Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

yeah i know that, point being he could have hurled an ice javelin the moment he could see bran instead of going in for the personal touch

he dumb af is what i'm saying

i'm saying he's more of an initimidating villian than an effective one, i think he needs to go back to villain school

when he pulled the ice RPG off his back earlier in the ep I thought for sure a dragon was going to die

hahahaha, yeah agreed. A+ for intimidation. Like a D or F for actually getting poo poo done. This was the first organised defence he’s come up against and he dies? that sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Same people mad about NK are also mad about Snoke.

Last week’s Barry had the superior ‘battle’ scene to GoT and Endgame.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

holocaust bloopers posted:

Same people mad about NK are also mad about Snoke.

Last week’s Barry had the superior ‘battle’ scene to GoT and Endgame.

Hahahahaha that scene fuckin owned. It reminded me of the daredevil hallway scene if daredevil was a total fuckup

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I know Bronn is only in it for himself but I think he’ll have a last second change of heart in killing Jamie or whoever

Sarah posted:

My prediction:

Jamie is going to die heroically saving somebody’s rear end (probably Sansa).

Wouldn’t be surprised at all if it was Brienne. He’s dead for sure though

Bored As gently caress posted:

The Mad King ordered it to be placed under the entire city. Cersei only blew up the Cept of Balor, so the wildfire caches under the rest of the city should still be intact.

I can see them storming King’s Landing clearly about to take the throne then blowing everyone up with wildfire turns the tide for Cersei to almost win. She won’t, though. She’s going to get close for sure. Tyrion knows about the wildfire stores right (if they’re still there) so it’d be a short-sight for sure. But all battles have been bad and no one seems to stick to plans

Dead Reckoning posted:

After thinking on it, I'm really disappointed by the producers' post show bit where they say that they thought they had to give Lyanna Mormont a worthwhile, deserving death.

I was surprised they killed her tbh. Look, a lot of us were intrigued by this show because no one was safe. That said, since the red wedding, I think they realized they cannot kill everyone, and it’s hard to write themselves out of it. Many characters have clearly had plot armor for multiple seasons so that sort of allure towards GOT has been gone for a bit

but really did they run out of money to pay Varys for his lines or what

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 4, 2019

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
They can't kill everyone, but who among Yara, Varys, Davos, Brienne, Pod, Sam, Gilly, Tormund, Missandei and Greyworm has an unresolved plot arc that would prevent them from bringing the show to a satisfactory conclusion if they had died unceremoniously? And those are just the people who don't have to make it to the final two episodes. Hell, thinning down their ranks would have made for less ground to cover in the rest of the season. All of the above the line characters are on the table for the finale and show prior, and they only have like 3 episodes left.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 4, 2019

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I was surprised they killed her tbh.

If you watch the ep 3 after thing the writers mention that she was originally a 1 scene part but due to the reaction her character had they kept going and had to give her a good death

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Dead Reckoning posted:

They can't kill everyone, but who among Yara, Varys, Davos, Brienne, Pod, Sam, Gilly, Tormund, Missandei and Greyworm has an unresolved plot arc that would prevent them from bringing the show to a satisfactory conclusion if they had died unceremoniously? And those are just the people who don't have to make it to the final two episodes. Hell, thinning down their ranks would have made for less ground to cover in the rest of the season. All of the above the line characters are on the table for the finale and show prior, and they only have like 3 episodes left.

I thought I heard most of the last episodes are more than 60 minutes. With them now only having two locations (Winterfell/the trek to Kings Landing and Kings Landing) * you need more characters in each spot. It was different when you had plots and characters in 5-6 different locations but that's not the case anymore.

* sorry Yara

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I know Bronn is only in it for himself but I think he’ll have a last second change of heart in killing Jamie or whoever

lol Tyrion is just gonna pay him double

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I fully expect some Golden Company fuckery.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Dude McAwesome posted:

when he pulled the ice RPG off his back earlier in the ep I thought for sure a dragon was going to die

hahahaha, yeah agreed. A+ for intimidation. Like a D or F for actually getting poo poo done. This was the first organised defence he’s come up against and he dies? that sucks.

Yup. 8 seasons of buildup, building up the threat, revealing little by little, and the biggest threat to the entire world is ganked by Deus Ex Arya. In one episode. "The Long Night." Such bullshit.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Could you explain in excruciating detail what was wrong with it

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Yup. 8 seasons of buildup, building up the threat, revealing little by little, and the biggest threat to the entire world is ganked by Deus Ex Arya. In one episode. "The Long Night." Such bullshit.
TBF, Arya's journey to become the stabbiest mofo in Westeros has been almost as equally long and built up.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Will you just gently caress off already?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Could you explain in excruciating detail what was wrong with it

Well, let's see..

I'm a pedant, I know.

I'm glad you enjoyed it but I and a lot of other people didnt. Our lives are hosed, life is poo poo and then you die, climate change is ruining the planet and it's only going to get worse, Trump is president and is running this country into the ground and erroding and destroying our civil institutions and our alliances which will take decades to repair, and another recession is just around the corner whether it'll be a housing, credit card, or student loan bubble, and we have trickle down fucks running things. Climate change will end up killing hundreds of millions in the coming decades.

So yeah, entertainment is an escape for me. But the quality of the show has gone down since they ran out of material from the books. And this episode was a terrible way to end what was supposed to be the biggest threat to everyone - and it being resolved in one episode is extremelt anti-climactic. The way the episode went, it proves Cersei right. And now she's the big bad. It's just not a satisfying ending to 8 seasons of buildup.

I'm glad other people are able to overlook the episode's and the writers' mistakes and enjoy the episode and the show. I got some enjoyment out of the episode too. I just wish it were better. People can disagree.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 4, 2019

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Sir this is a Wendy's drivethrough

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Little Sam will be the NK reborn. Calling it.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I don't know, I think Bored As gently caress makes some very good points.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It’s not simply writing a script. There are budgets, schedules, and other limitations to deal with. It’s not like a book where set pieces come at zero cost beyond ink and paper

Bored as gently caress is being an idiot.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

I love a pile on as much as the next guy, but i 100% agree with him that it was disappointing that the big bad guy for the whole series did what? like three cool things?

1. raised the dead at hardholme
2. shot the dragon down
3. resurrected and rode the dragon

other than that he’s just sort of slowly wandered down south.

it’s okay for people to be disappointed that the big villain sucked rear end, and to vent that disappointment with screeds

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

This guy makes really good video essays and captures a poo poo ton of stuff that was wrong with this episode.

https://youtu.be/GI7zy1PTMp0

Ho-lee poo poo, thirty-seven minutes of this :stare:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Dude McAwesome posted:

I love a pile on as much as the next guy, but i 100% agree with him that it was disappointing that the big bad guy for the whole series did what? like three cool things?

2. shot the dragon down

it’s okay for people to be disappointed that the big villain sucked rear end, and to vent that disappointment with screeds

It's good that the big villain sucked rear end because a seiging force at Winterfell and then a March south would have been unstoppable.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Godholio posted:

The main focus of the show has always been the human politics. The dead were always the "other" issue.

I disagree. I get that intrigue and the literal game of thrones was always the meat of the show, but from the very first episode, the key point was driven home that none of the conflict mattered in the bigger picture of living vs. dead. The entire purpose of the wall was to defend against the white walkers after they were beaten for the last time however many thousand years ago, and a major part of the plot arc of the Night's Watch is that their purpose isn't to just range out against wildlings, but protect the realms of the living. Hell, Jon Snow's entire declared purpose (before he finds out he's actually the heir to the throne) is to raise awareness of the real danger to the north.

I just feel that they could have concluded Intriguefest 2019 before the final battle of living vs. dead, though that would probably have been a logistical nightmare to film.

In any case, I really hope they somehow tie up Arya into the whole Azor Ahai plot, because otherwise...what was the point of that? Stannis was supposed to be it, but then his legacy ended up being a wet fart, and instead, Jon is brought back from the dead, because he's actually Azor Ahai, but then Jon meets with Dany and the red woman, and we learn that Azor Ahai was totally mis-translated and it's actually a chick, and it's totally Dany this time, but then Arya kills the Night King.

So my hopes are that they kinda tie this up in some way instead of just leaving it at the audience going "oh, lol, I guess it could have been Arya the entire time, makes sense".

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Arya kills snape

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Why was the night king after Bran again. I mean why was he a primary target for him, cause he didn’t seem to have anything on him, I forgot. I know he was marked when he had that vision

In that stare down I was half expecting Bran to consume the night king killing himself and the night king in the process, or showing that he’s a night king too or some poo poo.

That or the Children of the Forest come save the day

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

bran said something about the night king having been after the three-eyed raven forever, i don't remember much else though

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

bran said something about the night king having been after the three-eyed raven forever, i don't remember much else though

The three eyed raven represents the memory of humanity. The NK has been deliberately trying to kill him forever to erase that memory en route to destroying all of humanity and the children of the forest.

He had the exact same slow and deliberate walk up and swing when he killed the old three-eyed raven in the tree.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Would cutting Dr. Branhattan's arm off below the elbow and leaving it in some North-of-the-Wall backwoods have stopped the Night King from finding him? I feel like the previous Three Eyed Raven hosed up there. "Well, he knows where we are now. Let's not do anything about it, let's just try to cram your entire postgraduate education into your head in a couple hours. Side effects may include plotline death."

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

We can safely assume that the last three episode storyline is going to be telegraphed on Sunday, yes?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

SquirrelyPSU posted:

We can safely assume that the last three episode storyline is going to be telegraphed on Sunday, yes?

Maybe. I’m holding opinion on the overall ending until the season closes out. No reason to get all fussy without seeing how everything unfolds.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

arya am become the god of death, shanks everyone

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
"Arya, putting aside the bag of faces, I see your list now has 'All Who Walk The Realms of Men' below 'Gregor Clegane.' Are you sure it's supposed to be there?"

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Dude McAwesome posted:

2. shot the dragon down

The NK pretty much wiped out the Dothraki - the same Dothraki that turbo hosed the Lanister army returning to Kings Landing. The NK and his army also eliminated House Umber, Mormont, Karstark (presumed). No word on Glover, but between the NK and the Battle of the Bastards - there aren't a whole lot of Northern Houses left.

TCD fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 4, 2019

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the Golden Company mutinied and seized the throne. It's not like there are many who could stop them.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the Golden Company mutinied and seized the throne. It's not like there are many who could stop them.

Stop. You’re triggering our resident screenwriter.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

the gently caress everyone doing in Essos anyway none of the white walker poo poo effects them right what do they care

It’s like the North and South American continents for Westeros, maybe with a small body of water between North/South...and then Europe all the way across the Atlantic right

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Essos is rejoicing now that the Dothraki are dead as gently caress

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Lmao yeah theres now nothing to prevent the insurgents taking back all of Dany's gains and if anything probably imposing a more brutal discipline on them

Good job Dany you've made it worse for everyone you've come into contact with

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Good job Dany you've made it worse for everyone you've come into contact with

That's her story.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

That would actually own though.

Anyway i haven't watched this and don't plan to. Did Arya and the hound reunite is all I want to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

That's some hate boner you've got there for me.

we should just bang it out