Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Endgame spoilers I'm at what I think is the final boss - I can get through Genichiro without much trouble, Isshin seems doable but I just need to last long enough to learn his attack patterns

the more aggressive you are the less he uses his really hard to block combos. learning when you can sneak in a counter hit is when i started getting to phase 2 with no damage reliably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

honestly i dont even think he's that hard. i know how to beat him and can consistently get through the first phase using 0-1 gourds, you just play him like a dark souls boss (always run towards him or be near him and dodge/drift to the right, you don't need to even use block the entire fight). the hitboxes on his fire moves are very, very generous though and so i get caught a lot when it looks like i shouldn't.

i was thinking this same poo poo during my first few attempts, but after a few days i decided to try to parry anything that didnt give me a danger symbol or was a fireball. even the most souls looking boss in the game plays like a sekrio boss which is cool. i almost always regret dodging compared to when i just walk and hit block if somehting looks like it'll hit me

sekiro and bloodborn circle a perfect game for me. BB having more art design wise and more refined combat since it was the same formula for 3 previous game essentially, but sekrios pace of action slays anything else in the genre

I got the tude now fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 10, 2019

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

mods for this are gonn aget very good very quickly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqhtpuPjkZ0

finally a skin matching wolfs zesty personality

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
finally found the guts to put on bell demon for second NG playthrough and it's tight. fights that were easy as hell on ng+2 like butterfly are pushing my posture the the max in one or two combos, punishing mashing at all.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Mt6YRSlHQ

distortion2 gets the ape skip in this run, my favorite is the ghost monk kill though

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
demon of hatred is my friend...

also you can parry most of his moves still, the parry window in the game is huge tbh.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
thats my secret, late game non-story content i use items on. i will not disrespect isshin.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
if you use full charge ichimonji over and over on the snake eyes it'll interrupt anything they do except the grab move, which you can parry but there's no visual cue you just have to time it.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

This didn't kill me letting me win. Thank you my love, happy valentines to you too.

e: no gourds left either lol

well played, gamer. might use my days off to start a fresh file.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

*smiling, knowingly*

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
the visual tell on the scream is a big inhale that happens way before the kanji.

juggling two playthroughs at once right now. realized i'd never gotten the bad ending so i rushed there and those two fights are sweet. also doing a ng kuro charm run and it is much harder than ng+ kuro and bell. taking damage on blocks means you have to have like 90% parry success early on, and some random stuff is a nightmare. blazing bull doesn't one shot the guys in the yard so you have to finish off two enemies before you can fight the very frustrating bull.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
the room with a poison ninja in the center and a regular ninja in the corner always kills me like 15 times b/c i want the shrine so bad before i remember there's another door that's behind both of them.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Took down Owl on my tenth try or so in the sweatiest fight of all time. Used Mortal Blade when he was between death blows for decent damage then again midnight by mistake but it landed lol. However I then had no spirit emblems to shuriken him when he was recovering his posture as he always did it after his poison splash and I dodged back expecting his dash from phase 1 and early phase 2 so it's a wash. Knew I had him with HP damage right at the end and with no healing at all left was able to punish his grenades.

The best From fight of all time haven't felt like this since OS but feel much more accomplished

it's going to keep happening, one of the best difficulty curves in gaming.

i love how much boss fights feel like fighting games at times. on ng with both difficulty debuffs the only way to beat even early bosses like gyobou is to find a spacing where the ai only uses 2-3 patterns rather than 5-6, taking 20% damage on block is brutal i was getting one shot by strings i'd barely seen. recaptures the first play through

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
charm is harder than bell, but the extra hp and damage from ng+ makes it doable. it's the same game, being aggressive and playing close but patient enough to wait for attacks you know you can punish is still what works.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

maybe 30 tries in and got ti his second phase about 10 and nearly his 3rd once. Feels so impossible. Def improving a lot but lose a lot of gourds still on phase one or get through using two. his combo and chip damage with fire really sucks rear end as does his constant leap back to the walls. It's a good boss fight but not a good sekiro fight imo, you only learn to be better at him not the game which kind of sucks rear end for a final boss

he's cool, totally a dark souls guy walked into the game. weird in a game where dodging doesn't have much invulnerability, but he's more parryable than he looks. and i started using confetti and candy pretty much every attempt after i was getting to phase 2 consistently.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
lmfao

