out hand inside the bears mouth cannot possibly backfire.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 28, 2019

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Chapter 02 - Page 42 Continued

OPTIONAL PERCEPTION CHALLENGE: Search the animal heads
Win: Draw clue 31.
Lose: Draw clue 41.
After Challenge, make Story Choice below

Chapter 02 - Clue 31
Battery

Inside the sharp-toothed jaws of a mounted Cheetah head, you find a battery. It could power a flashlight. Or a Taser. Or who knows.

Oh boy! Another battery! Exactly as powerful and useful as the last one!
From here, we move into the Library on pg. 45.

Chapter 02 - Page 45
Most of the books lining the walls of this room appear to be first editions of well-known classics. To help reach the tallest shelves, there's a wheeled ladder that can slide across the room. A silver door is on one wall.
One book - Introduction to Psychic Dreams, Visions, and Limericks - catches your eye, and you wheel the ladder over, climb up, and grab it. As soon as you pull the book from the shelf, a catch releases, and a hidden door opens up on the other side of the room.

Premonition
If you are Level 2 or higher on the Psychic Scale, draw Clue 42 (pictured)
We've found a new premonition! It's visible next to the card above, and will be added to the OP as well.

Note: I am assuming we want to use relevant booster items when they are available. If you would like to stop doing that, let me know.

PLEASE VOTE:

If you go through the silver door, go to Story Card 58.
----
If you go through the hidden door, go to Story Card 44.

Current Items:
Battery: Is a battery. Might be useful to power something later. We have 2!
Cavalry Sabre: It's a sword. You can and should hit things with it, and it's psychically significant. +2 to Fighting Challenges.
Large Wooden Dowel: I like to think of it as an Andie. Psychically significant and +2 to Strength challenges.
Whirring Metal Sphere: It's less whirring and more glowing now. Psychically significant.

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 28, 2019

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
If you go through the hidden door, go to Story Card 44.

Always take the secret door!

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Chapter 02 - Page 44

Entering a child's playroom, you find a giant, overstuffed toy box resting against one wall, and in the middle of the room stands a dollhouse, which appears to be a perfect replica of the Marsden house.
As you approach the dollhouse, you notice that the walls of the playroom are covered with shelves full of porcelain dolls, their eyes peering down at you. It's difficult to break their gaze. The eyes seem to draw you into the blackness of their dead stares.
Not looking away, you feel yourself shrinking smaller and smaller. Soon the dolls seem to loom over you, even more frightening than before, although they never move from their perches. Eventually you're the size of a doll yourself, and you stand on the playroom floor beside the replica of the Marsden house.
From where you stand you can see the front door of the dollhouse.

Enter the door of the dollhouse by going to Story Card 49
Uhh... that's not a may, and there's no other options, so I guess it's time to get weird.

Chapter 02 - Page 49
The dollhouse entryway has doorways leading to a dining room, a parlor, and a bedroom. Before you can think of where you should go next, something distracts you. There's a force at work here, a presence you can't ignore. Something - or someone - seems to be calling you, drawing you onward. You can tell: this dollhouse is a hub of psychic energy, a nexus of weird power. You'll need to stay sharp.

PLEASE VOTE:

If you go to the dollhouse dining room, go to Story Card 35.
----
If you go to the dollhouse parlor, go to Story Card 57.
-----
If you go to the dollhouse bedroom, go to Story Card 41.

Current Items:

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 1, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Time for bed

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Let us fly to If you go to the dollhouse parlor, go to Story Card 57.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
I have no idea what the hell that second premonition is supposed to be!
Let's check out the bedroom.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Chapter 02 - Page 41

The dollhouse bedroom is filled with miniature furnishings, which are now full-sized to you: a cozy chair, a dresser, a lamp, and a bed.
Lying in the bed, its head on a pillow, is a stuffed mouse. It's so lifelike, you catch yourself thinking you should step quietly so you don't wake it up.
Your psychic senses start to pulse. You get the feeling something very important is hidden in this room.
FREE ACTION
If you are at Level 3 or higher on the Psychic Scale, draw Clue 50.
We are only level 2 at the moment, and the choices lead back to:

PLEASE VOTE:

----
If you go to the dollhouse parlor, go to Story Card 57.

