Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

We should go to annual threads maybe?

Says the guy who brought up the idea for monthly threads three years ago.

Rhyno posted:

What about a new thread every 100 pages?

So now you want them biennially? Make up your mind!

I think quarterly is a good compromise. That way the OP doesn't get too stale and we don't end up with pages and pages of old rear end posts nobody cares about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Endless Mike posted:

I'm annoyed quarters will end May, August, and November, and February/

We'll do a special one shot for Christmas to get us back on schedule. That's another new #1!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The first volume of of Renew Your Vows was set in a Battleworld Zone ruled by The Regent as part of Secret Wars. I never picked up the series that sprung from that but I'd imagine it was somewhat different.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

Teresa is from an OGN by Mark Waid titled Family Business, she's not actually related to him, she was brainwashed by Kingpin into thinking so in order to find Peter Parker's parents secret spy base (his parents were spies, I think that's from the 70's or something)

She is actually related to him. Maybe you didn't read the last pages of the OGN. Zdarsky's series followed up on that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Madkal posted:

Quick question about 90's Spiderman. Was every Spiderman storyline in the early to mid 90's Clone Saga related?

No, in fact some involved a stupid amount of symbiotes!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Endless Mike posted:

Thor wasn't part of that trend because he had gotten his '90s makeover a few years earlier.

Check out that two-fingered glove!

That is Thunderstrike! Not Thor!

Thor's bad 90s costume was his own, not some pretender!

X-O fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 7, 2019

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

I'm not gonna defend the Clone Saga, but try reading Jacket Avengers if you want to see how much worse a formerly good Marvel comic could have gotten.

The Crossing era Avengers is worse.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

I dunno, I can kinda tell what's going on in The Crossing by looking at the images and reading the words. That's more than I can say for most of the Jacket Avengers era. Those comics seriously made me feel like I was having a fever dream. And I mean that in the worst way possible, I'm talking 105 degree fever convinced the ceiling fan is gonna kill you.

This looks more like fever dream to me than Black Knight in a bomber jacket.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno's leaving part of his dirty shame out. He not only owned all the singles but at least at one time also said he owned TWO copies of all the trades.

We should force him to at all times wear a scarlet hoodie with a giant C on it.

X-O fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 9, 2019

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well she usually fights with it by wrapping it around people and pulling things. So I think that's clearly what they're going for there.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I mean, regardless of what you thought of him before Spencer's Spider-Man is pretty great so far and actually goes back and addresses most everything that people bitched about for years with Slott's Spider-Man.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

Does he have a college degree again yet?

Nope, he doesn't have time for the classes and because he has apprehensions about working with Curt Conners.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is Curt like, re-decent again? I seem to recall him devouring his son

Curt is kind of in a Professor Hulk mode in that he he's aware all the time. And his family is full on lizards now after the events of Clone Conspiracy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There was a mini series that re-did the Clone Saga in six issues by DeFalco and Mackie. It's the much better version.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There's not many of us here comparatively to some other forums but I'd hate to lose this community and have to start over on some other site with a bunch of weirdo strangers. I have some resources at my disposal so I might work on something for us if it gets to that kind of point.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's something we use extensively at work. I thought mostly it was a business platform.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

JLA and DC One Million are some of the only things I can think of off the top of my head that I really like by Morrison. I'm just not a Morrison fan. I like All Star Superman in a different way. It's a great love letter to Superman history but it's not something I think of immediately as an all time great Superman story.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

As someone that ha never read it or even heard any kind of opinion on it my takeaway from that tweet is that Seaguy is without a doubt the worst Morrison book.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm not reading Doomsday Clock, hate forums signatures, and I didn't read Multiversity but those other two, um no comment?

I'm just saying, yes Wizard was bad but I really wish I still had every issue of it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

JordanKai posted:

Tom King is going to get killed by Swamp Thing.

What about Tom Taylor though?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

At least after cleaning up after Beyonder I would think Peter was better prepared for Annihilus.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I got into comics because my older cousin gave me his old ones. But I started getting my own off an end cap rack at Walgreens near my house. The only other way I knew to buy comics as a kid was through the ads in the books themselves for mail away stores. I didn't know about comic shops when I first started getting into it.

