Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

FizFashizzle posted:

the pakistani intelligence services murdered 166 people, including americans, in 2008 and nothing happened

so no

Some heavy diplomatic work by State and millions of dollars worth of bribes went into keeping that from going full-nuclear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'm sure the Pakistanis are weighing a retaliation but they have to find a target that's relatively deep in India which they can hit but not cause too many deaths. And they have to get in and out without any of their guys getting smoked. A really tall order.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQKPSMIVHbQ

edit: gently caress!

Zeroisanumber has issued a correction as of 04:04 on Feb 27, 2019

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
India still flies MIG-21's? Those things are ancient.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

gradenko_2000 posted:

They still had about ~250 of them as of 2013, though they're supposed to be rather unsafe to fly these days because of their age.

Even with modern avionics I wouldn't relish the idea of going up against an F-16 in a MIG that's easily older than the pilot flying it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

A fighter jet is just a glorified missile platform. All they have to do is get a target lock and let it fly to do their job. Using ancient Soviet jets is a cost effective solution for developing countries. Obviously that changes if the Migs start falling apart, but that's what ejector seats are for.

A quick glance at wiki shows that India lost literally half of the 21's that they built from 1966-80 to crashes. The plane has something of a reputation as a widowmaker and they're supposed to be phased out by the end of this year.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Scratching my balls which haven't been nuked off yet.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Modi! Nuke my balls!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

UrbicaMortis posted:

Seems bad tbh

War is good and will be easy.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

FoolyCharged posted:

8 year olds are typically more concerned with cooties than righteous vengeance.

When I was 8 I wanted to whip Megatron's rear end.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'm beginning to think that my balls are never getting nuked off.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Terror Sweat posted:

I have family there and all this aggressive posturing is really disconcerting

Same, but it seems like it's gradually calming down.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

pakistan has nukes armies matter for nothing

nuke my balls pls

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

jai hind

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

supporting the Hindu nationalist no matter what, even when you’re a member of the Hindu doo doo caste

India needs more Naxalites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

KiteAuraan posted:

Any indication India is going to swing at the Chinese administered portion of Kashmir? Is the BJP that hopped up on Brahmin Supremacy fascism?

Modi's never struck me as suicidal.