Current Items:

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 1, 2019

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Comstar posted:

Let us fly to If you go to the dollhouse parlor, go to Story Card 57.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Chapter 02 - Page 57

A piano takes up one corner of this dollhouse parlor. A doll sits on a piano bench, wearing a crown and a rich red gown, hands poised above the keys. This is the doll queen, and even though her back is turned, you feel as though she's daring to face you in some kind of bizzarro piano contest... of the mind. Perhaps accepting the queen's unusual challenge - and defeating her - will increase your psychic skills.
You notice a painting above the piano. It depicts a solarium and is so spell-bindingly realistic you can't help but reach out your hand to touch it. You are amazed when your hand disappears into the painting, and you can touch the solarium on the other side. This painting is a magic portal, and it might be your only way out of the dollhouse!

OPTIONAL PERCEPTION CHALLENGE:
Battle the doll queen in a psychic piano duel

Win: Draw Clue 30.
Lose: Raise Danger Meter by 3. You may try again.

Do we want to do the Optional Psychic Piano Duel? How many times are we will to retry?

PLEASE VOTE:

----
If you go to the dollhouse bedroom, go to Story Card 41.
---
If you have Clue 50 and you want to enter the magical portal, draw Clue 47.
---
If you do NOT have clue 50 and you want to enter the magical portal, draw Clue 55.

Current Items:

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 2, 2019

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
I really wish we still had our piano-playing binoculars.
Do it twice, no more. If we pass, and if that puts us up to Psychic Level 3, go back to the bedroom for that clue. Otherwise go to the dining room.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

inflatablefish posted:

I really wish we still had our piano-playing binoculars.
Do it twice, no more. If we pass, and if that puts us up to Psychic Level 3, go back to the bedroom for that clue. Otherwise go to the dining room.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Chapter 02 - Page 57 Continued

Battle the doll queen in a psychic piano duel

Win: Draw Clue 30.

We won on the first try, sending us to Clue 30!
Chapter 02 - Clue 30
The queen's hands don't move, but you hear her incredible piano playing swirl through the parlor, as fast as the wind. Now it's your turn. Reaching out to the piano with your brain, you weave notes into an intricate manic waltz, even faster and more beautiful than the queen's. Your music dances through the room. The queen's crown falls to the floor. You've bested her. You win!
Keep this card. Move forward 2 spaces on the Psychic Scale. Finish Story Card 57.

From there, we wanted to revisit the bedroom and pick up Clue 50 if we hit Psychic Level 3, which we have.

Chapter 02 - Clue 50
MARSDEN FAMILY RING

You sneeze, awakening the mouse, which scurries away. In the bed, you see it was sleeping on top of the Marsden family ring!
In your tiny state, it's as big as a truck tire. You must roll it to move it. Your psychic senses tell you this is an important item.
Keep this item. Move forward 1 space on the Psychic Scale. Finish Story Card 41.

After that, we wanted to check out the Dining Room on page 35

Chapter 02 - Page 35
Seated at the head of the dollhouse dining room table is a doll wearing a crown. It's a doll king with oddly compelling glass eyes. They sparkle with a kind of dark power. As you look into those eyes, you sense a strange tingle in your mind. The doll is reaching out to you mentally. You don't know why, but you know he wants to fight you... on the plane of pure thought. You sense this could help you strengthen your psychic abilities.
Around the dining room table, two doors lead into other rooms inside the dollhouse.
Overpower the doll king with your mind

Win: Draw Clue 56.

We've seen the full run of the dollhouse, so the only question is do we want to do the Optional Psychic Duel? How many times are we will to retry? After that we'll re-enter the bedroom and enter the magic portal via Clue 47.

PLEASE VOTE:

If you have Clue 50 and you want to enter the magical portal, draw Clue 47.

Current Psychic Power: 12 points, Level 03.

Current Items:
Marsden Family Ring: It's a fancy ring we found under a sleeping stuffed mouse. It's psychically significant.
Doll Queen Proof: We have defeated the Doll Queen in a psychic piano battle, and while there is no tangible evidence, we will carry this in our hearts forever.

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 2, 2019

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
That's quite a hefty Danger penalty, and we've already got what we needed to get that ring, so I'm going to say Fight the king only once.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Chapter 02 - Page 35

Overpower the doll king with your mind

Win: Draw Clue 56.

