Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

red sampson posted:

it really is that way in the local iron union workers. you work a job and theres like 3 overseers that do absolutely nothing but leech off you.

live in the real world for once, get off your daddys couch

look at this post

just fuckin look

quote:

you work a job and theres like 10 capitalists that do absolutely nothing but leech off you and then one fine day you are laid off.

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 15:00 on Feb 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Frog Act posted:

Someone I know from my cohort in grad school not only got hired for one adviser position I applied to, but then got promoted to another, better advising position in our former department I had also applied to, and he was a psychopathic ex-marine piece of poo poo who had nothing but naked racism and contempt for non-white men.

It really is just mostly who you know. At least the business/finance classes are straight up in telling you that it is all about "networking" to get a job. At least the programs I was in were.

Frog Act posted:

I put in another application today to be a generic secretary and one to be a credit card representative at the bank and I often think if I'm still doing that kind of work or applying when I turn thirty I'm just gonna kill myself, lol

Don't kill yourself, kill the rich.

Alternatively just rob a bank or something and dip out to S. America. What's the worst that will happen, you'll die?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lie on your resumes

no one is checking

didn't graduate college? fuckin say you did. worst case scenario they'll call and ask to see a transcript (they won't) and then you say "oh cool but looks like I actually got another job offer so nm." No one is checking unless you need a security clearance.

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 18:09 on Mar 11, 2019

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I wish this wasn't good advice but it is. I was unemployed for longer than I care to say and what finally pulled me out of it was just completely loving lying like I never did before in my life. I was already embellishing a little bit here and there but when I went full sociopath things got way better. I still didn't get a job right away but all of a sudden I was getting called into interviews at least once a week.
Realizing that my college degree was worth much less than just bullshitting people on the spot and the fact I came close to being homeless because it took me so long to figure this out permanently broke my brain.

quote:

LADY BRITOMART. Barbara, I positively forbid you to listen to your father's abominable wickedness. And you, Adolphus, ought to know better than to go about saying that wrong things are true. What does it matter whether they are true if they are wrong?

UNDERSHAFT. What does it matter whether they are wrong if they are true?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I would like to know more