Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I was job hunting for most of last year and went through everything possible - job boards, recruiters, connections, drat near begging for a position. my favorite rejection ended up being the "you were just behind another candidate" or "if we could take two people, we'd take you too" or even "we loved you better than the other person, but they have an extra piece of paper than you" it's awesome and definitely didn't make me feel like screaming!!

what was really awesome, was an interview I had where I met with the owner, his controller, and some other owner (??) for like 2 loving hours. it was the Friday before Labor Day and they wanted me to come in earlier than I scheduled for and it was a pain in the rear end but gotta do it because any negative thoughts hurt you!! I finally go in, get to hear the owner brag about how little he likes paying people and making them work to death while he's eyeing 100 million in revenue in the coming years. then... after all of that, they tell me the week after I didn't have enough experience. thanks for making me waste the time and getting my hopes up for something that you could have looked at my resume to determine, bitch.

how'd I finally end up getting a job? I got a message on indeed. i ignored it because I got like 10 of them a week, all usually spam. but this one seemed legit and so I followed up with it, and within no time they scheduled me for an interview and then hired me the next day. after like 6 months of bs I finally got a job though making well below what I wanted. I say that, not to brag but to try and give some hope to people ITT who've been looking for much longer than me. poo poo loving sucks, but do keep believing you'll find something. staying positive and being excited for a position in an interview (no matter how much you're fakin it) is a big rear end strength. I've always been good at faking a smile though, so if you're bad at it, I'd say to start there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

if you're gonna lie (and you should) try to add a few more months of experience here and there. I added a couple months for one job and exaggerated the amount of hours at another. those are small enough lies to get past people, don't add years or things you haven't done that seem way too over your head. something that you could at least plausible bs your way through is fine, unless the person you're talking to has been doing that activity.

another lie I usually do is add a task that my boss had me assist with, but I acted as if I did it all myself. so long as you know enough about it to answer a question about it, you should be fine.

e: also, if you worked at a place that went under, no one can verify whether you lied or not. so feel free to embellish that more.