Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

isn’t Simpson’s Disney now too? Lol

Haven’t watched it forever. Seems most agree about season 10 and on is garbage with maybe a few nuggets between

I just know they outsourced to some cheap South Korean animation company or something a while ago? So the art style is just, bleh. Very fake robotic looking movements and just not like the real animation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Also there’s no loving way there’s somewhat a happy ending with Jon and Khaleesi on the throne or w/e

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I think somehow Cersei and the dead army win or exploit something, lot of important people die, then maybe one hero is left to claim the throne and come out triumphant finally killing Cersei or some poo poo

I mean there are a lot of loving side characters and stories they built up that haven’t had any resolve

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I gotta say: the first few episodes have just felt off. Yeah it’s been two years, and it’s pretty much just been reunion time. That said, it just almost seems like everyone sees the light at the end of the tunnel, and after being at this for 10 years, are sort of done with their characters. Almost feels rushed like they’re blatantly just trying to wrap it all up fast and head home

I mean trust me I’m gonna watch the poo poo out of it and I’m glad we’ll have a conclusion, just a random thought

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I get that, just feel like when the camera cuts they’re all letting out a big sigh of relief saying: “ugh ok what’s next the pub opened at 5”

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Can’t wait for some turd to change the GBS thread title to them or some poo poo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

pantslesswithwolves posted:

You may not want to look at FYAD’s title right now if you care about potential spoilers; could also be FYAD just loving with the forums.

Honestly don’t even venture outside of GIP, people are chodes. I remember a thread title in GBS had nearly a whole season of spoilers in the title. I’ll never understand the childish act of spoiling poo poo for others when you’re an adult but w/e. Automatic unfriending from me on social media that’s for sure

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Bran will probably sacrifice himself and and pull some last minute deus ex machina to save the day where he absorbs the white walker and explodes to end them for good or some bs

Curious on the Azor Ahai poo poo. They mention the prince that was promised etc but haven’t talked much on that otherwise.

Jamie still needs time to strangle Cersei too. I really don’t see Arya dying. Also what’s up Cleganebowl is for sure happening right?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ya same I thought the battle of winterfell and subsequent deaths would be the last episode

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

The best part is that if they'd never gone north to try grab a wight to make peace with the south, the dead would still be stuck north of the wall Nd Daenerys could clean up Cersei

yeah that whole thing was loving dumb

Hey we know you all love these heroic tough guy bad dudes and their quips so we’re going to send them on an adventure! Surely our hero is out of op....oh here comes Uncle Benjen

How the gently caress did they get the chains on the dragon is what I wanna know. I mean I guess they can walk underwater...maybe?

I remember in a later intro the water next to that castle has frozen over and people theorized they were simply going to walk around the wall. Don’t remember if the water was frozen in the actual show, or if they showed it.

I’m still waiting for Syrio Forel to save the day and or reveal himself as the faceless man.

I guess the Nymeria scene was just paying homage to the books? She better not come save Arya with her wolfpack or some bs. With all that CGI money spent those wolves seemed pretty lame and just constantly died. Well, I guess Bran’s saved him

Also, WE NEVER SAW STANNIS DIE ON SCREEN! There’s still a chance! I forgot but where is the red witch again? Is she done? I think Jon exiled her but I don’t recall.

That witch did say Drogo would come back...if certain parameters were met. But yeah, I know if any old character came back people would put it together and leak the gently caress out of it with them being on the sets and not able to film other roles

Also is Cersei still pregnant? I know she’s been drinking wine, so not sure if that’s a factor.

Sorry for the mess of blabbering

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 27, 2019

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I’m going in send thoughts and prayers

Per FB reacts it sounds juicy

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

holocaust bloopers posted:

The flames of the Dothraki being snuffed out one by one was an incredible narrative choice to set up the episode.

super spooky. I mean, was that charge ordered or Dothraki gonna do as Dothraki do and they all got pumped up with the flames and took off of their own accord? As highlighted in the commentary, it all went to poo poo cause Khalessi couldn’t watch her people die and took off to help. Still not sure why they were at the front though

There’s a lot to nitpick, but like most plans during war, it went to poo poo fast. Am curious if Bran was doing something worthwhile while warging. Really wanted him to warg into Viserion. He took some ravens to see the night king on Viserion and then uh...?

The shot of the dragons above the clouds was dope.

Did Melisandre go off to die since she fulfilled and completed her path or? Was there any significance I missed to her using Syrios quote? Or just that it’s a saying in Bravos?

Also lol I don’t remember if Arya did that move before but otherwise nice copying that Jedi trick there

Suntan Boy posted:

I thought she bit it at least three times during the crypt scenes, but she's the rightmost of the survivor group at 1:19:00.

Yeah a bunch of women looking very similar to her get smoked and I also thought the same

Definitely recommend watching with subtitles. A lot is hard to discern.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Apr 29, 2019

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah all the fast cut transitions of people getting smoked got old fast

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I get all the gripes I just guess the show has been this way since the start so at season 8 it’s just business as usual

I mean, at least we have battles rather than handwaved scenarios and then cutting to the aftermath like all the Robb Stark battles

And yeah so is House Karstark done then? Don’t recall seeing them for a bit. Also Gendry was gone most that episode. Sam being Sam. Saw him getting his buddy killed a mile away. GOT sure loves the surprise sword through the back of the head

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I thought Tyrion was going to die protecting her

Also is the actor that plays Varys too expensive for HBO now and they don’t want to pay him to say anymore words

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Bummer we’ll never get Ser Jorah and the Knights of the Friend Zone spin-off.

lmao

When he saved her yet again I just rolled my eyes

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The Valley Stared posted:

Supposedly GRRM's wife loves Arya and made him promise to not kill her. I'm not sure that she'll have as big a role when things wind up on King's Landing, but she might get seriously injured and or maimed.

Wasn’t that agreement up until the last season or some such

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Arya gonna save the hound then die killing the mountain. I want to say she’ll kill Cersei, but I think that’ll be Jamie

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Cersei is definitely gonna almost win, a dragon will die; a few of our heroes as well

Not sure on Euron and his teleporting fleet.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I know Bronn is only in it for himself but I think he’ll have a last second change of heart in killing Jamie or whoever

Sarah posted:

My prediction:

Jamie is going to die heroically saving somebody’s rear end (probably Sansa).

Wouldn’t be surprised at all if it was Brienne. He’s dead for sure though

Bored As gently caress posted:

The Mad King ordered it to be placed under the entire city. Cersei only blew up the Cept of Balor, so the wildfire caches under the rest of the city should still be intact.

I can see them storming King’s Landing clearly about to take the throne then blowing everyone up with wildfire turns the tide for Cersei to almost win. She won’t, though. She’s going to get close for sure. Tyrion knows about the wildfire stores right (if they’re still there) so it’d be a short-sight for sure. But all battles have been bad and no one seems to stick to plans

Dead Reckoning posted:

After thinking on it, I'm really disappointed by the producers' post show bit where they say that they thought they had to give Lyanna Mormont a worthwhile, deserving death.

I was surprised they killed her tbh. Look, a lot of us were intrigued by this show because no one was safe. That said, since the red wedding, I think they realized they cannot kill everyone, and it’s hard to write themselves out of it. Many characters have clearly had plot armor for multiple seasons so that sort of allure towards GOT has been gone for a bit

but really did they run out of money to pay Varys for his lines or what

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 4, 2019

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Why was the night king after Bran again. I mean why was he a primary target for him, cause he didn’t seem to have anything on him, I forgot. I know he was marked when he had that vision

In that stare down I was half expecting Bran to consume the night king killing himself and the night king in the process, or showing that he’s a night king too or some poo poo.

That or the Children of the Forest come save the day

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

the gently caress everyone doing in Essos anyway none of the white walker poo poo effects them right what do they care

It’s like the North and South American continents for Westeros, maybe with a small body of water between North/South...and then Europe all the way across the Atlantic right

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yes, yes, this is a Wendy's drive-thru etc. it was a fun episode, but a bunch of stuff in there just felt unnecessarily sloppy or forced when it could easily have been written better with barely any impact on filming-logistics, as opposed to the Battle of Winterfell

Nah I appreciate any long winded rants in here tbh

Slim Pickens posted:

"I have to go now, the North needs me"

*Ghost died on his way back to hardhome without saying goodbye to Jon*

They ran out of CGI money. Hell, they won’t even CGI Jon petting. I’m not sure why they didn’t just use regular-rear end wolves or wolf-like dogs with crafty perspectives and maybe some CGI. The wolves in this show have just been awfully done through and through. Especially in regards to the story.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

what a dumb loving episode.

:same:

Dead Reckoning posted:

Too bad no one they know can warg into birds that are common across the entire continent.

Are we gonna find out where Bran warged during the battle for winterfell or nah

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

bronn still best character

but who didn’t see that coming

The Rat posted:

It feels like I'm watching video game cutscenes at this point. But not good cutscenes. Like, Mass Effect 3 cutscenes.

💯

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

tbh I feel like it’s the writer strike of 2007-2008 again. This season has been pretty poo poo overall

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Something on Robert’s Rebellion would be cool, or Aegon the Conquerer. Maybe some ancient Valeria bs like Battlestar Galactica and that subpar Caprica show. Then plus they can just handwave everything away with the cataclysm

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Chernobyl looks good. I was curious how historically accurate it is, and if it carries some anti-nuclear undertone

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I know we’re veering off-topic but plenty of threads for that chat

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Well that’s good to know at least. Trust me I’m happy for a big production on it all but cannot help but think it pushes the layman back on being pro-nuclear a bit

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I’m telling you it’s like Battlestar Galactica

Built up all these cool concepts, ideas, and side stories, but don’t know how to write themselves out of it. This season has just been poo poo through and through I’ve been telling y’all. It just all feels rushed and them burnt out and going through the motions to finally finish this

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Finally finished this last episode, haven’t caught up on posts

This season had really been lame so far and I felt needed a Hail Mary and boy what they did with Khaleesi was definitely a shock. Especially how they built her up as a female lead. I get the writing was on the wall what with her crucifying etc but I digress

Jon continues to just gently caress up everything he touches even though he doesn’t want to be involved. A real Stark since he completed that arc of loyalty being the demise

Lame hand wave for Euron and Jamie

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

if Jamie and Cersei survive then this show would have finished worse than Battlestar Galactica

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Serve as a brief but useless plot device to get someone important killed

I’m just saying I wouldn’t be surprised if they were still alive

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

he’s in the Caribbean with Khal Drogo (yes I know he got roasted)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah it was well hinted at all through the show we were just too wide eyed to notice. The wildfire stores blowing up alongside the dragon flames is a nice touch. About the only good aspect or angle of this season so far has been the Mad Queen harshing everyone’s mellow

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

He’s technically still alive and I guess chilling right

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah Grey Worm is definitely going to have a showdown with someone: either Jon or Arya

Gendry gonna take the throne

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Slim Pickens posted:

then jon is gonna just be standing there naked and everyone will kneel because he's the true targ king and fans will all rejoice like this dumb moment somehow saved the show

lol I totally forgot about the unburnt part

But I can totally see it happening. Jon having some final face off with her and her forgetting he might be immune to fire

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Who uses Cardiff as a metric?

Did I miss a joke in that original comment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

This is what I'm really enjoying

It’s the only joy I find in all this misery