Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

red sampson posted:

Working as a machine stamper/fabricator in america is risky, because you have to join a union, and if you don't want to you get fired.

I am not anti-union in any way but

Lol sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

red sampson posted:

it really is that way in the local iron union workers. you work a job and theres like 3 overseers that do absolutely nothing but leech off you.

live in the real world for once, get off your daddys couch

I can't believe that you make $35/hr and you're bitching about your union being worthless parasites

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

So you'd think you'd make more without them, is that it?

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

red sampson posted:

no, its more a question of, you are damned if you do, and youre damned if you dont, unions have a 12% representation in america right now, and if you knew what it was like youd not be so cavaler, but its fine, i talk to jerks like you all the time. because your the business owners son, or daughter or something.

Lmao I work in construction you dumb gently caress, quit bitching about your union that provides you with literally ~40% better pay than unorganized positions do, you sound ignorant as hell

And you know what, if you don't like how your union is being run, attend some meetings - I know your dumb rear end isn't working much more than 40 a week, you're paid overtime because you have a union and you get to vote on that poo poo

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

red sampson posted:

hmm yes construction, the mightiest of jobs, so you a foreman, or just a clock stopper?

Why on earth would I be advocating unionization if I was management

Attend a meeting my good bitch, it's with your time and you pay those dues for a reason