Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

quote:

VASQUEZ: I've been waiting, this is what you guys do.
KRAMER: He's taken off.
GORMAN: We're gonna get you inside, let 'em out!

Well now I want to see what happens when the characters from Seinfeld are the ones crewing the Nostromo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

I want to see that as a series of still frames during the end credits.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Oscar Wild posted:

Yrear end Queen!

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Holy poo poo....

I'm sort of Buddhist. This could be up on my shrine.

edit:

Alien Xenomorph Buddha | Carbon Mist

Find your centre and burst out through its chest.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Well that's absolutely delightful.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

I made a parody end-credits video about ‘Aliens several years ago.

https://youtu.be/20wsNqmTPxI

This is absolutely amazing.

I always thought the end credits for Predator were wildly inappropriate but this, on the other hand, is delightful in every way.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Snailien.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

As Nero Danced posted:

Doing my quarterly re-watching of the series, I just realized they never saved the hamster in Hadley's Hope. It was still in its cage when the colony went kablooey :(.

Hamster Huey and the Gooey Kablooie.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

In the process of thinking about Aliens I remembered that for some insane reason my parents thought it was perfectly OK to let me watch the first three movies over a weekend when I was all of nine years old. It took a few years for me to stop looking behind the towels for facehuggers every time I went into the bathroom, as I recall.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Sunswipe posted:

It's weird that I saw Aliens at around that age and had no problems with it. Listening to Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds on the other hand... Couldn't attend a fireworks display for years afterwards without thinking "If the Martians landed tonight, no one would notice." Shat me right up.

Oh poo poo, same age, that loving record and the art in the book that came with it, scared the bejesus out of me. Something about how the red weed looked like masses of flesh piled about the countryside and the noise the Martians made absolutely terrified me and low-key still does! When that movie they made of it with Tom Cruise came out a few years ago and there were commercials for it on TV I'd have to leave the room.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

A friend of mine got an orange kitten for his daughter a year or so ago and they named him Jonesy. I should take a picture the next time we visit. This is the friend I got rad Alien gifts for for a few years, such as little metal statues of the Alien and these amazing drawings of the Alien and the Predator done in the style of Haida artwork.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

Still thinkin’ about Aliens, as I finished painting all the models for the Fate of the Nostromo game :)

These are fabulous but....where's Jonesy?

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

Cross post from the GIF thread:

This is amazing.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Dial A For Awesome posted:

Am enjoying Dark Descent. Currently my medic has developed a fear of blood, another marine has paranoia and becomes stressed when deployed with other marines (i.e. every mission) and my sergeant becomes very upset when he sees aliens. I also chuckled on the very first mission when I saw the negative traits my marines started with, including cowardice, bad luck and being clumsy. Clearly the marine corps is not sending their best.

To be fair, I think most of us would become very upset if we saw aliens.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

This is fabulous.

Imagine how tiny the chestbursters would be!

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Is there an upper / lower limit to the size of a host? Like, I'm sure there would be logistical problems if a facehugger tried ovipositing in an elephant or something, wouldn't there?

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

The queen found and figured out how to work the elevator, knew where to get off, found the dropship, recognized that it was something she could use to follow Ripley and Newt, and managed to hide herself on it.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Hah, this was the first PlayStation game we got when we got one. It was basically Doom but with the alien.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

P is for Perfect Organism.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I'm telling ya Burke, what we gotta do, what we gotta do is get back to the ship, take off -vvvvvtt- and just nuke the whole site from orbit the whole thing, just... whistles, mimicking a falling bomb, ka-BOOM, ya know? That's the only way to be sure, baby.

I want this so badly now.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Robert Facepalmer posted:

'Dangit Bishop, you know I got a narrow ovipositor...'

'RightriiiiiightrightrightrightRIGHTrightRightRightrightrightright, man' -Bretthower

Peggy Hill's thing where she says "Believe me, I prayed on it, Hank, and God said to me, "Don't do it. " But you know what? I knew better." does a remarkably good job of encapsulating the Alien franchise as a whole.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Small Strange Bird posted:

Bing usually won't let you create AI images using real people, but it was for a while perfectly happy to let you inflict any indignity you liked upon George Costanza.

It was supposed to be the Summer of George!

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Can't trust anyone.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

This movie was fairly serviceable and does exactly what you'd think it does. There's also a lot of shirtless Stephen Dorff, if one is so inclined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

Doctor Zero posted:

I made this for today. yeah, yeah it's AI but I worked it in photoshop for a couple of hours, and my artistic talent would produce stick figures, so...

OK, I laughed at this really hard - on the bus, even! - and immediately sent it to a friend who often thinks about Aliens (the movie).