Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The latter I think. My knowledge of Indian politics is fuzzy at best but the current right wing party is getting butchered in elections so this might be an attempt at getting some sympathy for The Troops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

General Dog posted:

What would they do

Strike military targets and occupy water sources in neighboring countries in the name of protecting them

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

That said I'm pretty sure this is just some dudes on the border shooting at each other, I doubt it'll turn onto anything more than a minor border skirmish and it'll die down by the start of next week

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

"nuclear war is not imminent" says increasingly disappointed man

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

So much for GLOBAL WARMING libs :smug:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I wonder what would cause the wholesale collapse of China first, the unparalleled refugee crisis, the global crop failures or the collapse of global trade as any support services/factories are vaporized

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Tastykake posted:

why would india or pakistan nuke china?

If u send a compenent to get assembled into something and it's in an indian place that got vaporized ur suddenly down a buyer op

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

I think they're implying china's economy is dependant on factories in pakistan/india which I don't think is true.

Nope, the supply chain for everything in this globalized economy more complicated for a TV dinner is broad enough that the massive involuntary deindustrialization of a country as large as India and the subsequent flood of refugees through out the rest of se Asia will gently caress up manufacturing in every country on the planet op.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Algund Eenboom posted:

It's not like refugees will be fleeing to china unless they want to cross the Himalayas

Look at a map and count how many countries border China. It will not be difficult for people to just hop across a country into China from another country, especially if the country they're going through decides it's for the best if they don't settle down there and give them a boost to keep them moving

People have been fleeing across the Mediterranean in boats made from scrapwood for the better part of decade, terrain means nothing. Every single country in the region is gonna get people entering it.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Willie Tomg posted:

fun fact: this presumption--and how it's never truly the case--underpinned a lot of the stupid bullshit that led to both world wars. ha ha ha.

It's not that it's inaccurate, manufacturing shortfalls had a big impact on on people's day to day lives and how countries fought each other during those wars, it's just that when it comes to fighting a war the elites don't really care how much suckier life becomes for the proles

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah it rules, then the new elites still tried to keep the war going and had to get deposed at second time

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

*as mumbai is bathed in atomic fire* what a shame

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Kashmiri independence is about to get extremely popular.

That state would become a massive hotbed of espionage and shady arms deals overnight

I support it 100%

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

cargo cult posted:

its not a net gain if the pakistanis shoot down indian jets and the supposed multiple hundred figure kill count turns out to be total bullshit

Who are the hindichuds gonna believe, The Troops or some ~special un report~?

So long as modis base is pumped up its a win and the only way they won't get pumped up is if they're bathed in atomic fire.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

I'm headed to Kashmir to assassinate generals on both sides

The caro saga but it leads to him establishing mother base in the Himalayas

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I'm not saying it's bad, I'm saying I want in

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

first recruit into Goons Without Borders will be that captured Indian pilot with the bitchen moustache

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

Hindu's went hard for trump in the 2016 election and LOVE him. And we all know how trump feels about muslims lol

otoh trump betrays everyone who supports hims and pakistan buys american jets

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Nonsense posted:

att & Verizon are gonna be jerks during ww3

ww3 averted when Verizon throttles their Network causing a launch order to never get delivered

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

really queer Christmas posted:

why are things quiet. I demand entertainment

just go run a false flag op yourself

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

Tbf, this is the same was I've heard Israel described: well equipped but not familiar with actual frontline action for decades.

Last time isreal attacked Hezbollah with ground stuff they lost lmao

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

That said Pakistan did a mass occupation of Indian Land back in 1999 and the Indian army managed to push them out pretty quickly

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Abominable even

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

mila kunis posted:

BJP landslide. Looks like India's #saidyestowar

lol this shits gonna happen just before every election now

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Having people assault or threaten opposition activists also helps

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

India needs more Naxalites.

hope they're ready to do some recruiting

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

don't think there's gonna be a shooting war beyond the kind of skirmishing we saw earlier this year but i do suspect Pakistan and China are gonna be getting really friendly with each other

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Mercrom posted:

who would use nukes. thats irrational. you idiots ever heard of MAD

Me, looking at a quickly expanding mushroom cloud: isn't that immoral

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

So how many Muslim refugees from Myanmar are in that border area?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i say swears online posted:

pick your favorites! (it's the maoists)

Do the naxalites count as maoists or are there other, lamer maoists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

so what's going on domestically that the Indian gov needs a distraction from

I hear Coronas getting out of hand there

Agean90 has issued a correction as of 06:12 on Jun 18, 2020