Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

How the heck did this wet-behind-the-ears loser become a Cardinal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

ZiegeDame posted:

Probably a blood relative of the Pope.

That is the precedent, isn't it. Okay, Cardinal Traitor McPrettyboy, you're approved, move along.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

I'm hoping Karin cheers the heck up. She's kind of a gloomy Gustava and so far every line she's had is either her being confused or thinking Amon/Yuri is surprisingly gentle.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

...! posted:

What do you think Karin is?

Kind of a boring space-case who has a well-worn copy of the 1914 equivalent of The Shape of Water?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

I'm looking forward to Yuri giving Nicolai a swirlie.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Shitenshi posted:

Though Nicolai being slated to be the actual protag of this game while it was being developed and the writers caving into subsequent fan pressure to bring Yuri back when the first screenshots were dropped should make this guy's real affiliations suspect as soon as you get him. I don't think he even has a profile in the instruction manual.

So that's where his resentment of Yuri for being the real hero comes from. How meta.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

megane posted:

Is... nobody going to mention the weird, apparently-alive little girl puppet Gepetto is carrying around

Here in Shadow Hearts: Covenant we deal with our weird poo poo one at a time. The puppet girl isn't immediately pressing, therefore it can wait.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

I'm pretty sure a scrub is a guy who can't get no love from me; hanging out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, trying to holler at me.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

WOLF BOUT :black101:
TWO WOLVES ENTER!
TWO WOLVES LEAVE!
BUT ONE FEELS BAD ABOUT IT!
WOLF BOUT! :torgue:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

HE'S HERE! THE GOOD BOY IS HERE! GET HYPE! :woop:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Really don't think the Mayor thought attacking Yuri and friends through: He and his gang weren't strong enough to beat Joachim, the new group WAS strong enough to beat Joachim, so of course that group is going to be strong enough to beat HIM.

And now the mayor is going to war with the super-powers team up of the guy that kicked his rear end and the guys that kicked that guy's rear end and his rear end. He's just not very good at this tactics stuff.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

I appreciate that the boss of a wine cellar is Earth element. Feel the terroir!

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

'Sweet Chin Music' Masaji is back from the dead!

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

DeTosh posted:

Yeah, my first thought was "Dracula?" I still can't believe that's part of his uniform.

Uniform? Dude's a diplomat. He legit dresses like this on purpose.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Oh god, the straw thing. I suddenly remember why I hated this quest.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I like this game a lot. I've played it through at least three or four times. But I don't remember a single thing about this dungeon. Even the boss is a big blank.

Yeah, this seems like a huge missed opportunity to do a cool Industrial Revolution ghost story. I think that's what they planned on doing, what with the setup and the killer boss design, but when the crunch came this was the least important plot beat and they didn't have the time or budget to make it decent.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Joachim just wants to be a stripper. Poor Joachim.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Oh god, that screenshot awakens ancient memories, long thought dead. This is gonna be pretty fun.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Well, they are clearly too competent to work for SG.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Man, this feels like the Dungeon of Wasted Opportunity. This is the least interesting possible interpretation of a Mirror Palace in your mind dungeon. Couldn't even be bothered to make a Nightmare Karin miniboss fight. Give her some character development, y'know?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

EggsAisle posted:

If Yuri can't read Russian, how was he able to read the Russian ghost's doom diary? I guess we have to imply that Anastasia was translating.

Yuri can totally read Russian. He is causing problems on purpose.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Nohman posted:

I feel like those morons just went to bed right after the last scene they were in and it will take a week to notice the flying castle business.

And why not? Anastasia's on it, and she handled the last crisis with flying colors. They're in good (12-year-old) hands.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

If all the dresses were like that dragon dress, Corneila would be a lot more tolerable.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Zagglezig posted:

Now, is Nicolai going to get experimented on a la Kowloon guy, or is he gonna be allowed to make a plan...D?

Really? Given how far he's gotten thinking with his plan D? He should give it a rest.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Shitenshi posted:

The real question here is not how Kurando can beat armed gunmen with only a blade, but whether in the inevitable weeb contest with Karin, will it be the European sword or the Japanese katana that will prove superior?

They kiss. Sorry, Yuri.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Anime Reference posted:

How is it that so many people keep learning what the Emigre Manuscript is, where to find it, and how to use it, but never why using it is a terrible idea? Are all of them like "yeah that guy hosed up, but I'll be the one to get it right!"?

"I never thought my dead wife would eat my face!", sobs man who read the Dead Wives Eating People's Faces book.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Tsukoyomi is also notable for the bizzare story of why there is night and day.

Mythopedia posted:

The Death of Uke Mochi
Uke Mochi, the goddess of food, held a great feast. Though she was invited, Amaterasu was unable to attend and thus sent her consort, Tsukuyomi, in her stead. He watched as Uke Mochi began to create the feast, but found her methods to be incredibly repulsive. She spit fish, rice, and deer from her mouth before pulling food out of her other orifices. Tsukuyomi was so horrified by her actions that he killed her then and there.

When word reached Amaterasu, she was horrified and labeled her husband an evil kami, unworthy of returning to the Heavens. This separation of Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu was the origin of day and night. For all eternity, Tsukuyomi will continue to pursue Amaterasu across the night sky without ever reaching her; even during an eclipse, the sun will run from the moon.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Literally the only good idea Kato has had since the end of the last game was buying that cape, wasn't it.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Aw, couldn't we have a dog with eyebrows?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Congratulations! That is the single most successful ressurection using the Emigre Manuscript yet! Almost five seconds of lucid sapience, and no monsterization! I say this calls for champagne all around!

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

GET HYPE FOR THE MAN FESTIVAL! A FESTIVAL OF MAN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Thanks for everything, Id.