Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

lol not this bs again

all foreplay no fornication

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

it would be at least a little funny if everyone had their eyes on trump and russia and a bunch of other dumb white people poo poo only for india and pakistan to suddenly plunge the world into nuclear winter

won't happen tho

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

is it a girl yeti....

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

uh, so what's india doing here

just saying "gently caress it" and trying to take over kashmir for good?

what could possibly go wrong

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

under advanced worldwide capitalism, torturing activists IS maintaining security. bing bong so simple

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

my understanding is that kashmir is basically being stripped of all autonomy and self-determination in the name of settler colonialism and the attendant cultural genocide

this is good if you're a hindu nationalist (like most modi supporters)

this is bad if you're kashmiri/muslim, dislike authoritarianism, or also if you dislike the prospect of a possibly-nuclear war between india and pakistan

wonder why they decided to just fuckin go for it now of all times. because the election is over i guess?

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

Jose posted:

If India and Pakistan did decide to lob nukes at each other would the rest of the world just wait until it was over?

the economic and ecological effects of a nuclear war between india and pakistan would prolly get billions of people killed and cause a massive worldwide depression

who knows whether everyone else would sit it out or shoot their wads but it'd be a total hellworld either way

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

TeenageArchipelago posted:

see, I was going to dispute the ecological effects bit, because we've already detonated hundreds, if not thousands of nuclear weapons in the atmosphere, but the more that I think about it: India has a major problem with water supply, and disrupting that supply chain like a nuclear war potentially could could be devistating. I'm not convinced about billions, but tens to hundreds of millions? sure. I could see that potentially happening based off of my very limited understanding of the whole situation

and yeah it could easily gently caress poo poo up economically. I know that we get our CNC inserts from India, and there's probably a whole lot else that comes from there that I don't know about

we caused waaay more contamination and illness with all those tests than is publicly acknowledged, but my understanding is that the big difference here would be a) the number of bombs being detonated all at once, and b) that they'd be going off over huge cities instead of the middle of nowhere, producing smoke/ash/fallout in massive amounts that won't dissipate before their effects gently caress everything completely up

yeah, this :smith:

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

yeah it gets colder but then it finally dissipates from the air and there's like, a lot less ozone when the sun finally does come back out

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

https://twitter.com/DunyaNews/status/1159095046311952384

and china's pissed too :whitewater:

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

well that's a good sign

do any of these ppl ever watch documentaries about hiroshima or those depressing af nuclear war movies like threads or the day after

i mean it's always ultimately our fault for proliferating and using the drat things in the first place but why are other countries racing to be as dumb as us

don't follow america's example lmaooooo

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

man it just keeps getting worse. most kashmiris are very determined to overcome this oppression (and should be) but india just keeps grinding the boot harder in their face until pakistan is like "lol we're uh, we're prolly gonna nuke you"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

Just popping in to make my prediction that when this is all over, it will in fact be India that sees the most corona deaths:

1) Massive population, much of it in places that are more densely populated than China
2) Affordable but massively inadequate healthcare system
3) Dreadful sanitation as a general rule
4) Corrupt and incompetent political leadership at almost every level of government with the exception of a handful of states
5) Large sectors of the population that for various (sometimes extremely valid) reasons are accustomed to not loving doing what the govt tells them.
6) Likely compounding catastrophes of sectarian strife, climate disasters, etc

Counterpoints:

1) Strong mutual aid tradition in certain sectors
2) Large and generally competent army that actually has a fair amount of hands-on experience with emergency relief and such

You could just as easily be describing America, only without the affordable healthcare part.