Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

is this person full of herself? i'm inclined to believe "yes"
https://twitter.com/CChristineFair/status/1100918712952070144

you know all the jokes about how liberals just want drones with rainbow flags or whatever?

She made a name for herself writing about how "actually, drone strikes aren't that bad and in fact are making Pakistan more safe and Pakistanis would like them if they had more Education" and probably worked for the CIA.

although I guess she got Richard Spencer kicked out of a gym so she's not all bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

gently caress, Indian twitter is better than us even in the fake kid department.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

https://twitter.com/SheWallBeth/status/1101627677851574272

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

sometimes it seems like all of history just ends up being about a contest of strength. It's easy for posters like me to complain about human rights abuses and democracy and stuff but I kinda get where tankies are coming from. Your enemies will have no mercy so why should you?

So basically, should I just shed all of my ideology and get super into Indian nationalism, or Pakistani nationalism, or I guess Chinese nationalism?I'm open minded if anyone has better ideas.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

mila kunis posted:

thai royalism

does this mean i have to give up the thai thread because it's kinda good

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I feel like we’re living in 1910 or something, where all these horrible festering nationalist grievances and power plays mixed with weapons we don’t want to understand and awful alliances are going to lead to an insanely pointless and futile war that will solve nothing. anyway happy thanksgiving

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...n-idUSKBN1YA07W

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

the New Yorker did a good profile of the rise of Modi alongside the life of a Mumbai-born Muslim journalist.

the article title doesn't leave much room for nuance: this is fascism and it's coming fast

i went back and read this the other day. it's loving chilling. This line stayed with me:

quote:

India is becoming the country it has always wanted to be.

I think that this is going to be the dominant story for the next century, every country embracing their id.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

virgin hindu vegetarian vs the chad carnivore muslim

edit: it sorta already exists

Smirking_Serpent has issued a correction as of 20:33 on Dec 15, 2019