Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Phenotype posted:

That clip they played of that interview was really telling. The interviewer is saying "They worked for you 200 nights a year..." and trails off, and there's a second of silence where Vince looks down for a sec like he might actually be thinking about it, then you can see his face change and he does his mock-crying bit and swipes at the interviewer's notes. It's like he might have had actually feelings for a second, but just shut it all down because gently caress this, gently caress that guy, I'm not gonna feel bad. It's not like he was directly inflamed by something the interviewer said, he had dead silence for a second and took the time to decide the best way to respond was to blow up. Seems like a real, real rear end in a top hat.

Vince once said in an 90s interview, regarding steroid use among wrestlers, that it was a necessity because they were wrestling 300 dates a year. Of course, he conveniently left out how he was the one making them do 300 dates a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm sure I'll be disgusted and horrified by what the 'Ring Boy Scandal' entails, but at the same time, can someone give me a vague rundown or a link to an article?

I'm sure it's more terrible than the name implies.

About the extent of my 'McMahon/WWE treat wrestlers like poo poo' scandals is what happened to Road Warrior Hawk when WWE worked it into a storyline, and someone poured a full bottle of actual JD into his mouth/on his face.

MassRafTer posted:

After doing some more research on the ring boy scandal spurred on by some very helpful quotes from Bix it seems that Mel Phillips raped at least dozens of children and it may have been over 100. Vince McMahon was likely warned of what he was doing several times, including a letter from Lord Littlebrook.

Vince actually let Mel go (he would deny Mel was ever employed by the WWF which was true in the sense that John Cena was never employed by WWE) because what he told Meltzer and another reporter that Mel had peculiar and unnatural relationships with children but REHIRED him with the promise he not hang around kids.

Then there's Terry Garvin and the Terry Garvin School of Self Defense that Gorilla would joke about. Maybe Tony Schiavone was right not to want to pay tribute to him.