Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaded Burnout

Let's make an app!

Here's a blank page. Tell me what we should have it do! Anything at all!*

Have a look here for some inspiration maybe
https://elements.heroku.com/

*Except illegal or very expensive things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Jaded Burnout posted:

Let's make an app!

Here's a blank page. Tell me what we should have it do! Anything at all!*

Have a look here for some inspiration maybe
https://elements.heroku.com/

*Except illegal or very expensive things

can we join some sort of geocities webring?

ty nesamdoom!

Jaded Burnout

Manifisto posted:

we could start one

Manifisto

we'd better put up some sort of "this site under construction" sign, something kinda low-res and pixelated

Manifisto

just spitballing here

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Something where it will automatically generate a Star Trek rank and section for us.

Like instead of being glowing-fish, I would be Science Officer Lt. Cmdr. glowing-fish

mags

I am a congenital optimist.

Manifisto posted:

we'd better put up some sort of "this site under construction" sign, something kinda low-res and pixelated

Manifisto posted:

just spitballing here

some more i found after a google search

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Manifisto

imo the more the better, otherwise people might get the impression that it is a finished web site, which it is NOT

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

imo the more the better, otherwise people might get the impression that it is a finished web site, which it is NOT

:hai:

Jaded Burnout

Manifisto posted:

Manifisto posted:

Done.

glowing-fish posted:

Something where it will automatically generate a Star Trek rank and section for us.

Like instead of being glowing-fish, I would be Science Officer Lt. Cmdr. glowing-fish

How do you see this working?

Manifisto

lol, excellent

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,

Jaded Burnout posted:

Done.

How do you see this working?

We would have to rephase the namespace database matrix through the secondary computer core, and harmonize it with a subspace randomizer.

Jaded Burnout

glowing-fish posted:

We would have to rephase the namespace database matrix through the secondary computer core, and harmonize it with a subspace randomizer.

OK. Do you have a list of ranks and sections for me to work with?

Manifisto

can we do something that provides . . . err, discounts and/or bargains for local tacos and burriots?

just as long as we don't offer coup*ns or d*als, that's right out

ty nesamdoom!

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

glowing-fish posted:

Knaughtius Erectus, Commandant of Boners's

crimes

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,

Jaded Burnout posted:

OK. Do you have a list of ranks and sections for me to work with?

I actually didn't know that you were seriously making an app, and was just making up random poo poo...

How do we know when people in BYOB are being serious?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

We need a guest book so we can leave a comment and a name to show we've been there! With a handy visitor counter.

Goons Are Gifts

I'd like every text entry to have different color to make sure people know it's from BYOB

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
The app will need access to the user's dogge, catte, and birb photos and videos.

lol but

body is a dinosaur
every time the pedometer increases by 420 you receive a message telling you to "take a moment" and variations thereof

Robot Made of Meat

glowing-fish posted:

I actually didn't know that you were seriously making an app, and was just making up random poo poo...

BYOB is always serious, except when it's not.

HTH

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Goons Are Gifts

Robot Made of Meat posted:

BYOB is always serious, except when it's not.

HTH

We are also never serious, except when we are.

Goonspeed JB! I have a nice idea for something that I will write down as soon as I'm sober enough to not gently caress it up in an Incomprehensibly fashion. I hope I'll remember.

Finger Prince

Seeing a serious lack of dancing skeletons and/or babies up in here.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Finger Prince posted:

Seeing a serious lack of dancing skeletons and/or babies up in here.

Yes but spice it up with a little modernity with the dancing silver alien.

Robot Made of Meat

Are sparkly Comet Cursors an option?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Are sparkly Comet Cursors an option?

Yeah yeah really feeling this OP.

Jaded Burnout

glowing-fish posted:

the internet is a serious business

Jaded Burnout

Manifisto posted:

can we do something that provides . . . err, discounts and/or bargains for local tacos and burriots?

just as long as we don't offer coup*ns or d*als, that's right out

Do you have a source for these?

Barking Gecko posted:

The app will need access to the user's dogge, catte, and birb photos and videos.

So, like, facebook? Twitter? I'm not sure how much access we'd have to a phone photo library from the web, though we could potentially use React Native to spread some of this into an iphone app.

lol but seriously I posted:

every time the pedometer increases by 420 you receive a message telling you to "take a moment" and variations thereof

Does a pedometer measure children?

Bicycle SexFucker

I have zero interest in marriage.

Jaded Burnout posted:

Does a pedometer measure children?

no but a pedo does.

Goons Are Gifts

Have a direct link to byob in it, just in case.

Also, how about a super fancy and chill looking clock on it so we know what time it is? Always having problems doing that on my phone.

Jaded Burnout

Goons Are Great posted:

Also, how about a super fancy and chill looking clock on it so we know what time it is? Always having problems doing that on my phone.

Do you have an example of what a super fancy and chill looking clock looks like? also is it ever not set to 4:20?

Goons Are Gifts

I was thinking about something simple, practical, that's easy to animate and implement:

or

It may both work regularly as a clock, but it would be amazing if it sends out a push notification with a beep when it's 4:20, at best with a link to byob that automatically leads to the Awful app so that you can immediately start posting.
Actually the entire app could be centered about offering a clock. I don't think many apps have something like that.

Manifisto

Jaded Burnout posted:

Do you have a source for these?

http://www.nationaltacoday.com/

https://www.wheniscalendars.com/national-burrito-day/

https://www.google.com/search?q=cheap+tacos+near+me

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cheap+tacos+near+me (passive aggressive version)

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=burriot&find_loc=Soda+Springs%2C+ID+83276&ns=1

ty nesamdoom!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

These look suspiciously like c*upons, my dude.

Manifisto

TVsVeryOwn posted:

These look suspiciously like c*upons, my dude.

no no no, they're . . . uh, value tickets. bargain certificates. I would never . . . [eyes widening] stop looking at me like that, I swear I wouldn't . . .

Jaded Burnout

manifisto stumbles away from the table in a panic, booklets of two-for-one big mac coupons dropping from his sleeves

Goons Are Gifts

Given recent developments, JB, please make the app with a nullification function for coupons of any kind. Any kind of coupon touched by the phone or app will be nullified immediately.

Not pointing fingers here, just preventing a national crisis.

glowing-fish

Keep grinding,
How about a little thing that tells you were it is 5 PM on a Friday, currently?

google THIS

Make something that says it will generate an interesting spreadsheet about BYOB users' posting patterns, then says PROCESSING... for several weeks before finally going OH YEAH, THAT. SOMETHING CAME UP AND I'VE BEEN REAL BUSY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

google THIS posted:

Make something that says it will generate an interesting spreadsheet about BYOB users' posting patterns, then says PROCESSING... for several weeks before finally going OH YEAH, THAT. SOMETHING CAME UP AND I'VE BEEN REAL BUSY.

lol

ty nesamdoom!