Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Anyone else getting crashes lately? All of a sudden I’m getting total freezes (I can alt-tab out but that’s it) every so often. There’s no real rhyme or reason to it that I can see and it doesn’t happen in other games. Super annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

My new favorite type of player is the kind that chokes real bad in any tight situation and calls it "unlucky", and then calls the rest of the team "bad" :allears:

Had a guy twice lose in a 1v1 situation he should've easily won (which I don't get salty about, cuz I'm bad, too) but then he had the audacity to call the rest of the team garbage lol

On the other hand, my two games previous to that one were hilariously fun, even though we lost one.

The joys of solo queuing, I don't know why I was so reluctant to do it before.

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 23, 2019

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
lol dont worry we got goons like that too sometimes

also i was getting crashes a lot last season and ate a lot of 15 min bans for abandoning matches because of it but its not so bad that i feel like i can't play a few matches in a row

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Some dude mid way through a match starts screaming at the last guy alive on team during a 1v1. All about go through this waalll shoot there you loving blablablah you get it. Guy wins the 1v1 by impact grenading the dude and screamer goes quiet again.

Cut to us winning a round or two later and the endgame stats pop up. Screamer has 0 kills 0 assists and has died every single round. Screamers mic pops open.

' you guys are welcome for the carry.' and leaves.

I laughed so hard.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ZeusCannon posted:

Some dude mid way through a match starts screaming at the last guy alive on team during a 1v1. All about go through this waalll shoot there you loving blablablah you get it. Guy wins the 1v1 by impact grenading the dude and screamer goes quiet again.

Cut to us winning a round or two later and the endgame stats pop up. Screamer has 0 kills 0 assists and has died every single round. Screamers mic pops open.

' you guys are welcome for the carry.' and leaves.

I laughed so hard.

That happened to me, too. A guy was screaming about how the 1v1 victory was because of his call out and how the teammate was a lovely player and was lucky af. Next round he was reinforcing a wall that I wanted open so I blew C4 up in his face from the other side. He definitely started cursing me at that point and asking why I did it. I told him I was tired of listening to his bitching and yammering.

Boy he was loving mad so I just muted him. And there was another dude (maybe russian accent?) on the team that was just sighing the whole time. Angry dude kept trying to spawn with me in order to tk but I changed spawn locations every time at the last minute. I miraculously ended up going like 9-3-1 in that match with mvp, russian dude said I was "on fire"', and angry dude had 0 kills after everything.

Probably my most vindicating moment in Siege so far.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

That happened to me, too. A guy was screaming about how the 1v1 victory was because of his call out and how the teammate was a lovely player and was lucky af. Next round he was reinforcing a wall that I wanted open so I blew C4 up in his face from the other side. He definitely started cursing me at that point and asking why I did it. I told him I was tired of listening to his bitching and yammering.

Boy he was loving mad so I just muted him. And there was another dude (maybe russian accent?) on the team that was just sighing the whole time. Angry dude kept trying to spawn with me in order to tk but I changed spawn locations every time at the last minute. I miraculously ended up going like 9-3-1 in that match with mvp, russian dude said I was "on fire"', and angry dude had 0 kills after everything.

Probably my most vindicating moment in Siege so far.

hahah nice! Both of your stories are great :D Kinda makes me half-wish we have more toxic players down here! The only moment I have like that is when I pretended to be an opposing player and tricked one of his team mates into TKing him (posted a video a while ago), but nothing quite like that!

EDIT: Oh actually, now that I think about it I did annoy one guy a couple of weeks ago, simply by being better than him and joking about/not getting offended by his insults. (Him saying I'm a poo poo player, etc. etc. even though I killed him every round; normally near the start. IIRC I was also making puns about his username, which he didn't like)
We ended up winning and he challenged me to a 1v1, but that was my last game for the night so I unfortunately couldn't take him up on that offer. The rest of his team was quite good though, and appreciated some of my jokes about him, haha

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Feb 25, 2019

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

LMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9gB9qL0n20&t=310s

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Something about this guy makes me want to die.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

my kinda ape posted:

Something about this guy makes me want to die.

