Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Just reinstalled and decided to buy the operators from pre S7. Are goons still getting together because I need a safe space to relearn the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
So... is it just my group (well, one person 99% of the time, but occasionally others) who seems to have team mates constantly flashing their whole team, as Ying? This happened tonight and it's just such a typical example haha - it was very gratifying to see Ying being shot in their moment of weakness after double-flashing an ally though! :D

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I got a posthumous kill via surya gate as Aruni the other day. It wasn't even in a very clever spot, just in a doorway to the objective. Had to do a double-take because I couldn't believe it actually happened.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Is there any goon discords?

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

So... is it just my group (well, one person 99% of the time, but occasionally others) who seems to have team mates constantly flashing their whole team, as Ying? This happened tonight and it's just such a typical example haha - it was very gratifying to see Ying being shot in their moment of weakness after double-flashing an ally though! :D

Ying is the attack version of Castle to me, where they're extremely good to have if they know what they're doing, but if a random teammate picks them, I get ready for potential shenanigans and self-sabotage.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Blue Labrador posted:

Ying is the attack version of Castle to me, where they're extremely good to have if they know what they're doing, but if a random teammate picks them, I get ready for potential shenanigans and self-sabotage.

Ah yeah, very true! I'd forgotten about how bad Castle can be, with pubbies. Yeah, pretty much! Shame - that friend of mine has an obsession with using Ying, but is always awful. Regularly flashes me with two candelas every round. I'm starting to think even pubs manage to use Ying better than he does :v:

Also, regarding calcio's Discord question, there IS a Discord server somewhere, but unfortunately as I'm an Ausgoon, I don't use it - since last time I checked (like, five years ago haha) it was dominated by US goons, so there wasn't much point in me being there. I think the OP's link is old/broken IIRC, however I can't check as I'm at work. You'll have to wait for a member to post the current invite link, I suspect

EDIT: Oh also, is anyone actually familiar with the new(ish...kinda) map yet? Emerald Plains or whatever it's called, I mean. Since it doesn't come up often for me, but whenever we defend the library (upstairs, has a skylight, staircase, multiple doors in and an opening in the middle of the building so you can see through to this meeting room or whatever) site, I'm never quite sure how to play it.
So basically, I normally end up camping way offsite on the same floor, then catching attackers unawares mid-round by creeping up and shooting them in the back. Works well enough, but I dunno, I just have no idea how to play the site in that location. Just seems so exposed in every possible way to me, personally.

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 7, 2022

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Wow, looking back at my last power (sorry about the DP btw) it's been over three months later and I still don't know my way around Emerald Plains! :v:

Anyway, in case I'm not the last person to figure this out, if anyone else is wondering how many people Kali's rifle can shoot through (forgot to test Glaz as well...), I got five friends together and gave it a go - video here, in case you like witnessing murders.
(Now all I need to do is get four more friends in the group, and see if Kali could take out the full nine! :D )

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I was bitching to my friends that Hibana's machine pistol is just better than her gun in most ways, so I started running her with her shotgun instead as a bit of a gag... but I think I non-ironically prefer it? The sidearm is legitimately great, and you can bring flashes while still having soft breach potential, AND you can play angles from below as well.

I thought the shotgun options on characters were just memes, but my world just kind of got inverted.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I just recently got into this game when it became available on playstation extra. Been having fun with it, Ranked hasn't opened up for me yet. On unranked a good chunk of people that bother to use mics are kids, though at least they don't throw slurs around. I've been liking Zero and Valkyrie for their cameras, also Hibana and Frost if no one is talking or i want to switch things up.

PSN Cheweddbacca

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

calcio posted:

Is there any goon discords?

Seconding this request as the only Discord I see on here has an expired invitation.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Blue Labrador posted:

I thought the shotgun options on characters were just memes, but my world just kind of got inverted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqSdA7QOFUE

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Has anyone given the new Consulate rework much of a go, yet? I played a match on it last night and I have to say, I'm not much of a fan of the new aesthetic! It kinda looks more like Stadium now, with the colour-coded cinder block walls etc. Has anyone picked up major enough changes to make certain strats invalid (or possible) now? I'm not yet familiar enough with it, so I merely had to muddle my way to victory

Aside from that, I haven't noticed much other than the fact that they moved walls around a little and added a lot more doors. The basement roller door entrance is covered and therefore less prone to peeks, so I guess that's alright? (There's also a car parked in a spot in the garage that's impossible for it to actually access though, which I found amusing :v: )

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

V for Vegans posted:

Seconding this request as the only Discord I see on here has an expired invitation.

If anyone has a discord they want in the OP just lmk and I'll add it

Or feel free to make another thread to replace this one :)

I don't play Siege anymore, game is still good I'm just elsewhere

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Man I tried to play this again after several months but I just can't with pubbies who are like 0 and 4 who never say a word the entire match and then have a meltdown when I can't ace the enemy team lmao

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

FrostyPox posted:

Man I tried to play this again after several months but I just can't with pubbies who are like 0 and 4 who never say a word the entire match and then have a meltdown when I can't ace the enemy team lmao

I'm prob a pubby that goes 0-4 but my text chat is full disabled and no mic is connected.

I think I only have base operators unlocked, and am not sure where to start besides "face the quick play fuckfest".

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

widespread posted:

I'm prob a pubby that goes 0-4 but my text chat is full disabled and no mic is connected.

I think I only have base operators unlocked, and am not sure where to start besides "face the quick play fuckfest".

I mean I'm not very good either and I don't care if my team gets completely stomped, it's players who are objectively bad throwing a shitfit over losing without realizing they're a big part of the problem that annoys me. Like yeah, bro, I suck, but you suck even worse, you contributed heavily to this loss but you wanna blame everyone else on the team

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
thats unironically why i ever reinstall this game or counterstrike. listening to nerds rage is very funny to me and one of the great joys of online gaming. the biggest shame is you can't hear the enemy team. it would have an incredible affect on gameplay because all the tryhards would strictky use discord while true operators would be telling each other muffled through half destroyed walls how they love the thrill of reloading during combat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Honestly that's the best approach and I should just not care cuz it's a dumb bad game but I get weirdly competitive