Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

It's mostly that there's no jobs that I have experience for at all. I've got a degree, but other than that, nothing. These jobs, the rare ones that do pop up in my field, all want me to have done an internship I think, and unlucky me I didn't work for free while also trying to manage college studies.

I did an internship as part of my master's and now I'm applying for jobs that require a GED because nobody will hire me, so if it makes you feel any better, it probably would not have been meaningfully helpful.

The most depressing thing about job hunting is the dawning realization that there's no hope to improve my standard of living or acquire even a living wage despite all this useless education, because being able to read, write, research, and communicate just aren't very useful skills. I've been putting in hundreds of applications at the university I did my undergrad and graduate degrees at but I've only gotten one interview, because attending the school isn't good enough to work there. Well, that and all the rejections that just outright ignore me afterwards or tell me I was a great candidate but juuuuust behind the actual, acceptable candidate.

Someone I know from my cohort in grad school not only got hired for one adviser position I applied to, but then got promoted to another, better advising position in our former department I had also applied to, and he was a psychopathic ex-marine piece of poo poo who had nothing but naked racism and contempt for non-white men.

I put in another application today to be a generic secretary and one to be a credit card representative at the bank and I often think if I'm still doing that kind of work or applying when I turn thirty I'm just gonna kill myself, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU