Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Servaetes posted:

Given the terrible OP got permabanned, yeah the mod should lock or close the thread, make a new one when the show resumes \

Did all y'all chicken out of making a new John Oliver thread? His show's been back on for a couple of weeks. He does a good job so you should care. Do you care about John Oliver?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAFS1gwzTTs

If you don't know, John Oliver is described as entry-level leftism. He's one of the few voices for leftist politics on T.V. and in between the jokes his research people deliver some pretty deep investigative journalism dives into one specific issue per week. Last week's episode covered the scummy Psychics industry, and the one before that covered a Brexit update.

I also don't know if it's been announced that John Oliver will be the next actor to play Bran Stark in Season 8 of the HBO's Game of Thrones. Wow congrats John Oliver!

What's the man going to do tonight? I don't know and neither do you. Strap in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
It's about to start! Oh my god

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I'm in this thread and I don't care who knows it

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

There is a thread. You've embarrassed yourself.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Stare-Out posted:

There is a thread. You've embarrassed yourself.

A lovely thread with a worse OP, doesn't have John Oliver or LWT in the title so it's a ghost town and no one can find it

New episode is up on HBO Now service if anyone gives a poo poo

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Also if this thread wins out, Stare Out is not allowed to post in it to protect them from embarrassment

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Also if this thread wins out, Stare Out is not allowed to post in it to protect them from embarrassment

If this thread loses (and it will) you should be banned from posting in the other one on account of your idiocy. :colbert:

THREAD FIGHT THREAD FIGHT THREAD FIHGT

Edit: the fact that I'm currently posting in this thread automatically makes it shittier than the other thread

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
If you genuinely like this show instead of just bitching on the internet then you'd want more people to find its thread because of a descriptive title ---- and more people to find and try the show in general because of a descriptive OP

I went back five pages in TVIV and control F'd for both "Oliver" and "LWT" which were both in the previous thread's title. Nada

And you wonder why there's hardly anyone there

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
No offense to the other OP or their work but those things obviously affect turnout

I would have posted there two weeks ago if I could find the dang thing

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Dumb Lowtax posted:

I went back five pages in TVIV and control F'd for both "Oliver" and "LWT" which were both in the previous thread's title. Nada

Maybe you should've control F'd for "Last Week Tonight"?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Alhazred posted:

Maybe you should've control F'd for "Last Week Tonight"?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The LWT thread always gets buried five pages deep after an episode airs unless there's some dumb derail in it. The most asked question in any LWT thread is something along the lines of "did anyone watch the last episode?"

I'm sorry I posted in this thread in case it wins out, Dumb Lowtax! :(

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
My favorite moment from this week was the girl he asked to repeat what he was saying, so she repeated it with a british accent. That was amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Here's the clip I hope he showed to the kid who said he was faster than a robot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KxjVlaLBmk&t=15s

Also works for proving robots can play basketball at 1:06

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 5, 2019