Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

pfft, alcohol is for pussies. HTFU like these birbs.

Opium-Addicted Parrots Keep Raiding Poppy Farms in India

Poppy farmers are being forced to guard their crops against the drug-addled birds, who get high off the narcotic effects of the plant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Milo and POTUS posted:

Lol if you don't drink anything put in front of you

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Birds after my own heart

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

shame on an IGA posted:

There are more benjamins in circulation in the world than there are singles. This certainly does not imply anything about the state of wealth inequality.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/27/the...taboolainternal

oh I read this a while back, it's probably eurasian steppe kleptocrats.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Current event: SpaceX just launched their first manned crew demo rocket, destination ISS. Also the first stage successfully landed on the drone ship in the Atlantic. All in all pretty cool.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wow gently caress ice

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/feb/22/farmington-university-immigration-sting-students

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Untagged posted:

Current event: SpaceX just launched their first manned crew demo rocket, destination ISS. Also the first stage successfully landed on the drone ship in the Atlantic. All in all pretty cool.

It's a good thing Elon mainly leaves SpaceX alone

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Handsome Ralph posted:

Umm excuse me, if Narragansett is good enough for Quint then it's good enough for me.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Umm excuse me, if Narragansett is good enough for Quint then it's good enough for me.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

The Succ Dems, angered at having their lukewarm centrism disturbed by these liberal whipper snappers who are breathing new life into the party, are warning that we are doomed unless we elect more lukewarm centrists.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

From reading the article, it sounds like this is they're worried about :

quote:

That appears to be at least somewhat borne out by the midterms, when less-ideological candidates often won when facing purist opponents. Thirty-three of the 40 GOP seats that Democrats picked up were won by candidates who had been endorsed by the moderate NewDem PAC.

. . .

“People would be wise to remember that, by definition, we have the House majority because people flipped seats from red to blue,” said Tyler Law, a Democratic consultant who helped direct the party’s communications efforts in 2018. “Seats that went from blue to blue did not deliver the majority.”

The Dem coalition contains a pretty wide swath of the political spectrum, while Republicans have distilled themselves into a seething mass of death cultist conservatives. I think it places them at an extreme disadvantage in national elections because you need compelling liberal policies to motivate your voters on a state (not district) level; however, those liberal policies require unified control of government, and messaging them the wrong way puts the majority at risk.

Meanwhile, conservatives can just rally behind putting immigrants in concentration camps and ignoring global warming and that's more than enough to win gerrymandered districts and the minority of voters that control the majority of the electoral college.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
They helped put us in the situation our nation is in by constantly folding to the GOP, maybe the new reps and their "stop caving in" idea have some legs

Not every dem can campaign the same based on constituency, but trying to stifle the new reps that generated a lot of energy seems muy dumb

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1101837499230498816
This is ... just flagrantly illegal, right?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

They helped put us in the situation our nation is in by constantly folding to the GOP, maybe the new reps and their "stop caving in" idea have some legs

Not every dem can campaign the same based on constituency, but trying to stifle the new reps that generated a lot of energy seems muy dumb

I agree. I don't think the party has done anything to address either of the issues, like setting a unified platform and finding a way to sell it to people in both camps.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Unfortunately seems they want to stay the course and try and win over that mythical reluctant Trump voter, so we'll see how this turns out. I guess a lot of the establishment Dems aren't too worried, since they're old

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/dril/status/841892608788041732

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Pretty sure it is, but it does make me wonder. After all the mess he's made, does he think the people that like him now are the kind of people that can afford to go to his properties?

He also has never made a profit on that golf course, he's lost millions every year since he bought it (cue the world's tiniest violin).

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

We’ve got ol’ dondal tromp this time lads

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
remember how carter, a fifth generation peanut farmer, had to sell his family peanut farm because the people were concerned about him being in the pocket of...big peanut

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

obligatory Nixon/Frost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMt8qCl5fPk

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Vasudus posted:

remember how carter, a fifth generation peanut farmer, had to sell his family peanut farm because the people were concerned about him being in the pocket of...big peanut

I'm stealing this for a facebook post to make me seem like I haven't lost my deep understanding of contemporary political commentary between like 126 Chili-posts over the last two years.

/edit:

Speaking of chili posts:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 2, 2019

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
there was also great concern that jfk would answer to the vatican because he was catholic

this concern still existed in the obama era because of biden

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

there was also great concern that jfk would answer to the vatican because he was catholic

this concern still existed in the obama era because of biden

But was overshadowed because Obama was a secret Muslim Kenyan.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Chaser:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1101867421428674561

:sad:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/notch/status/11...ingawful.com%2F

lmao

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

:laffo:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
https://www.businessinsider.com/absher-google-refuses-to-remove-saudi-govt-app-that-tracks-women-2019-3

quote:

Google, siding with Saudi Arabia, refuses to remove widely-criticized government app which lets men track women and control their travel:

Google has declined to remove from its app store a Saudi government app which lets men track women and control where they travel, on the grounds that it meets all their terms and conditions.

