Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

agrielaios posted:

Think about Predator. Did not expect the 2010 film to be alright but was proven wrong.

"The Predator" is to "Predator" as "Alien versus Predator" is to "Allen"

"Predators" is alright though, you're not wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

loving hell, I am lol'ing at the UK serial killer suggestions

Just found Alien - Director's cut is available on Sky - got it downloading now. To my shame I've seen Aliens and Alien 3 directors cuts, but never the original...

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

We did it with sharp pencils but I can't remember what we called it

Lotta folk running round my home town with lead still embedded in their hand

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Any good?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Is there test footage of the monkey in the original Predator costume? Why they thought that'd be a good idea...

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

mllaneza posted:

This looks somewhat Alien-adjacent. It's a chapter from Bram Stoker's Dracula,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR2uDt3z0S0

You're not wrong. Strong Alien vibes from this. Looks great

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I went to the dentist this week, and he said I'm grinding my teeth, so I got this translucent mouthguard that I put in hot water then molded to my teeth

It's all set to now as a weird inverse copy of my teeth and I find it very unsettling to look at. It reminds me so much of the xenomorph's mouth

I can't get a good photo as it's translucent, but trust me, it's creeping me out

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Leafing through the Aliens - The Set Photography book I picked up cheap a while back and goddamn it drives home how much it is a perfect film

So yeah, thinking about Aliens

(I am also now thinking about buying this shirt:
https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/28228877-peace-through-superior-firepower-aliens
)

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Cowslips Warren posted:

Anyone else remember the comic about the xeno homeworld, and how they are not the apex life form? As in there's another species that takes them down and no, it's not the Predator. Think about it: a natural predator of the xeno that can actually gently caress it up.

I vaguely remember this. The other species was kinda pale pink and boring and featureless, versus the dark, biomechanical intricacies of the xeno. That's about all I can remember

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I'd been watching some Folding Ideas videos and for shits and giggles I went right to the start of his channel. This is one of the videos from his early days

This blew my mind - I can't believe I never noticed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmOateL3ohI

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

In my own personal opinion a blooper is something that wasn't supposed to be there

Even if this was an accident during a take, it feels like it was intentionally left in. I wonder if Ridley Scott has ever spoken about it. Is it mentioned on the commentary (I've never watched the Alien one), does anyone know?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Thanks for checking!

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Real "getting the band back together" vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Pets..?

I'd be screaming my loving head off