We roll a 4, sending us to Clue 56.
Chapter 02 - Clue 56
You project your thoughts at the little king, like light through a magnifying glasss. You focus on the doll's mind, narrowing your thoughts into a tight beam. Finally, when you can hardly take any more... the doll blinks. You won!
Keep this card. Move forward 2 spaces on the Psychic Scale. Finish Story Card 35.
From here, our only real option is to return to the parlor and escape via the magic portal on Clue 47.

Chapter 02 - Clue 47
You'll have to use all your might to throw your ring through the portal before jumping through to the other side, where you sense the portal's magic will surely return you to normal size.
Required Strength Challenge: Throw the ring through the portal
Win: Lower Danger Meter by two and draw Clue 55.
Lose: Raise Danger Meter by one and try again.

Well we got another (albeit very blurry) 4, so we didn't even need to use the Large Dowel. So we go to Clue 55 with no trouble!

Chapter 02 - Clue 55
You take a deep breath and jump into the portal. A pins-and-needles sensation spread over your body as you travel the dimensional pathway. When you reach the other side, you're standing in the solarium you saw in the picture. You've returned to your normal size. Go to Story Card 48.
Chapter 02 - Story Card 48
Once you've entered the solarium, you notice how the glass panes are in angular shapes that create a spider-web pattern across the ceiling. There are clay pots with exotic plants on every plant surface.
"Welcome," you hear a female voice say. "We are so glad you found your way here."
An elderly woman in a long black dress and white apron glides into view from behind a wall. She appears to be the housekeeper. She raises one finger and curls it toward her, beckoning you.
"We've been expecting you. Come this way," she says.
Something in her voice makes you freeze. This might be trouble. You notice something shiny tucked behind a tropical shrub, but you'll probably have to deal with the housekeeper before you can investigate it. You glimpse and art gallery beyond the solarium.

Optional Perception Challenge: ATTEMPT TO EXCUSE YOURSELF
If you are level 2 or higher on the Psychic Scale, add +1 to this roll in addition to any related challenge booster)
Win: Draw Clue 39.
Lose: Draw Clue 53.

PLEASE VOTE:

We can do the Optional Challenge listed above, but if we do it doesn't appear that we'll get the choices below.

Otherwise:
If you rudely run away to the art gallery, go to Story Card 32.
---
If you ignore her and leave through the solarium door, go to Story Card 55.

Current Psychic Power: 14 points, Level 03.

Current Items:
Marsden Family Ring: It's a fancy ring we found under a sleeping stuffed mouse. It's psychically significant.
Doll Queen Proof: We have defeated the Doll Queen in a psychic piano battle, and while there is no tangible evidence, we will carry this in our hearts forever.
Doll King Proof: We have also defeated the Doll King in a more humdrum but equally difficult Psychic Staring Contest. This has changed our lives in some way.

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 2, 2019

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Excuuuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess!
Also, is this Madam Web from the 90s Spider-Man cartoon?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

inflatablefish posted:

Excuuuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess!

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Chapter 02 - Clue 32

Optional Perception Challenge: ATTEMPT TO EXCUSE YOURSELF
If you are level 2 or higher on the Psychic Scale, add +1 to this roll in addition to any related challenge booster)
Win: Draw Clue 39.
Lose: Draw Clue 53.

We get... another blurry 4! Getting us...
Chapter 02 - Clue 39
LARGE METAL ROD

You calmly explain to the woman that you'd rather not go with her, and she returns to tending her plants. You grab the shiny object before leaving and find that it's warm to the touch. Your psychic sense tell you this is an important item. You slip away into the art gallery.
Keep this item. Move forward 3 spaces on the Psychic Scale. Go to Story Card 32
Now ~level 4 and crackling with psychic energy~ we proceed into the art gallery!
Chapter 02 - Clue 32
Stepping into the marble-floored art gallery, you are amazed by more than a hundred gold-framed paintings, plus countless abstract, modern scultpures on pedestals. Wow! The entire collection must be worth gazillions. Too bad you've got no time to admire any of it. You're eager to keep moving.
French doors lead to the study, and a doorway leads outside. You can see a pathway leading to an attached structure that appears to be a mother-in-law apartment.

Premonition
If you are level 2 or higher on the Psychic Scale, draw CLUE 54 (shown above)
Clue 54 has been added to the premonitions log in the OP.

[b]

PLEASE VOTE:

If you walk through the French doors to the study, go to Story Card 33.

----

If you take the path outside to the mother-in-law apartment, go to Story Card 46.

Current Psychic Power: 17 points, Level 04.

