Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I've been trying to get out of my job recently because I hate it but it pays the bills. I had a few friends who tried to get me in where they worked but that went South as poo poo and I've been in "they say you're going to get a call soon" since November.

Right now I've decided to attempt networking and get a job with the account I manage at my warehouse. They've worked with me for almost a year and now that I'm mostly competent and supposedly all like me. One of them came down Thursday and asked if I wanted to send my resume back up with her (I already had sent one over the day before actually) so I guess that's a good sign?

Fingers crossed the pay is worth it because it's an hour and 15 minutes away but our lease is up in less than a year so it could work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I got a call back from a much better place than I am now! But it's an hour and fifteen minutes from home. About $5/hr more and according to this benefits summary I got all health insurance plans cost $0.04/cents a pay with a $500 deductible. Which is better than my current $90/pay and $4000 deductible

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Siljmonster posted:

taco bell wants me to install an app to work

:what:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

bloom posted:

My favourite way of getting rejected is getting ghosted. The job of HR departments is to deal with (potential) employees so is a copypasted "sorry but we picked someone else" email too much to ask for? I don't even care about the details, just let me know so I don't have to keep guessing.

HR is garbage at every job I work at. The place I am now will actively ignore employees unless we copy management into the emails because they can't be bothered to do their jobs.

The first time I tried to use my health insurance I found out that they forgot to file paperwork on their end so I didn't actually have anything yet which was awesome

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I interviewed for Pizza Hut as a delivery driver about 10 years ago and she was happy and optimistic. And then I just didn't hear back anymore.

Turns out they didn't like my two speeding tickets and that meant I couldn't get the job but rather than tell me or return a call she ignored me until I went in to pick up a pizza and asked her.

My current job has that with logistics companies right now. I'll be given out of date information and rather than let me know I'm emailing or calling the wrong people they ignore me for days.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Just had two 30 minute interviews back to back and now am waiting to hear back so I can take an assessment. Joy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Finally got a response from my job interview two weeks ago. It was of course that they didn't think I was the right fit for the job.

Not sure why they thought ignoring me was going to work since I work with them 5 days a week. Did they really think I was just going to let the elephant go unmentioned?

Fuckers.