Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i have a full-time job and it took me seven years and two different career pivots to get one. finding a job in this environment is hosed eight ways from sunday. it's less of a job market than it is a job aristocracy. and not having any job at all makes you feel worthless

if you can't find a job in the field of your degree, look into programs at a community college. bonus points if they have a connection to a relevant place related to the program

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Socks4Hands posted:

wow this is almost a harder read than the climate thread
if you think that's rough, try going through the process of job hunting when you've got no experience and a degree that the job market says is worthless. a lovely day with a job (like i had today) beats any day without one

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

WampaLord posted:

ironically any success in this thread just leads to greater carbon expenditures as people commute to their new job (which is probably far as gently caress away)

:v:
the NYC subway is annoying, but i'd take it on its worst day over commuting by car any day, so i'm glad i use it