Current Items:
Doll King Proof: We have also defeated the Doll King in a more humdrum but equally difficult Psychic Staring Contest. This has changed our lives in some way.
Large Metal Rod: It's no dowel, but it'll do I guess. Psychically significant.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
An elegant weapon for a more civilised age.

Mother-in-law jokes have been out of fashion since at least the eighties, so let's go to the study.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

:france:

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Chapter 02 - Story Card 33
Once inside the study, you are shocked to find twelve pairs of eyes starting at you in outrage. You stop dead in your tracks. There are a dozen shady-looking people, all stuffing briefcases with bundles of cold, hard cash. Literally, they're taking money out of ice-filled coolers.
You take another step, and all but one of the guys take off, suddenly spooked. The last one turns and glares at you. Since he's still holding his briefcase tightly with both hands, you're pretty sure you can take him.
You see a hallway on the other side of the room that might serve to be a quick exit.

OPTIONAL FIGHTING CHALLENGE: Wrestle the man with the cash-filled briefcase
Win: Draw Clue 38.
Lose: Raise Danger Meter by three. You may try again.
After the challenge, continue below.

Head down the hallway by drawing Clue 45.

[b]

There's only one path forward, so the only question is

PLEASE VOTE:

Do we want to try the challenge? If so, how many times? We do have fighting equipment, so it's likely to be pretty easy.

----

Current Psychic Power: 17 points, Level 04.

Current Items:

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 3, 2019

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Finally a reason to come to this dump! PAYDAY. OPTIONAL FIGHTING CHALLENGE: Wrestle the man with the cash-filled briefcase until we get it!

(|Someone else please vote and tell me this is a terrible idea!)

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Comstar posted:

Finally a reason to come to this dump! PAYDAY. OPTIONAL FIGHTING CHALLENGE: Wrestle the man with the cash-filled briefcase until we get it!

(|Someone else please vote and tell me this is a terrible idea!)

This is a terrible idea and I'm 100% behind it!

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Chapter 02 - Story Card 33 Continued
Don't be silly, we won't use a sword to wrestle a man for his money
when the knife gives the exact same benefit right now!
OPTIONAL FIGHTING CHALLENGE: Wrestle the man with the cash-filled briefcase
Win: Draw Clue 38.
Lose: Raise Danger Meter by three. You may try again.
After the challenge, continue below.

Chapter 02 - Clue 38
BRIEFCASE FULL OF MONEY

You are currently holding a briefcase that contains more money than Sergeant Morrison and Detective Murphy earn in two years. Your psychic senses tell you this is an important item.
Keep this item. Move forward 1 space on the Psychic Scale. Finish Story Card 33.
From Card 33 we move to clue 45...

Chapter 02 - Clue 45
You race down the hallway past photographs and paintings of an old prison. You reach the end of the hall and find a metal door.
[i]Go to Story Card 60

Chapter 02 - Page 60
CHAPTER TWO GOAL ACHIEVED

You shove the metal door open. When you close it behind you -- CLANG -- it sounds like the door to a jail cell slamming shut. You turn to check out where you are. There's an elevator!
You get in, press the "Close Door" button, and finally get a moment to catch your breath. You can't believe what you've been through so far. But this elevator should be your ticket to the basement, and that should bring you one step closer to uncovering the mystery of the sounds you heard when you first entered the Marsden house.
Now that you know where the elevator is, you wonder if you should go to the basement now, or go back and investigate anything you may have missed.

Story Return
There are items in this chapter that will be useful later in the story. You can take a risk and go back for any that you missed by following the choices below.[/]

Great work, team! We've found the end of Chapter Two. But do we want to push on to Chapter Three, or continue looting while we're flush with power and low on danger?

PLEASE VOTE:

If you go to the upstairs hallway, raise the Danger Meter by two and go to Story Card 39.
----
If you go to the main dining room, , raise the Danger Meter by two and go to Story Card 51.
----
If you go to the Solarium, raise the Danger Meter by two and go to Story Card 48.
----
If you go to the gallery, raise the Danger Meter by two and go to Story Card 32.

Current Psychic Power: 18 points, Level 04.

Current Items:
Briefcase Full Of Money: Our psychic senses indicate that it's important. Also our regular senses.

