Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I don't read any DC, but have heard enough people on these forums talk about the Injustice comics and seen it posted in the badass thread.

https://www.amazon.com/Injustice-Go...ASIN=1401262791

I've been tracking this trade on CamelCamelCamel for a while, and it's reached the cheapest price. My question is if this is the version with the coloring that was fixed up and stopped things like Batman's weird mouth and other art errors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

If you find a good guide, please share it here. I'm going to try to sell the majority of my collection in the future, and I'm going to be in your boat too. Right now I'm selling another unfortunate collection first.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I did not get it for my Marvel account, but I did for another Disney account (movie rewards).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

A Strange Aeon posted:

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/annotations/hellboy-reading-order-2019/

I own Hellboy Library Editions 1 and 3 and I need to add some stuff to my Christmas list. This reading list is a bit complicated to me, but is it the case that the Library Editions contain everything that would be in the omnibuses? Like, the first omnibus mentions two volumes of short stories--are those included in the Library Editions?

Basically, if I ask for the other Library Editions, is that all the Hellboy material? Or would it be missing certain core Hellboy stuff that the omnibuses contain?

I've just finished Library book 4, and it's got most of it. I did have to buy one store out of Library format, and it doesn't have BRPD. Here's the read guide I'm using:

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/annotations/hellboy-reading-order-2019/

I have Year 1 in my pile to read (I never read DC stuff otherwise), so what's the catch here?

IUG fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 2, 2019

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Nothing to see here, this was the wrong thread to ask.

IUG fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 29, 2019

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Just bumping this, in case anyone has one or has seen out out in the wild recently.

I just put it in my list of comics for Wednesday so I can remember to look for it at my shop.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Gripweed posted:

so I guess if I'm gonna keep going with it I need to find a reading order chart.

Here you go:
http://www.multiversitycomics.com/annotations/hellboy-reading-order-2018/

I'm doing the same, but with the Library editions. I'm up to where BRPD starts.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Speaking of Omnis not collecting enough, does anyone know if there's any update on Atomic Robo? I've been reading the collections that have 3 trades in them. They have Vol 1, 2, 3, which have 1-3, 4-6, and 7-9. But it seems that there's trades volume 10-12 out. I'd rather get a Omni volume 4 if one is happening, but going by the Wikipedia release dates, it should have happened by now it seems. Does anyone know anything about this series?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

I thought it was the other way around: Thunderbird couldn't fly, and then one day someone suggested to Warpath that maybe he can fly even though his brother couldn't, so he tried and could.

So basically:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAZBKCq6dpk&t=66s

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Piracy is what got me into buying physical comics in the first place. I heard about Civil War, and thought it was interesting for Captain America to say no to the government. My last comics before that were the adaptations of the '92 X-Men cartoon. I read that whole series and the spinoffs illegally. I really liked this character called "Deadpool" from the Cable & Deadpool tie-in, and went out and bought those issues. Then I bought Deadpool's first appearance for like $10 bucks. Eventually I tracked down and bought the Civil War books and main tie-ins. Now I'm buying probably around $100-200 a month from my shop.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I noticed the icon was faded this morning on the index. Looks like they're closing it (there's a pinned topic there).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rhyno posted:

That's excellent. EDIT: NOT THE THREAD, THAT IT'S CLOSING HOLY poo poo I AM NOT ANTI TRANS

So as some have noticed, I received two successive angry text avatars recently. Both times filled with homophobic slurs and hate speech. Now I don't even care a little about a red text avatar so long as it's funny or fitting. But being able to saddle someone with a hate speech text should no longer be allowable. That era of this site is long past. Again, I don't care of someone hits me with a "SHUT UP IDIOT" text. But the two I was given were absolutely hate speech and that poo poo doesn't fly anymore. Who do we approach about overhauling the custom text system. Either hate speech is no longer allowed or the system is changed so the buyer's info is sent to the the person they buy it for.

Lowtax had a big thread about "what do you want to see changed in the forums?". It was open for like a month, and the end result was there's a bit more space at the bottom of the page between the buttons for numbers to vote.

He's also got a huge family thing going on, to put it mildly. We aren't seeing any code changes for a good long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Why post a screenshot of a tweet/link?

Linking to a tweet lets Twitter know it's being looked at, and might boost it in people's timelines. That's the excuse I see in the USPOL threads when they don't want to promote lovely articles.