Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
We're getting ???-type eevee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Or Bird type

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

fire/electric is such a bonkers combo for a fast physical sweeper, immunity to both twave and burn plus some great stab

give them reckless as their HA plus flare blitz and wild charge :yum:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
they'd probably have HJK too. yowza!!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
we're getting a pokemon area at a nintendo theme park which is pretty close

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

oddium posted:

i was going to use sobble but then i realized the rabbit is a brit child who probably teaches the others how to run and jump so now i’m going to name it harey gomm

ancient, tempered lol

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

BattleCattle posted:

What’s the best shiny?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

oddium posted:

all leaks are real but the realest leaks aren’t pictures they’re 4chan posts from a chinese guy saying like

“one looks like a stick of dynamite with angel wings. one of them is a ball of water with a fish inside. it evolves into two fish”

Oh great another flying/fire type to be made unviable by the sneaky pebbles

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

BattleCattle posted:

Don’t they eat at pokémon centers? If so, maybe it’s paid for by the same fellas who keep the mice alive.

there were episodes where they were given meals at pokemon centers

i always assumed there was some sort of government program that supported you if you wanted to go out on a pokemon adventure once in your life, but after a certain amount of time you were expected to contribute more directly to society

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nasgate posted:

While I believe that post scarcity Utopia is probably the best representative concept, the existence of ancient Pokemon just fuddle my brain on that concept. Like how recent was the scarcity if we're just now incorporating Pokemon into daily life when they've existed before humanity?

the pokeball itself is fairly recent iirc, which is a pretty big game changer

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
im not sure if its ever explicitly said what a pokeball does to a pokemon's brain but in general a newly captured pokemon is shown to be highly obedient (though not really buddy-buddy) in the show after you just gave it 4 bruised rubs and a concussion so its safe to say humanity has gotten better at making pokemon do what they want

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Silver2195 posted:

Nonsense. Everyone knows that Ash's real father is Prof. Oak. :colbert: Ash is the Josuke to Gary's Jotaro!

*pro oak

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Super No Vacancy posted:

he shouldve just used the master ball sitting in his office what a dumbass

he was saving that for a level 41 fearow

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Vegetable posted:

Man I have not tried to follow the Ultra Beasts and I was so sure you were making most of these names up

Noob.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

BlazetheInferno posted:

I've said it a million times, and I'll say it a million more.

I HATE Stealth Rock and what it did to the competitive game. There is an upsetting number of pokemon out there whose usability tanks through the ground purely as a result of that one move.

Gamefreak either needs to take away Stealth Rocks' benefitting from type advantages, or they need to add a bunch more entry hazards that benefit from them. Hell, add a restriction of only being able to have one type-damaging entry hazard deployed at a time to prevent people stacking a bunch of them if you need to. But Stealth Rocks needs to have something done to balance it out. Having Stealth Rocks as the only entry hazard that benefits from type advantage for damage is simply unfair to stuff weak to rock.

lol

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
defog

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dabir posted:

That's not an evolution, though. I get the frustration, you find a cool buddy at the start of the game and you have to carry it through the entire game in its unevolved state, even though everything else reached its final form ages ago, because game freak decided the ice zone is the final level or whatever. It's sitting there, reminding you that it's not everything it could be yet.

E: And yes, I know Smogon use the simulator, but their rules get more and more arbitrary over time. They're supposed to be simulating the actual games, that's why you can't do something like putting a Dry Skin Helioptile in a BW-style perma-rain team. The actual games had a cutoff at gen 6, Smogon should have too. In fact, I reckon they should have a rolling distance cutoff - if it takes two or more transfers to get something into the game whose ruleset you're using, it's not legal.

It seems weird to be like "they're trying to emulate things you can do in the game", and then suggest an arbitrary limit

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Calling garchomp "lazy ugly" is a new tier of galaxy brain. I call it "Galaxy Brain 2".

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If something's type doesn't make sense to you assume it's a pun in Japanese

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
What if there's a regional machamp in a kilt

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
im a fat pikachu clone

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Slugma........ thank yuo.....

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
They're right, they do have similar colors.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Farecoal posted:

How come most competitive Pokemon uses double battles?

the logistics of running a singles tournament irl is a lot harder than doubles since singles can potentially take much longer

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That gorilla owns

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it doesnt help that the show revolves around some bizarro world logic, or at least used to, and moves do completely different, seemingly random things compared to their in-game analogues a lot of the time

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
cool golisopod just used a super fast teleport water attack! golisopod is pretty slow normally and also learns aqua jet, that must have been aqua jet!

[translation comes out and its apparently liquidation]

oh

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Wyvernil posted:

like Eevee and its evolutions, most of which are pretty strong for their type.

Not really

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i dont think having 5 moves would ruin the game, but i also dont think it would make it any better and it seems like a weird thing to mess with

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
A bit late but the regi thing was almost definitely just a means of selling strategy guides, it was pretty common practice at the time

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
What else was on that leak that mentioned armored mewtwo months ago

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://twitter.com/yourfavisbald2/status/1123814275502493701

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The White Dragon posted:

please give serperior a move pool that doesn't suck

oh god please no

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

oddium posted:

i haven’t watched a kids cartoon in a while but ok ko looks like the best of them

, and its made by a goon!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Geostomp posted:

If we’re talking about buffing weak types, I still want Grass to get some improvements so it can stand with Fire, at least

It's back.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
theres three cat pokemon, if you only count the johto trio

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
gen 9, pokemon hard/soft

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!