& good job emmyok. strap in for the final boss, one of my fave encounters in gaming. kept a save there before the update let you fight bosses.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

grinding skill points took hours for me even with a really optimized strategy on ng+++......its rough.

is there a better place than the stairs before the divine dragon? like five enemies at a time but i don thinki took more than an hour or two

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

extremebuff posted:

drat I figured you could get it within ng+1, thats brutal. i always got bored because they didn't change enemy placement or anything and just gave everything too much hp lol

i got it on ng+1. and yeah the real ng+ is throwing on the bell/charm but it really just makes you realize you miss parries more than you thought

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i totally forgot about how the outskirts change lategame, used that chained ogre spot even lmao.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

already thinking about switching to offline because I don't want these remnant signs everywhere

Yeah it doesn’t really do anything, pull the plug imo

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

Pulled. Now I have to unlearn Fromsoft controls because switching items now uses them.

Change the default controls, the use item button is in a bad spot

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

no. learn to use the default controls.

:shrug: felt much more natural to change things around. I can’t remember t he m offhand anymore though

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Maybe it was the change item button I didn’t like? I can’t even remove anymore lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

The default controls are great. You’ll just be using the Elden ring ones for a while lol. Good look shinobi

Fountainhead palace is visually cool but one of the worst to actually playthrough imo.

I like the pathing in fountainhead a lot, and the underwater section is pretty cool, but the nobles are lame as fucj

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

It's layout is what I disliked actually. There is no clear direction in it so I spent ages exploring but then the path through is super short when you know where it is. There are also too many enemies who can follow you all over and see you from all over so it ends up being hard to traverse and also constantly in unexpected combats. Those weird balls they kick at you behave weirdly also and I've been one shot by them before. The final path section of it is also defended by like 8 tengus so I always just run past them and activate the Buddha instead. The tenge are also not chump enough for there to be that many of them, they're fun opponents but they show up in the same number as the basic samurai do in Ashina.

I think it could have been a cool area but it's surprisingly awkward to get around and the enemy placements and volume don't feel good. I'm mainly talking about thee castle over the lake section but yeah the nobles section before that is also pretty rear end.

Obviously a god level game S+ 5/5, that's just one area that I don't like but is quite well liked by others. I

I agree about enemy placement/volume, and there’s one specific run between brudda s I really hate, i probably want to like it more than I actually do. It sounds like it’s time for me to beat sekiro again….

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

thinking its time for a sekiro replay

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Thinkin bout woo guy :)

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

yeah, upgraded too.. I get into tense situations and start spamming buttons. I keep hammering Y for some reason after jumping a sweep attack. The solution is to stop being stupid.

spear guys are hard. sekiro's greatness comes from consistently challenging encounters

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

Genichiro down. Took me 20+ attempts to get to his third phase, then I somehow landed every lightning return and wasted him in like 30 seconds. Intense stuff.

Hell yea dude. One step forward but it keeps getting harder/more badass. By the time you’re done genichiro feels like playtime

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

oh no somebody gave the monkeys swords, and there's a million of them

Just wait

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

you can talk to them but they will only complain about having dragonrot lol

Lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

Sometimes I'm getting 'Sculptor's Idol Found' messages when I rest at idols I've travelled to. Does this mean anything or is it a bug?

Guardian Ape 2? why

TWO? WHY

Was waiting for this post lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Ape is definitely the best boss to do last of the three paths as you'll have much higher AP for both the ape fight and then the twin ape fight which is optional. You'll also have the best skill for dealing with the second ape also.

Yeah t he other path feels like the “correct route” o felt like a dipshit my last play when I had to do double ape without that skill lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

I was half expecting Owl to have a surprise third phase

I was not expecting rope gumby kaiju to carry me to the promised land

😈

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

hardest boss in the game imo but only because he does chip damage. try the fire lotus umbrella

This. He’s very different from the other hard bosses but still rewarding

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

It’s fine in the boss rush. What’s so great about Sekiro is you only beat bosses by mastering them rather than a lucky round

:hai:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm reinstalling Sekiro again...

I simply never uninstalled it.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

i guess theyre probably just looking to wring some extra sekiro sales out of elden ring’s massive success. but still. what if.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jASlIZSpnJ4

Yeah but am I still staking my mental health on the possibility of a sekiro sequel? Hell. Motherflipping. Yes. 🙌

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

you should be able to suck off the divine dragon.

I disagree, and my rebuttal is where I will reveal my shocking and upsetting fetish that can only be portrayed by experienced hentai artists