That being said the solution isn't putting the end cap rack back at every Walgreens. The solution is digital comics that anyone can buy on any device. A lot of the kids that would have the resources to go to retail store and buy off the rack also have access to a device they can read comics on now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I got 12 calls from Sierra Leone last night. I'm about to fly there and have some words with someone.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Speaking of Millar, X-O, in case you don't see what I asked in my thread:

Does a book being way out of print, with no realistic chance of it ever being re-released, affect the piracy rule any? There's no actual legal way to buy The Unfunnies and it's probably never resurfacing, given Millar's not exactly proud of having written it.

No, we're still not posting full or near full issues on this forum. Being out of print doesn't mean it's public domain. You can use panels and pages to illustrate points in your thread up to a certain point. If you're doing a read along in the thread or whatever I have faith the people can find their own copies somehow.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Complaining about horizontal panels is legit one of the stupidest takes I've heard about comics in a long time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I mean just look at how horizontal this monstrosity is. No more of this kind of comic booking please.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gripweed posted:

Have they done a story where the Punisher makes Punisher robots to kill all the criminals?

But then he can't do it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, gonna have to agree on the no memes thing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I mean it's going to be this. Even if it's not what he wanted it will be.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Just an FYI for people that maybe don't follow the indie comics thread, if you're in that small overlap of people that still read The Walking Dead and actually buy physical comics you might want to get to your shop early tomorrow. I don't think there's many here that read it, and probably fewer still that actually go to shops, but it's going to be in pretty huge demand I expect.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

Did the aliens finally show up?

Could be! None of the actual contents of the book have been leaked yet, just the ending editorial and that it's the surprise 70+ page final issue of the series.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm sad that after issue #100 that Tom Waltz is stepping down as writer of the awesome TMNT comics. But it eases the pain that Sophie Campbell is taking over as both writer and artist. Also the design of Jennika, the new Turtle is sick.

https://twitter.com/mooncalfe1/status/1148755535585525760

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Soonmot posted:

I feel it's important to point out that it's not a blue lives matter book since it's over a decade too early for that.

It came out in 1992, so add another decade.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I'm not saying it's right, but didn't they make him a "Disney Legend" last year?

Yeah. Disney Legend isn't just a describer it's an actual thing. It's like their Hall of Fame they do at D23 every two years. Jack Kirby was inducted at the last one with his son accepting the award. Robert Downey Jr, Ming Na Wen, and Jon Favreau among others got in this year.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I also got the email earlier this week.

EDIT: Actually nine days ago.

quote:

Important Update About Your Marvel Account

Hello,

We wanted to let you know of some upcoming changes to the way you access your Marvel account.

Starting on 8/27/2019, you will no longer be able to log in to Marvel sites and apps using your username ******** - this includes accessing:

Marvel.com
Marvel Insider
Marvel Unlimited - App and Web
Marvel Comics App
Marvel Digital Comic Shop
Marvel Print Subscriptions

To access your Marvel account beginning on 8/27/2019 you will need to login by using the email address associated with your account, ********@gmail.com.

Additionally, your Marvel account will now be part of The Walt Disney Company login system. This will allow you to use your Marvel account across multiple Disney sites and apps including: Star Wars, ESPN, ABC and more.

Since your Marvel account email is already associated with an existing ESPN account, starting on 8/27/2019 you will login to your Marvel account using the same email/password as your ESPN account credentials.

Please note any subscriptions, purchases, or preferences associated with your account will not be affected by this transition.

Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions at OnlineSupport@marvel.com.

Best,
Marvel Support Team

X-O fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 1, 2019

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Endless Mike posted:

If you're not getting Chip Zdarsky's newsletter, well, you should probably change that.

https://zdarsky.substack.com/

I feel like I've been given a gift and it's not even my birthday.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

He's not writing many comics for sure. The last time I saw he was writing some Barbarella series. The last thing I read by him was Suicide Risk which was really good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I really love Chip Zdarsky.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

My congrats to Gavok.

My condolences to Gripweed on purchasing X-Men The Hidden Years, Thunderstrike, American Dream, Force Works, Young Inhumans, and Celestial Quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I just want everyone to know that I'm sorry I've been absent a lot a lately and I've heard the concerns of people in this forum and the last 24 hours I've been working and talking behind the scenes with some people to make this forum better. We will be getting a second mod, that person has already been approached and accepted and we're just waiting on the admin team to make it official. That being said there's a bigger problem on this forum right now, outside of BSS, and that problem is currently the sole focus of the higher ups on this site. I can't say when this person is going to be made mod officially but as far as I'm concerned as of now they are whether they have the blue star and mod buttons or not. So everyone please give a kind welcome to Archyduchess for joining the team.