Google reviewed the app — called Absher — and concluded that it does not violate any agreements, and can therefore remain on the Google Play store.

The decision was communicated by Google to the office of Rep. Jackie Speier, a California Democrat who, with other members of Congress, wrote last week to demand they remove the service.

Google did not respond to a request for comment on the decision.

Click on the article for pictures of the app and good christ

Lol

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Oh Fox News. Ok

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hey Jackie, how about you stop worrying about our worst ally and start fixing poo poo here in the bay before we primary your rear end.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Hannity may have bought himself a subpoena

quote:

A member of House Democratic leadership says it may be time to hear from Fox News host Sean Hannity -- under oath.

Rhode Island Rep. David Cicilline, who chairs the Democratic Policy and Communications Committee, said that Hannity's latest comments suggest he has information about hush money payments made by Trump's former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, to keep the then-presidential candidate's alleged extramarital affairs quiet in the days before the 2016 election. Trump later reimbursed Cohen for those payments.

"Sean Hannity volunteered first-hand knowledge about Michael Cohen's actions last night," Cicilline spokesman Francis Grubar told CNN. "If he was lying, it wouldn't be the first time. This is the same guy who claimed inside knowledge that Russia didn't hack the DNC until a federal judge ordered him to stop. Regardless, if he feels he has information that's relevant to this investigation, he should share it under oath before Congress."

On his television program Thursday night, Hannity told Trump that Cohen told him "at least a dozen times" that "he made the decision on the payments -- and he didn't tell you."

"He told me that personally," Hannity said to Trump.

The comment prompted Cicilline -- a member of the influential House Judiciary Committee -- to tweet Thursday: "Sean Hannity is now volunteering himself as a witness. I look forward to his testimony."

Whether Democrats ultimately call Hannity into testify is far from clear. But asked to clarify his intentions Friday, the Cicilline spokesman said that Cicilline does indeed believe that Hannity should testify over his knowledge about the hush-money scheme, which House Democrats plan to continue investigating as part of their probe into potential criminal activity involving the President.

A Fox spokesperson could not be immediately reached for comment.

Hannity has been in an awkward situation since a court proceeding revealed that the conservative commentator was one of Cohen's clients. Hannity later denied he was a client, saying he never paid Cohen for legal services and only had brief discussions about real estate-related matters -- something Hannity reiterated on Thursday.

"I was dragged into the Michael Cohen issue," Hannity said on his show. "I interviewed him many times on TV. He was never my attorney. He did apologize to me for his attorney saying that in court."

Cohen's guilty plea last year implicated Trump in two federal crimes, alleging that then-presidential candidate directed Cohen to make the payments to keep the extramarital affair allegations silent in the days before the 2016 election. On Wednesday, Cohen provided the House Oversight Committee with a check signed by Trump from his personal bank account to show that the President reimbursed him for the payments while in office.

"The President of the United States thus wrote a personal check for the payment of hush money as part of a criminal scheme to violate campaign finance laws," Cohen said in his testimony.

Talking to Hannity on Thursday, Trump pinned the blame on his former attorney for the payment scheme, even though a recording obtained by CNN last year reveals Trump discussing the payments with Cohen.

"He did and he made the decision," Trump said to Hannity. "Remember this, he's an attorney -- whatever decision he makes, you're supposed to rely on your attorney to make a decision." Trump added: "It's called reliance."

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Of loving course

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Of loving course

This is my surprised face

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Of loving course

idgi

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

notch made minecraft

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Syrian Lannister posted:

Hannity may have bought himself a subpoena

Lying to Congress is barely a crime so being under oath hardly matters. That piece of slime is not going to repent until he get serious law enforcement on his case.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

notch made minecraft

So. . . Q's biggest followers are all too young to vote?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

That is some cartoonishly evil poo poo :stare:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Billionaire manchild incel nutjob with serious issues relating to people.

Except for that first adjective, I repeated myself a lot.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

https://www.thisisinsider.com/sacramento-police-officers-wont-face-stephon-clark-charges-2019-3

The Sacramento cops who shot a black vandalism suspect armed with a cell phone 20 times will, wait for it...not face charges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

maffew buildings posted:

https://www.thisisinsider.com/sacramento-police-officers-wont-face-stephon-clark-charges-2019-3

The Sacramento cops who shot a black vandalism suspect armed with a cell phone 20 times will, wait for it...not face charges

Not going to read beyond the headline, because I'm sure they were cleared after an internal review.

Support the Thin Blue Line RIP Chris Kyle Trump 2020 Gadsden Flag.