Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Darth Walrus posted:

Fistfights in the Himalayas, remember. Our regular Everest thread is a helpful reminder that even minor injuries will deeply gently caress you over up there.

I miss the everest thread. Arrogant rich people are by far the favoured demographic for alpine expiration. It's not fun when it's people getting paid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Darth Walrus posted:

Yeah, reading the coverage, I'm afraid that doesn't seem likely. The BJP has been holding gigantic rallies as recently as last week, and spreading some truly bizarre misinformation about the disease (did you know it can be cured by drinking cow piss?).

I can get you a bucket of covid cure by tomorrow morning, $25.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Charlz Guybon posted:

All the estimates I've seen have said 5 to 10 times the reported numbers. That would be 12.5 - 25 k a day.

Half a million a month. gently caress

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Budzilla posted:

Well Russia has a population of 150 million and declining. So my misreading is even more accurate.

wtf I thought they were crawling with people.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Pistol_Pete posted:

Well, Germany's the biggest country in Europe, with about 80m people, so 150m is still nearly twice that, so it's pretty big relative to European countries.

But yeah, Russia's quite like Canada or Australia in that they have an absolutely enormous territory, but nearly all the people live in one quite small part of it and the rest is largely empty.

Yeah, I was just wondering how they managed to have the numbers to lose millions of people during WW2 with a population size similar to the USA (at the time). But I just looked at their population graph and yikes. If the war had gone on for another few years they wouldn't have anyone left.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Flayer posted:

Many other states are also not introducing a lockdown so I suppose just having one at all is something positive but from what we know of Covid19 a 4 day lockdown is utterly ineffective. I doubt it will even make a noticeable difference. And this is one of the "good" guys during the crisis, it really is a horrific case of the government abdicating all responsibility and allowing a deadly pandemic to take its natural course through society.

You could be talking about the US here.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Should he have started a go fund me instead?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Grouchio posted:

The emergency supplies aren't even reaching India? Holy poo poo!

The USA does the same thing. Brazil tried to send a bunch of poo poo I clouding experienced people to help with (a flood? Katrina?) and US officials refused. Probably cost a bunch of lives out of pride.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I haven't seen any GBS threads about India or Pakistan disappearing in a series of nuclear fireballs yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

It's a periodic table not an all the time table.