Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

The manga is actually extremely addictive and adds a lot more stuff that the show skips (and makes the characters look practically one dimensional as a result)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Beasteh posted:

The manga is actually extremely addictive and adds a lot more stuff that the show skips (and makes the characters look practically one dimensional as a result)

Ehhh...somewhat. Binged that manga and the main character really peeves me as being an inconstant, half-obsessed, zero-personality void that "is just really nice". Even for a teenager. Or a soap-opera teenager. And the others are not that much better.

It's decent, but I guess Love is War spoiled me by having the contrivances be fun and the characters have some life and color to them.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
One thing that I kinda like about Natsuo is that, while no doubt somewhat generic, at least the mangaka does make an attempt to portray him as actively good-looking, so instead of being baffled about girls liking this scrawny-rear end, boring looking MC (a-la Raku, Ichika, Keita, etcetera), it kinda sells me a bit better on the whole "Yeah, I could kinda see characters going for him".

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

There isn't a single girl Natsuo meets who doesn't want to jump his dick

I mean he's pretty good looking and a starving artist type so

The manga has got really weird lately for better or worse, I suppose it's gearing up to Resolve All of the Arcs

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Beasteh posted:

There isn't a single girl Natsuo meets who doesn't want to jump his dick

I mean he's pretty good looking and a starving artist type so

The manga has got really weird lately for better or worse, I suppose it's gearing up to Resolve All of the Arcs

Do you mean weirder then the start of the manga? If so I may just push through to the end just to see how hosed up everything can get.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dessel posted:

And like some other poster mentioned both Rui and Hina are actually rather flat characters. Honestly Momo seems way more interesting than any of the main cast.

This anime makes me want to watch a deconstruction where the protagonist acts like an actual proper human being and doesn't seek improper romantic relationships and doesn't walk to the bathroom where his naked...step? whatever sister is in, even if called.

Momo is absolutely the only actually-mature person in this manga/anime. Rui starts out somewhat interesting IIRC but quickly becomes extremely boring once her introduction "character arc" is completed. Hina is always bad.

If you're looking for romance dramas that are actually good and have interesting characters, I've had more luck with Korean webtoons than manga. I somewhat recently read the webtoon "My ID is Gangnam Beauty" and it was very good, with both the protagonist and love interests being genuinely decent people who mature over the course of the story. There were several parts where I expected a cliche thing to happen, and instead it surprised me with a pretty nuanced view.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Do you mean weirder then the start of the manga? If so I may just push through to the end just to see how hosed up everything can get.

I'm talking Natsuo is now harbouring a drug addicted girl who forced herself into his apartment and won't leave and he's just been kidnapped by the drug pushers

Cue Hina using her magic senses to locate him in a warehouse and Marie showing up

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Marie is the best character in the whole series.
Marie owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Hi yes I just read all 233 chapters of this. It’s loving garbage. I love it.

Marie is the best.