Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

notaspy posted:

Using my new found knowledge gained from Pose and then Paris is Burning - are Asia and Eureka part of the same house? Or is it like European aristocracy where you have major and minor branches of the same family with the sole connection being someone way back when?

I believe Eureka's "O'hara" comes directly from Gone with the Wind, while Asia and PhiPhi's "O'hara" comes from the drag dynasty/family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Jr. posted:

Was she really not allowed to use just red on that dress? Melissa used fake blood, if Hollow wanted to use actual period blood, that's a biohazard and I can't not see it as medical waste. If that's what she was saving tampons and poo poo in the fridge for (freezers aren't airtight), it could just be a legal thing. Hollow in general seemed to have a thing for blood, which of course I'm not a part of the LGBT community but it seems like blood stuff is kinda yikes (not trying to offend and the contestants are probably up to date on testing for HIV/AIDS, but no one said so and assumptions are dangerous). What I thought was that the transgressive angle of "look at my period clots" took a backseat to "hey remember when the government watched people die by pretending this bloodbourne pathogen didn't exist, I'll pretend that too" and it almost seemed ignorant to me.

If I'm totally wrong or stomped some toes, please let me know, but that's my reaction. I've been watching a lot of documentaries so it's fresh on my mind. :shobon:

It seems it's some FCC (or whoever the TV overlords are in the US) rule that "feminine hygiene" products not be shown with the color red on them at all. Supposedly this was why Manila Luzon wasn't allowed to wear her pad dress on AS4, which had red fabric on it.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Raere posted:

Wait, Scaredy Cat claims she’s not gay? Meaning she’s bi or is she actually straight?

She's bi.

The...erm, adult baby stuff freaks me right the hell out, but hey, I'm always happy for more bi presences in LGBT+ media.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

ICHIBAHN posted:

Remind me, is the Viviene a tory bastard or is it just baga?

I am absolutely a total novice when it comes to UK politics, but from what I remember, folks from Liverpool are generally very anti-Tory (or at the very least anti-Thatcher) due to some incident regarding mines and loving over miners? I keep seeing UK-based folks saying that it's unusual for a Scouse person to be so close to a Tory, but again, this could be total hearsay.

I'm sure (or at least I hope!) someone can either correct me or elaborate.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

ICHIBAHN posted:

I know Liverpools history ffs im in Scotland, its the same here. I just forgot which of the two was a tory

Ah, my apologies! I assumed you were a fellow ignorant American...as an ignorant American would.

Along with the Tory stuff, I do know there was some Baga quote from a few years ago regarding Somalian immigrants that was basically "I'm not saying they're all homophobic, but...they're pretty much all homophobic" with the claim that all of the homophobic encounters she has had have been with folks with Somalia. I believe she was coming to the defense of the...owner? Promoter? of G-A-Y who holds similar views. This may be what Malcom's post is referring to.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Guilty posted:

I'm pretty sure it's the owner of XXL. He's said some terrible loving things in the past, and thank God he's losing his club.

This source (although I have no idea as to how reputable it is, never heard of this site before) indicates that it's the fella at G-A-Y. The only other mention I've seen of him is that he was a huge supporter of Gia Gunn's transition fund.

I'm going to look more into the XXL owner, but a quick glance tells me that he is also a club owner with poo poo opinions, particularly towards folks he doesn't see as "masculine".

Here is the quote attributed to Baga:

quote:

As the comments poured in, cabaret artist, self proclaimed activist and regular performance judge at G-A-Y “Baga Chipz” chimed in. They stated that “crime and homophobia come’s in all creeds colours and backgrounds” but their share of homophobic abuse has “every time [been] by someone of Somalian heritage”. They noted that all Somalis are not “trouble makers and homophobic” but followed this with the question that “it must certainly stem from upbringing, Religion or culture?”.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

If any of y'all share my absolute love for Kameron Michaels, check out the WOW/Youtube series "Can Do Queens" with her and Asia O'Hara (the other robbed queen of Season 10)!

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I actually really enjoyed Kameron in the talkshow challenge as well ("Bossy Rossy"?), but I have a huge soft spot for her. I was an instant fan as soon as the Meet the Queens came out, what with her being a video game nerd, from Tennessee, AND a muscle queen. I'd say I'm surprised that the latter haven't been featured more on Drag Race (besides Jasmine Masters and her abs, of course), but...with some of Ru's/Michelle's opinions, am I really though?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Her snatch game was very much not the funniest but I thought it a pretty good crack at a recently deceased celebrity which can’t be easy to do

Agreed, but compared to the travesties that were Monique's, Vixen's, Asia's (and hell, even Cracker's) Snatch Game performances...Kameron got fairly lucky there. She wasn't BAD, but would have been much more underwhelming in a different season's Snatch Game.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I just want to see (rumored AS5 cast spoilers) Shea Coulee (and Jujubee!) on my goddamn TV again.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Shneak posted:

One of the new queen's promo looks is a goddamn GUNDAM.

Also the second San Francisco queen ever on the show! I believe Honey Mahogany was the first.

Rock M. is in the same drag...uh, collective (not sure the proper term, I don't believe they are a drag house per se) as Erika Klash from Dragula S2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

When we were watching the Meet the Queens, I mentioned to my partner "Oh, that's Aja's (former?) drag daughter"...then Dahlia opened her mouth, and he immediately looked at me and said "Trust me, you wouldn't have had to tell me that she's 'related to' Aja". They even laugh the same!