Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
don't look for a job, look for a grift or a commune

maybe join a monastic order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

bloom posted:

My favourite way of getting rejected is getting ghosted. The job of HR departments is to deal with (potential) employees so is a copypasted "sorry but we picked someone else" email too much to ask for? I don't even care about the details, just let me know so I don't have to keep guessing.

i'd been job hunting for about six months, through several failed interviews, when I had what seemed like a great one. The guy doing the interview was also the owner of the business, we sat around for a while talking after his questions and mine were done, ended with a great vibe, was told to expect a call about setting up a second interview in the following week.

waited for the call, none came. called them, was routed to a voicemail, didn't think much of it because the company in question was a small operation, left a message, waited a few more days. still nothing. called again, got routed to their voicemail after a few rings, finally understood they were screening my calls. they never even bothered to send me an email about reneging on the 2nd interview

the naked cowardice and laziness of business owners and HR should never be underestimated

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
nothing feels quite like working sales on commission, door to door, busting your rear end for hours on end, working out of your own car, making no sales at all one ugly day, and ending that day even poorer than you started after food and gas

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh those things are the best

especially the questions that test to what degree you're willing to narc to the boss on your coworkers