Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I feel depressed because I went to an interview on Tuesday for a position at a start up and the interview lasted for like 15 minutes before the guy said "I have to take a call". Like god, that's just the worst sign is having a short interview and I don't really get why it keeps happening to me. Like gently caress, I walked 30 minutes to get to some restaurant for an interview and the lady spent 4 minutes with me and later told me "we found a more qualified candidate". I don't think I've ever hit above 30 minutes.

Also god it feels great to yell at people in emails when they reject me. At the least I hope it made them upset for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Pretty Little Angel posted:

What do you say?

I just yell at the hiring manager or HR for wasting my time or deciding I'm not the one based on something loving trivial. Like, poo poo, I think I left my jacket on once during an interview because they did it right next to the entry way and it was a bit cold, but apparently that's bad because I was somehow signalling I didn't really want the job, according to a site I read about how HR dipshits make hiring decision. Like, gently caress, anything I do could be construed as bad and unworthy by these weird assholes, apparently.

I mean hell, one time I went to interview at a sandwich place. The hiring manager told me straight up to my face, "You're too qualified for this job," then asked me if I needed it. I of course say yes, and she says, "Well ok, go do an application on the site and I'll see." I do so, and then I get called saying, "Oh, you should apply for shift lead, I can't really pay you more than 13 bucks as a team member." So I do that, and wait to interview again. But apparently she just wanted to stall so she could fill both the shift lead position and the team member position, as she kept dodging my calls until I got a notification saying that both positions were filled. Terrible loving rear end in a top hat.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Jon Joe posted:

I once knew someone who's job it was to run grifts like that, essentially calling up people job hunting and make it sound like they're getting a job, but then selling them on training instead.
edit: commission based pay of course

I also like the people at staffing agencies who put up posts for jobs but then almost always tell you "well the position has been filled already, but please put yourself on our firm's roster so we can get you a job."

I think I'm with 3 or so of those temp agencies now. None of them have offered me anything. Very cool!

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
god i should just fake having experience in poo poo because this is loving aggravating. every stupid loving job here is like "oh we need you to have 2+ years of being an administrative assistant" on their requirements, so I should just loving fake having one for two years, have a friend pretend to be my supervisor from there or some poo poo, so I can get SOME loving interview my god.

also what other weird poo poo do interviewers hate? i've got long hair but also i'm a huge pussy and go to job interviews presenting as male because 1. I don't wanna get discriminated against for being trans and 2. I loving hate myself and have no confidence in how i look, and i feel paranoid that the long hair makes interviewers think i'm untrustworthy or a metal head or some poo poo.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I just need to lie relentlessly at this point. I don't know what the gently caress else is gonna get me a good paying job. I dunno if I can just make up whole-sale experience out of cloth or what but god help me I can't loving keep loving losing out to some other stupid rear end in a top hat who interviewed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
It's mostly that there's no jobs that I have experience for at all. I've got a degree, but other than that, nothing. These jobs, the rare ones that do pop up in my field, all want me to have done an internship I think, and unlucky me I didn't work for free while also trying to manage college studies.