Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fits my needs posted:

so india either bombed the empty side of a mountain or killed 200 dudes or some poo poo? lmao

yeah this is the equivalent of trump bombing an empty field with the largest non nuke ever a year ago and claiming he murdered like all of the taliban

turned out he bombed a taliban prison lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

A day that will live in lameness

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

the pakistani intelligence services murdered 166 people, including americans, in 2008 and nothing happened

so no

this time though the prime minister of india has an election and his platform as far as i can tell is "gently caress muslims, make money"

i guess nuclear war would be bad for the making money part of that

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

FizFashizzle posted:

the pakistani intelligence services murdered 166 people, including americans, in 2008 and nothing happened

so no

Some heavy diplomatic work by State and millions of dollars worth of bribes went into keeping that from going full-nuclear.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

time to dust off the nukes. do either of theirs even work anymore?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Space Jam posted:

time to dust off the nukes. do either of theirs even work anymore?

Let's see what happens?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/CivMilAir/status/1100240416056717312

deals donald is on the case

RaffyTaffy
Oct 15, 2008
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/00963402.2018.1507796?needAccess=true
Pakistani nuclear forces, 2018

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/00963402.2018.1533162?needAccess=true
Indian nuclear forces, 2018

Reports on each powers nukes.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
i'm ignorant as gently caress and I didn't realize this -

https://twitter.com/idreesali114/status/1100233106446004224

:wow:

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

AKA Pseudonym posted:

A day that will live in lameness

I would suggest taking any Pakistani releases with a huge grain of salt. The government has self-interest in downplaying this as hard as they can (namely to avoid looking weak and also to avoid inflaming public pressure for retaliation and escalation), and the language being used is highly reminiscent of the usual "nothing at all happened but we totally kicked rear end" that dictatorships tend to do when they get attacked (example: Syria every time the IDF bombs them).

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/CombatJourno/status/1100239691121602560

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

sitchensis posted:

does the USA still not have an ambassador for Pakistan and India?

We have an ambassador to India, but not to Pakistan.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Since when does the military make decisions based on public pressure?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'm sure the Pakistanis are weighing a retaliation but they have to find a target that's relatively deep in India which they can hit but not cause too many deaths. And they have to get in and out without any of their guys getting smoked. A really tall order.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Marx Headroom posted:

ya, they should just bomb poo poo and make up a bunch of evidence to convince people it was good later

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Marx Headroom posted:

when theyre also the government i guess

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/OfficialDGISPR/...ingawful.com%2F

Pakistan downplaying/denying extent of India strike.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
In retrospect, more people should have read this book:

https://www.ips.org.pk/hydro-diplomacy-preventing-water-war-nuclear-armed-pakistan-india/

RaffyTaffy
Oct 15, 2008

should be heading to Vietnam guess they will need a new flight plan?

Someone do the Clancy version of this where air force one was over Kashmir at the time.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/StratSentinel/status/1100265908357001219?s=19

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

apparently india might be having a press conference about it in 20 minutes

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

really queer Christmas posted:

with my last breath, i curse perfidious albion

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Hail ss-18 satan may his passage cleanse the earth

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Anyways nothing will happen

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

We'll see in the morning good night

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i always plug facebook's live map feature to get on the ground stuff from around the world but lol they killed the whole thing at the start of this year

RaffyTaffy
Oct 15, 2008
https://twitter.com/iankushchoubey/status/1100275440479014912

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

quote:

Statement by Foreign Secretary on 26 February 2019 on the Strike on JeM training camp at Balakot

February 26, 2019

On 14 February 2019, a suicide terror attack was conducted by a Pak based terrorist organization Jaish-e-Mohammad, leading to the martyrdom of 40 brave jawans of the CRPF. JeM has been active in Pakistan for the last two decades, and is led by MASOOD AZHAR with its headquarters in Bahawalpur.

This organization, which is proscribed by the UN, has been responsible of a series of terrorist attacks including on the Indian Parliament in December 2001 and the Pathankot airbase in January 2016.

Information regarding the location of training camps in Pakistan and PoK has been provided to Pakistan from time to time. Pakistan, however, denies their existence. The existence of such massive training facilities capable of training hundreds of jihadis could not have functioned without the knowledge of Pakistan authorities.

India has been repeatedly urging Pakistan to take action against the JeM to prevent jihadis from being trained and armed inside Pakistan. Pakistan has taken no concrete actions to dismantle the infrastructure of terrorism on its soil.

Credible intelligence was received that JeM was attempting another suicide terror attack in various parts of the country, and the fidayeen jihadis were being trained for this purpose. In the face of imminent danger, a preemptive strike became absolutely necessary.

In an intelligence led operation in the early hours of today, India struck the biggest training camp of JeM in Balakot. In this operation, a very large number of JeM terrorists, trainers, senior commanders and groups of jihadis who were being trained for fidayeen action were eliminated. This facility at Balakot was headed by MAULANA YOUSUF AZHAR (alias USTAD GHOURI), the brother-in-law of MASOOD AZHAR, Chief of JeM.

The Government of India is firmly and resolutely committed to taking all necessary measures to fight the menace of terrorism. Hence this non-military preemptive action was specifically targeted at the JeM camp. The selection of the target was also conditioned by our desire to avoid civilian casualties. The facility is located in thick forest on a hilltop far away from any civilian presence. As the strike has taken place only a short while ago, we are awaiting further details.

The Government of Pakistan had made a solemn commitment in January 2004 not to allow its soil or territory under its control to be used for terrorism against India. We expect that Pakistan lives up to its public commitment and takes follow up actions to dismantle all JeM and other camps and hold the terrorists accountable for the actions.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

quote:

The Government of India is firmly and resolutely committed to taking all necessary measures to fight the menace of terrorism. Hence this non-military preemptive action was specifically targeted at the JeM camp. The selection of the target was also conditioned by our desire to avoid civilian casualties. The facility is located in thick forest on a hilltop far away from any civilian presence. As the strike has taken place only a short while ago, we are awaiting further details.

interesting

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

everyone's trying to make sure their rear end is covered in their own special little ways

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
lets take a look at cnn

some garbage about dems impotently trying to get trump

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Some nuclear war! I'm going back to bed.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Kazak posted:

Some nuclear war! I'm going back to bed.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

bunch of cucks

cmon do it fuckers

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

Some heavy diplomatic work by State and millions of dollars worth of bribes went into keeping that from going full-nuclear.

Well then it's a good thing donnie found the fattest SOS he could snarf snarf snarf

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Pretty sure that

1) India bombed something in Pakistan
2) Pakistan scrambled fighter jets and the Indian jets chose not to engage and escaped back to Indian air space

So both sides can claim victory and move on without further aggression.

Unless there is further provocation or one sides propaganda about this incident proves too potent this can end the whole thing. In this narrative Pakistan can allow India to be the aggressors because 40 Indian troops have already died so the Indians need to get something strong looking in response.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Well then it's a good thing donnie found the fattest SOS he could snarf snarf snarf

he’s too busy tweeting toughguy stuff at iran to deal with this rn

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://twitter.com/OfficialDGISPR/status/1100372983925878784

a surprise?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I spent all night tweeting at these guys to settle down or the US was going to nuke both of them and I think I got through to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
is the surprise a nuclear bomb?