You mean Varsity? I don't understand that. He comes off as a very patient and encouraging player.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

He's a nice kid who can't control his monotone voice. Also that Mira placement during the round you linked at the timestamp wtf

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
Finally caught one in the wild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Klvns0KRzI

Also, I am taking suggestions for which elite to get. So far my top choices are "wait for Hibana" followed by IQ, Frost (I know about the traps), or Fuze.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Elite IQ is fine as long as you don't get MVP because I'll fight you

Frost traps are easier to spot with elite imo

Fuze is wholesome and pure

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
Along with this person who posted this on Reddit, I tend to think the elite traps are a bit harder to spot when covered by wire. However, that image has different angles and wire placement between the two and it's an edge case anyway.

Anyway, I still have time to decide. Thanks to the season pass, I have just enough points to get one set and plenty of time before the shop discount runs out.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J0GX8cZGIg

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Spent 5-6 hours yesterday climbing from Silver 4 to Gold 4. Here's an ace I got during that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9amM_7WkZ4

Finished out that game like this:

I love Kaid's shotgun so very much

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Thats a fun clip why were you firing one or two shots down the hall every so often?

Also i am hot trash with that gun

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 3, 2019

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ZeusCannon posted:

Thats a fun clip why were you firing one or two shots down the hall every so often?

Also i am hooot trash with that gun

Zofia was heading through that way. I was trying to prefire her through the hole she made from security room.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ah that makes sense

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry I'm super late finishing the OP, y'all. I've started over the newbie section like there times. Really want it to be a good resource.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I'd suggest playing ranked (for now) asap. It's been mentioned in the old thread, but having the reference map and spawn location will make learning the maps much much easier. It may be obsolete advice with the changes coming in Y4 though. I still don't know boat or tower due to them only being in the casual rotation. House and favella are at least small.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rReiIVI1hMs

One year, two months, and 20 days after this happened. :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x5tfna-8lA

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Another new favorite: "I always get the lovely teams"

Hmmm, I wonder why that happens, angry pubbie? :insert thinking emjoi here:

This game gets me philosophical sometimes

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 5, 2019

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Red team bias

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Is it still the Dunning-Krueger effect when they're not necessarily incompetent, but are absolutely certain they're better than they actually are and it's just everyone else who's preventing them from winning, or is there another term for that? I can't remember.

EDIT: I mean, besides Randroid :haw:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The Dunning-Kruger effect is about how conviction in your beliefs is inversely proportional to how much you actually know.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

they're just called ash mains and i doubt that will change too much even though she's losing one of her acogs

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrA-KCu3Xs

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
New season today?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tomorrow.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-gb/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-345256-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32

A slight addendum to the TTS patch. I think it is a bit of a shame they reverted Capitao's bolts, I always wished we had an operator that was very good at consistently countering people who like to hide in small areas behind furniture that you can only really see from one angle, like the Chalet 1st floor bar when it has been reinforced. Stun grenades and candellas feel a little inconsistent, so I was hoping fire bolts would fill that void. Oh well, hopefully, they implement it eventually.

Also they reduced the HP from getting revived, presumably because getting reset is... nonthematic? I don't mind it either way.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I thought it was supposed to be today (Tuesday, 3/5)? Although anyone without the season pass can't get the new operators for a week (3/12).

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Shooting Blanks posted:

I thought it was supposed to be today (Tuesday, 3/5)? Although anyone without the season pass can't get the new operators for a week (3/12).

PC Gamer says the 6th.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

What changed re. Capitao's bolts?

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Samovar posted:

I think they’re reverting back to the previous version because they were too good.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Samovar posted:

They were going to be larger in size and propagate around obstacles in exchange for less damage. You could fire them at a roof or on top of furniture and the fire would fall and spread around the ground. This was on the test server, but they decided not to push it to live. I think people disliked it because they felt it was far too good against wooden floor/roof sites - you could shoot a tiny hole and fire a bolt directly at the roof around key areas and no-one could stop it. I thought it was a good idea, but they could have just reduced the damage so it only softened someone up and required two bolts to kill, for example.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That sounds cool. It would have definitely made cap a pro pick. As is hes just someone i get when i random drop

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Alas, the world was not ready for Good Capitaõ

The future refused to change

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

54 GB patch, yikes.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Infected posted:

54 GB patch, yikes.

Darn, I was hoping that it would finish downloading while I was at work tomorrow. That way I would only have to wait for the massive gamebreaking bugs that slipped past the TTS to be fixed before I could siege.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I got no patch. Is that the TTS patch or just announcement?