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 3, 2019

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Just go down the list. If we visited any of the locations already, cross em off, p sure we visited either the solatium or the main dining room.
Also you have a superfluous opening B, so i'm giving you a spare closing one [/b]

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

DmitriX posted:

Just go down the list. If we visited any of the locations already, cross em off, p sure we visited either the solatium or the main dining room.
Also you have a superfluous opening B, so i'm giving you a spare closing one [/b]

Error fixed. We did visit the Solarium, but there's at least one branch down it we did not check. We haven't been in the main dining room, but we have been in the tiny dining room.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

DmitriX posted:

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, based on votes looks like we're getting in a bit more danger and going to the upstairs hallway.

Chapter 02 - Story Card 39
The stairway leads up to a long hallway. A violet rug with tasseled edges runs the length of the hall, and strange abstract paintings line the walls. A vase of lilies sits on an ornate side table halfway down the hall, a gorgeous wooden piece with rich floral engravings on the front and sides.
Without warning, a ghostly figure comes through a door up ahead on your right. The ghost doesn't acknowledge your presence as he rushes right through a closed door on the other side of the hall.
The hallway seems colder than when you entered. Should you follow the ghostly figure? Or perhaps inspect the room he came from?

Optional Perception Challenge: Search the ornate table
If you are level 2 or higher on the Psychic Scale, add +1 to your roll in addition to any challenge booster.
Win: Draw Clue 29
Lose: Raise the Danger Meter by one.

PLEASE VOTE:
Do we want to investigate the table?

In any case, please choose:

If you follow the ghost, go to Story Card 59

----
If you try to see where the ghost came from, go to Story Card 36.

Current Psychic Power: 18 points, Level 04.

Current Danger Meter: 03 points, Difficulty 03.

Current Items:
Briefcase Full Of Money: Our psychic senses indicate that it's important. Also our regular senses.

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 3, 2019

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Can we also assume we are going to take any and all challenges at least once, unless we have 5 as our difficulty? I don't think we ever had a vote of "Oh no, let's not"
chase the ghost

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
We went to the Lone Wolf school of private detectives- loot everything.

Investigate the table and follow the ghost

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

DmitriX posted:

Can we also assume we are going to take any and all challenges at least once, unless we have 5 as our difficulty? I don't think we ever had a vote of "Oh no, let's not"
chase the ghost

Sometimes optional challenges can send us down an unexpected path, so I felt it best to make sure that it's a choice.
Will be posting an update where we check the table and chase the ghost shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Chapter 02 - Story Card 39 Continued
Optional Perception Challenge: Search the ornate table
If you are level 2 or higher on the Psychic Scale, add +1 to your roll in addition to any challenge booster.
Win: Draw Clue 29
Lose: Raise the Danger Meter by one.

We roll a 6, handily defeating the terrible... table. We open Clue 29.
Chapter 02 - Clue 29
You open a drawer and find a book. The middle portions of its pages are cut away, and inside the hollowed area sits a glass key. Perhaps you'll find a use for this.
Keep this item. Move forward one space on the Psychic Scale. Finish Story Card 39.
From Story Card 39, we wanted to follow the ghost, so on to 59.
Chapter 02 - Page 59
You enter an extravagantly decorated master bedroom. A dressing table with a fancy mirror sits against one wall across from a canopy bed covered in burgundy silk.
The ghost of a Union general sits on the bed, facing away from you. As the floor creaks beneath your step, the ghostly figure turns and leaps to his feet. He has a fearsome scowl on his face and an empty scabbard on his belt.
"Coward! Traitor! Thief!" he yells as he approaches.
There's an open door on the far side of the room, through which you can glimpse a bathroom with dark green tiles. You could also retreat back into the hallway to escape the phantom's wrath.

Free Action:
If you have Clue 2, you may attempt to discard it and give it to the ghost. TO do so, discard it and draw Clue 32.
If you do not have Clue 2, continue below.
Optional Challenge: Fight the Ghost
Win: Draw Clue 51
Lose: Raise the Danger Meter by two.

PLEASE VOTE:
Do we want to give the Union General Ghost the sword we pulled from the statue of him earlier? Since we have it, we don't have the option to fight him.

In any case, please choose:

If you run for the bathroom, go to Story Card 50.

----
If you escape back out into the hallway, go to Story Card 40.

Current Psychic Power: 19 points, Level 04.

Current Danger Meter: 03 points, Difficulty 03.

Current Items:
Glass Key: We found it in a book. Psychically significant.

MaskedHuzzah fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 4, 2019