Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Brother Entropy posted:

pokemon are good and i like them :)

strong agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I love sweet murderous Kartana

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ziddar posted:

Naganadel,

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Is the water you make for moves like hocking a loog and licking an envelope and pissing all over the seat potable?

hell yeah dude list more, I'm so close

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lol this is fantastic

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

when do you think we'll see the starters' evos

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that third stage is too fearsome imo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Vinylshadow posted:

No different than Dewott to Samurott

yeah but Dewott isn't a sad little baby bitch cutie pie like Sboopty

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

why is Pokemon Black 2 one hundred and sixty dollars on Amazon

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Are R4 DS cartridges still dirt cheap? I don't see why anyone would bust out the big bucks for a DS pokemon game (Save for HG/SS if you've still got a pokewalker) when you can just DIY with one of those little buggers.

idk what this is but would like to know more

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Sobble can't get a gun because it can't pass the mental health fitness screening

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

with an oval charm, a Pokémon with magma armor, and Tauros, you can crank through like 45+ an hour

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I was told magma armor/flame body and Roto Hatch don't stack, and based on limited testing it seems true. I could be wrong though as my tests were just counting spins

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

chaosapiant posted:

Once you’ve bred that much, is the idea to keep line breeding Pokémon to get good trait and moves? Is there any kind of eugenics?

sort of but not really, once you get a mon with perfect stats you give it a destiny knot, give an ever stone to a ditto with the nature you want, and breed those over and over until a perfect shiny pops out

e: also if one of the Pokémon is from a different region (real-world different region, not in-game regions) it increases (doubles?) your chances of hatching a shiny

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Flopsy posted:

The dittos are the studs tho.

dittos are insatiable power bottoms

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's wild that a couple simple machines fixed together in the form of a bicycle costs 10k but technology as complicated as pokeballs are 2bux each

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

chaosapiant posted:

Also: can you change what ball your mon is in?

No

chaosapiant posted:

Why would you do that

~*aesthetics*~

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Winklebottom posted:

Er, I have a random one I caught somewhere? :v

I purchased 25 perfect IV shiny dittos from the Japan region (one of each nature) for four dollars last summer, they all came holding destiny knots or everstones. idc if they're hacked, they get the job done.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Incineroar would only be good if it were knee high, but it isn't, so it's not

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if you don't have five or six 5-star cafes in your Plaza, idk what you're even doing. you can get a pokemon from 60 to 100 in a day like ten minutes

e: the Festival Plaza is so easy to exploit once you have a handful of good favorite guests, I'm drowning in gold bottlecaps and big nuggets

indigi fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 6, 2019

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Zedd posted:

Explain me more. :stare:

I don't have the game on me now to find the exact name/stars, but there are certain lottery stalls that always give the same reward the first time you use it after it opens; one of them always gives a big nugget, one of them always gives a bottle cap or gold bottle cap. once you find a person who offers to introduce you to that stall, you favorite them, give them the coins to bring the stall to your plaza and use the stall, guaranteeing you get the item you're looking for. then you replace that stall with the other one you want, and repeat until you're out of festival coins or you have enough of whatever you want.

e: here's a guide that may explain it a little clearer, it only has the bottle cap stall and not the big nugget/gold bottle cap one though. I forget what those are called

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

actually it sucks

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I love Zekrom

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

some people say that Shaq is the Gen V of centers

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Brother Entropy posted:

i much preferred the new recruit mechanic of 'do a specific sidequest to get this specific 'mon' than the old style of 'beat up mons over and over until you finally trigger the percentage chance that they'll join, many of them in the single digits by default'

yeah sidequests for mons are fun

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

RatHat posted:

More final evolution "leaks"

Obviously 99% chance they're fake but the designs are interesting to talk about. Grookey and Sobble final forms look...weird but fit a Sword/Shield theme. Scorbunny's is just kinda more speed rabbit. I guess they'd be Grass/Fighting, mono Fire, and Water/Steel? I'd be fine with that.

Grookey and Sobble's are kinda dumb but I like Scorbunny's

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the psychic and fairy ones are extremely dope, the rest I could give or take. esp the dragon which just looks like a mutant Hydreigon

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I hope the snooker pokemon knows the special snooker words to Lady in Red that every snooker player knows

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Reveilled posted:

Oh, that's a bad hiss

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I liked the S/M story more overall, but preferred the US/UM ending slightly because Lillie becomes a badass trainer and fights alongside you, which loving rules

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

She gets one double battle where Faba goes "Haha I tricked you into a double battle with a weak link!" and then afterwards she goes "I guess i'm not strong enough, i'll help by standing in this hallway and healing your pokemon." And then she gets used as a hostage

she fights with you competently in the Battle Tree also

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

level 4 and 5 restaurants in Festival Plaza have meals that add 7-9 levels at a pop, plus the ~10 individual level meals per day. and you can have like six of those restaurants. there's no grinding in S/M at all, unless you want there to be

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if I went to the giant M&M store in Times Square I’d expect them to have every flavor and color of M&M.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

from a couple pages ago, but my fav Battle Tree team was:

Jolly/Beast Boost Kartana @ Focus Sash (Speed/Attack EVs) - Leaf Blade, Smart Strike, Sacred Sword, and either Psycho Cut or Night Slash (I forget which, either should do well [cause you'll almost never use the fourth move]). people like to put Swords Dance on her since you're guaranteed to get one hit off with the Focus Sash (and combined with the Beast Boost ability it puts its attack through the roof), but you could get out-speeded which would be a total waste.

Bold/Limber Toxapex @ Black Sludge (HP/Def/SpD EVs) - Scald, Toxic, Toxic Spikes, Recover. loving mega wall that can wear down the vast majority of opponents on its own in my experience. Mega Alakazam or a Reunculus with Magic Guard will gently caress you up in a jiffy though

Adamant/Intimidate Salamence @ Salamancite (Speed/Attack EVs) - Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Roost, Return. Mega Salamence's Aerilate turns Return into a Flying-type move, so it gets STAB on top of the 1.2x damage from your pokemon loving you a lot. I've used Double Edge in place of Return and I think mathematically it works out better (more OHKOs), but I just hate moves with recoil damage on GP.

BattleCattle posted:

What’s the best shiny?

I really like Shiny Sylveon even though it's a bit boring

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

gross

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

is there an in-universe reason for why so many pokemon are "Pikachu, but slightly different"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I want a corvid with a giant brain/skull like the Ultra-Humanite

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it'd go beeper -> nokia brick -> smartphone

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Would that not just be a Rotom form?

being able to put it on silent would make Rotom less annoying for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kurieg posted:

Hey here's some advice you never asked
*opens door*
Hey here's some advice you never
*egg hatches*
Hey here's some advice you n
*talks to NPC*
Hey here's some advice you never asked for.

JUST LET ME USE THE LOTTO YOU INSANE GHOST.

it'd be easier to ignore if it didn't give you the loving mopey sad eyes after 10 minutes of no interactions. it's like playing a game with Eeyore