Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

beanieson posted:

For years everyone’s been all “Bran is going to defeat the walkers by warging into a dragon” but id much rather see Arya infiltrate the night kings ranks by wearing the face of the dead dragon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Lol that their big plan is for the people to hide in the crypts. Right next to all the dead people.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I love the super boot dude who recites his general orders of the nights watch like it makes him look badass

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Who else laughed when Lyanna got swept aside? I mean, I knew she was going to die and I'm happy she went out like no bitch but I loving died. Someone produce a gif please.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://i.imgur.com/sAsdyLp.mp4

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Also lol I don’t remember if Arya did that move before but otherwise nice copying that Jedi trick there

They made a big deal showing her do that to Brienne last season

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It's pretty clear when the shows writers took over and lost sight of the idea of no heros or honorable deaths. None of my boys died, and I think that's perhaps the worst possible outcome.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

McNally posted:

Is there any reason other than possibly budget/writers suck that GoT seems to have forgotten that the wights are more flammable than California?

Used to be that they'd go up like they were doused in gasoline if you put a flame to 'em.

That wasn't inside of the loving weird weather pattern thing the Night King generated, though

e: magic in our show with dragons fighting am army of the undead

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm shipping The Hound and The Mountain

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I know Bronn is only in it for himself but I think he’ll have a last second change of heart in killing Jamie or whoever

lol Tyrion is just gonna pay him double

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
what a dumb loving episode. I'm so mad Tormund wasn't waiting around with his drink sloshing from its horn when Brienne was dumped.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Mountain/Hound gently caress-and-suckfest is the only proper ending at this point

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

The Rat posted:

Just got caught up.

JON YOU STUPID gently caress YOU COULDN'T EVEN BE ARSED TO PET YOUR WOLF GOODBYE

I HOPE YOU AND YOUR INBRED AUNT STAB EACH OTHER TO DEATH, YOU DESERVE IT

Honestly, I was high and paying more attention to dogs and side conversations than the show and I completely missed that this happened. loving Jesus Christ

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

bengy81 posted:

GOT kind of sucks if you think too hard about it.
Something about staring into the abyss etc..

It's because the writing was essentially taken over by a collective of second year film studies majors and one older writer who is basically babysitting interns

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Madurai posted:

So, how many other ex-nukes are watching HBO's Chernobyl series? It had just happened when I was a boot, and there weren't a lot of solid facts made public by the time I'd finished prototype.

I watched it with some nukes and had to remind them that yes, this is roughly what happened and people really did gently caress up that badly because they were in constant disbelief.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Sounds like those dink rear end nubs didn't read their nuclear accident reports during power school.

I've been watching it and I'm seeing why certain rules and practices exist. They were probably learned from this incident and adopted into regular nuclear operating standards.

My understanding of the event is they straight up ignored a lot of best practices and underreported the severity of the situation at almost all stages of the immediate response.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

That is also a very fitting response to the way the US military is run

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Not having watched the episode, does Jaime kill Cersei? It would be fittingly ironic

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
lol

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Hey don't forget that HBO has an upcoming Game of Thrones spinoff, so while tonight may be the last episode of this series there are still plenty of stories for HBO to share with us involving this wonderful world of carefully crafted characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Crakkerjakk posted:

Holy poo poo, just got to the "thank you for your service bit" in Barry and I am rolling.

That and "a barracks in Connecticut in 67 was a dangerous place" are some of the best moments early on

e: Stephen Root referring to call of duty as a combat simulations