Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Torrannor posted:

Not necessarily. HIV can be managed pretty well these days, and people on those meds can also no longer infect others.

It's the bacterial diseases like gonorrhea or syphilis that are currently in the process of becoming immune to all our antibiotics that would run amok in the populace.

if someone told me they had HIV but it was medicated and not transferable i still wouldn't have sex with them unless i had Magic Johnson money to go with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

I’d be surprised if the rates of unwanted pregnancy didn’t go down if a male chewable once a month pill gets made for free.

AIDS would skyrocket though.

PrEP is a thing now and recommended for persons in high-risk exposure groups. I don't think incidence of any one STI will go up. If anything I would expect HPV incidence to go up since it's more common and males are only carriers.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Y’all have too much faith in humanity.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I have faith in statistically sound epidemiology studies.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Aren't those pills like Prep also hilariously expensive?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

EBB posted:

I have faith in statistically sound epidemiology studies.

Fake news.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

quote:

In British Columbia, PrEP is available through the BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS (BC-CfE) Drug Treatment Program at no cost to qualifying patients deemed clinically at risk of HIV infection. 

Come on dudes you can do it too

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Eej posted:

now do it for the US.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

I’d be surprised if the rates of unwanted pregnancy didn’t go down if a male chewable once a month pill gets made for free.

AIDS would skyrocket though.

Its called PrEP bitch.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Nah in NYC the city's sexual health clinics apparently will get you started on a script for free. Eventually they help you get setup w medicaid so you can get it normally or so im told. I'm gonna go see em about it tomorrow matter of fact.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

colachute posted:

if someone told me they had HIV but it was medicated and not transferable i still wouldn't have sex with them unless i had Magic Johnson money to go with it

What if she's really hot AND you are on PrEP?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Eej posted:

Even at the most cynical level, it's an obvious case of public spending more than paying for itself. But since cruelty towards the at-risk demographic is the point for a lot of the country, yeah...

Viva Miriya posted:

Nah in NYC the city's sexual health clinics apparently will get you started on a script for free. Eventually they help you get setup w medicaid so you can get it normally or so im told. I'm gonna go see em about it tomorrow matter of fact.

On the other hand, we are a ~nation of contrasts~

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Viva Miriya posted:

Its called PrEP bitch.

Ok sexually diseases will skyrocket. Herpes for everyone!

Human nature isn’t about self preservation. gently caress you, got mine, bust a nut and repeat.

Wrap it up folks. Your junk is too important to risk on some strange.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Ok sexually diseases will skyrocket. Herpes for everyone!

Human nature isn’t about self preservation. gently caress you, got mine, bust a nut and repeat.

How do you feel about the statement, "Condom education leads to increased promiscuity and pregnancy rates in teens."?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

LingcodKilla posted:

Thanks for valuing my junk.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

EBB posted:

How do you feel about the statement, "Condom education leads to increased promiscuity and pregnancy rates in teens."?

I mean, learning how to use your equipment more effectively means it's gonna get used more often.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

EBB posted:

Kids are gonna gently caress no matter what.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

EBB posted:

That's not really the same thing. Proper condom use will prevent pregnancy no matter how many times you bone down, but in this scenario you'd have dudes who may have undiagnosed STIs thinking they don't have to wrap their junk as long as they take the pill.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

That's not really the same thing. Proper condom use will prevent pregnancy no matter how many times you bone down, but in this scenario you'd have dudes who may have undiagnosed STIs thinking they don't have to wrap their junk as long as they take the pill.

Exactly but I didn’t think I had to spell it out.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
ITT the pill for women is good but for men it’s bad?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BigDave posted:

I mean, learning how to use your equipment more effectively means it's gonna get used more often.

And abstinence only sex ed doe nothing to stop it. Know what does stop unwanted pregnancies? Safe Sex ed.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

ITT the pill for women is good but for men it’s bad?

Lol trusting a man to take a pill daily and to not knock you up.

Seriously dude.

Sex Ed and condoms all the way.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I mean, I know plenty of stories of people who do cycle planning and pull out method to avoid making babies and they do just fine.

I also know I'm incompetent and I'll screw it up so I'll stick with the condoms.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

dscruffy1 posted:

I mean, I know plenty of stories of people who do cycle planning and pull out method to avoid making babies and they do just fine.

I also know I'm incompetent and I'll screw it up so I'll stick with the condoms.

Cycle planning doesn’t sound like high risk sex for STDs.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

CommieGIR posted:

And abstinence only sex ed doe nothing to stop it. Know what does stop unwanted pregnancies? Safe Sex ed.

Absolutely correct, it's like firearm safety training.

Better to know how to use it and use it effectively, rather then guess and shoot off someones toe.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have a hard enough time keeping track of what goddamn day it is under normal circumstances. There's absolutely no way I'm going to trust myself to do any sort of mental gymnastics involving my dick at any time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

in like a lion, out like a shart