Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Please include perpetualmotionplastique.gif in one of the OPs thx

also whatever this is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

the escape goat posted:

"Thick and juicy" or something.

Side note it would be pretty fuckin' rad if big girls would stop using that as their only personality trait.

Welcome to the Nina West fan club

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Nihonniboku posted:

You from Columbus? All of my Columbus friends are freaking out that she's on the show.

I'm also super relieved that the show is on at 9PM. It gives me plenty of time to get home from work and get settled in before having to figure out making a free account with VH1.com to watch it live.

No I just fell in love with her as soon as the spoiler/reddit Nancy Drew people figured out she was on (not that hard lol "foot surgery"). She and Yvie are my early favorites because they're both outside the usual box we see on Drag Race, they don't give a gently caress about looking "fishy", and because I think they could do the most good with their title after Drag Race.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

jit bull transpile posted:

I thought a bunch of her runways were way less impressive than the judges were saying. Her mermaid look was cheap looking and poorly fitted imo, for example. She's talented and in no way illegitimate but I think her supposed domination is way oversold.

She was the best of a rather underwhelming bunch of queens tbh.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

youcallthatatwist posted:

Oh wait poo poo I forgot to ask, what's that trick ppl were using to watch each episode live

Mooch off our parents' cable account?

well that's my trick at least

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Vortex Street posted:

I am waaay disappointed in Scarlet Envy :(

That is by far the worst look I've seen from her, she must have forgotten she was supposed to be in drag and grabbed a wig off the shelf coming in.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

youcallthatatwist posted:

I don't give a poo poo what the queens say I love silky and I hope she stays. So earnest. Also she actually knows how to play a reality show lol

LMAO at Miley trying to be a wise mentor. Everyone trying to say nice things about her

Her picking up and carrying Miley around was not cute though.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

zelah posted:

Soju uh. Okay.

Tendinitis is really no excuse for throwing a roll of tulle on a tablecloth and call it a dress.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Tired Moritz posted:

i feel like I'm gonna have a stroke that there's two people in two different fashion review shows that thought of Hillary Duff when they saw ariel's entrance look.

She did quote the Lizzie McGuire movie so the reference was obvious.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Did they give the girls blurred glasses or something? I don't believe they are all illiterate.

Nihonniboku posted:

I live in DC, and while there is a lot of drag here, it seems like that it's mostly for a straight audiences. There are several weekly drag brunches, and they're all almost entirely attended by straight people. Drag bingo? Straight people. Even when they did the weekly drag show at Town (RIP), they gay crowds would start to trickle out as the masses of straight people would start to trickle in.

It's wonderful that drag has become appreciated by mainstream culture, but it still feels like gay people are being pushed out of gay spaces so that straight people can do a little cultural tourism. We've long given up on Nellie's as that has become the premiere place for bachelorette parties

This is why I appreciate that the main drag venue in Richmond VA is a limited-entry fetish club

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Shuga Cain won the runway while being the worst-looking bitch there.

That said Nina should have been at least high, her runway was great and her performance was the best imo.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Nihonniboku posted:

So what do we think is going on with Drag Race that this season is kind of lackluster so far?

I suspect that Ru and World of Wonder believe that they have a well oiled machine after over a decade at it. I think they simply gotten lazy but now have a bigger budget.

See I think this season is fantastic, the best in years, and that seems to be the general consensus of the internet fanbase.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Whalley posted:

Last episode was so bad that for the first time since I started watching drag race, I have no desire to watch the episode that's airing like right now. This season has some good queens but gently caress it honestly, I am having a hard time caring

you are missing some choice drama

BOOTYHOLE

e: Toilet tissue to the runway! Dollar Tree to the runway! Charmin to the runway!

Youth Decay fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 29, 2019

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

I cannot wait for this season's reading challenge oh my god

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

This judging is some bullshit. A'keria and Scarlet were robbed, Plastique should not be high, Vanjie should be low.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Pinwiz11 posted:

One thing I like about this season is that outside of Brooke Lynn Hytes everyone has some flaw in their game. Some of that may be editing and I fully expect some queens to come through ala S8 Naomi soon, but it's going to be vital to stay out of the bottom as they move forward because we're in a situation where anyone could go home if they LSFYL twice.

Brooke Lynn Hytes hasn't exactly killed the acting challenges tbh (her part in the Wakanda thing was terrible), also she is a skinny blonde white queen and a very vocal segment of fans have been screaming for a PoC winner now.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

ALFbrot posted:

now I just wanna see somebody vogue down the ramp and somehow pin somebody with a death drop
Let me introduce you to Sonny Kiss.
Greatest entrance ever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5dADHLEcIA
Pinning his opponent with a death drophttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vncz6HLYNE&t=590s

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

This almost redeems that look.

Also Love Connie is my S11 winner

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Eej posted:

Plastique, Yvie, Brooklyn and Akeria are my top 4 which I will tune in to watch once Silky the sexual assaulter is eliminated

AFAIK there was a single accusation on twitter against her that was quickly deleted? I don't think that's enough to write her off, particularly because I would not put it past this toxic-rear end fanbase to make poo poo up like that to smear a queen.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

resting mitch face posted:

I think that was the first time Ru cut to the chase and just said, "Shantay you both stay."

N I N A W A S B U R G L E D. I mean yeah Silky was riffing and playing off everyone well, but to me, it was just more of Silky Running Her Mouth And Being Loud As gently caress that we've been getting every episode. However, I am loving the shady edits of her looking resentful every time someone else gets praise, or smug if someone does poorly. Her dismissing Yvie's apology + admiration for the snatch game wasn't a good look at all. Unless there is some sort of miraculous self-discovery & change of heart/attitude, she does not belong in the top with that immature attitude (queue the untucked tantrum when Silky was safe). Silky is not a people's queen.
To be fair Yvie's half-apology sounded fake as gently caress and Silky didn't have the benefit of seeing the confessional where Yvie was all "no I really did feel bad".

I loved Nina but she didn't play off the other characters that we saw whereas Silky went right to bantering with Plastique's character (and actually got a laugh out of me). Ru seems to put a lot of weight on that every season.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Pellisworth posted:

as someone who completed a PhD this has actually kind of pissed me off

It's a joke. Probably at Silky's expense, because Silky is maybe not that smart (her master's is in ~leadership~ or some such bullshit and from an online college) and calling her Dr Ganache is funny to Ru.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

tote up a bags posted:

Sneak Peek is up and it's the reading challenge.
It's the worst one ever, by a loving mile. Jesus Christ you can see the pain in Ru's eyes.

Silky has made some great reads over the course of the show ("Celine Ya-gone" is a classic) but she went way too over the top here and it was awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Yvie's mirrored headpiece was spectacular.