Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Domestic na Kanojo (Domestic Girlfriend) ドメスティックな彼女 is a manga series written by Kei Sasuga (author of Good Ending) that's been going since 2014 and this thread is about the currently airing anime adaptation by Diomedéa that aired on the 12th Jan 2019.

Synopsis :ohno:

quote:

Natsuo Fujii is in love with his teacher, Hina. Attempting to forget his feelings towards her, Natsuo goes to a mixer with his classmates where he meets an odd girl named Rui Tachibana. In a strange turn of events, Rui asks Natsuo to sneak out with her and do her a favor. To his surprise, their destination is Rui's house—and her request is for him to have sex with her. There's no love behind the act; she just wants to learn from the experience. Thinking that it might help him forget about Hina, Natsuo hesitantly agrees.

After this unusual encounter Natsuo now faces a new problem. With his father remarrying, he ends up with a new pair of stepsisters; unfortunately, he knows these two girls all too well. He soon finds out his new siblings are none other than Hina and Rui! Now living with both the teacher he loves and the girl with whom he had his "first time," Natsuo finds himself in an unexpected love triangle as he climbs ever closer towards adulthood.

The OP is a major bop and I highly recommend checking it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywhzUjQjjGI

Characters

Natsuo Fujii

Protagonist, high school student, aspiring novelist and surprisingly well grounded/mature for a male lead in a romance drama. He's head over heels for Hina and in an attempt to get over his feelings for her ends up bumping into Rui at a mixer and having casual sex with her. Then due to WACKY CIRCUMSTANCES his dad remarries and the woman he marries.... is Hina and Rui's mother! Wowzers, how is he going to deal with having his crush and the girl he lost his V to living with him as siblings?

Hina Tachibana

An English teacher at Natsuo's high school. Beautiful, smart and easy-going, she is dating a guy called Shuu who was her sensei back when she was a student who she knows is currently married and stringing her along promising he'll divorce to be with her. Her love life is a trash fire and she is the target of Natsuo's affections.

Rui Tachibana

Best girl and Hina's younger sister who is in Natsuo's year at high school. Socially and emotionally awkward, she is introverted but slowly comes out of her shell after her encounter with Natsuo at a mixer. I ship them.

Momo Kashiwabara

A classmate of Natsuo and Rui, she has a reputation as being super easy and makes plush dolls she gives to people she likes. Her family life is poo poo and she self harms. She's actually super clever but loses her focus when she's dating.

Miu Ashihara

A shy, gentle girl who is a member of the literature club. That's uh pretty much it? Her arc kind of got skipped

Masaki Kobayashi aka Marie~

Flamboyantly gay cross-dressing owner of Café L'amant where Natsuo's friend Fumiya works. Ex Yakuza. Secretly the best character

Kurimoto Fumiya

Natsuo's best friend and personal advisor.

Alex J. Matsukawa

A transfer student from overseas. Yells English words a lot.

The anime is currently on episode 8 and updates every Saturday. The manga is a never ending hell, you have been warned.

Discuss!

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Mar 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Davincie posted:

adtrw fears gently caress

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I've dunked an iphone in water exactly like Hina did and it was fine

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

:same:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Just read all 221 chapters of the ongoing manga and ahahahaa

this is literally a telenova soap opera jesus christ

i hope rui finds a nice boy who isn't that rear end in a top hat chef

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

New ep today!

Who puts a tomato on a parfait :psyduck:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I've got a pretty good idea of where the anime is going to end

Okinawa trip, cliffhanger of the photo of Natsuo + Hina smooching in the hotel window

this probably means we'll see Alex being rapey and auuugh

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'm reading Good Ending! and the plot is beat for beat the same as DnK lmaoooo

..why can't I stop reading, gently caress

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Does the subplot between Miu and the sexy literature teacher ever go anywhere? I remember her being in love with him. Literature teacher guy is another example of this series having actual good-looking male characters for a romance series primarily aimed at men.

She takes a long time internalizing it, but just as she's about to confess on the rooftop he says a bunch of wholesome stuff that makes her realize how much she's improved as a person being prez of the literature club, and she is thankful just to be content with that feeling

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'm happy that

Momo got with the insecure blond kouhai and is totally perverting him

And the bookish stuck up glasses guy got with secretly busty glasses girl who's families had some kind of work related beef? anyway super satisfying to see those arcs get resolved

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

New ep!

Wise fwom your gwave

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 15, 2019

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Gigguk did a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2OQu9yMh9k

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

The bluray has the uh uncensored version of ep1

the .5 chapters of the manga are basically H anyway

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

New episode! Oh good christ

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

The Anime Equivalent of McDonalds Fries

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

This is essentially a 'now read the fukken manga' adaptation so chance of S2 is probably slim to nil

Which I strongly suggest doing, the anime adapted something stupid like 6 chapters per episode and missed a lot of vital stuff plus the art is gorgeous and the .5 chapters/omakes are fun

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

The manga is actually extremely addictive and adds a lot more stuff that the show skips (and makes the characters look practically one dimensional as a result)

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

There isn't a single girl Natsuo meets who doesn't want to jump his dick

I mean he's pretty good looking and a starving artist type so

The manga has got really weird lately for better or worse, I suppose it's gearing up to Resolve All of the Arcs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Do you mean weirder then the start of the manga? If so I may just push through to the end just to see how hosed up everything can get.

I'm talking Natsuo is now harbouring a drug addicted girl who forced herself into his apartment and won't leave and he's just been kidnapped by the drug pushers

Cue Hina using her magic senses to locate him in a warehouse and Marie showing up