Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punk da Bundo

by FactsAreUseless
*dad wearing an undershirt , an over shirt , a polo and a sweater over it * I keep the temp at an appropriate 68 degrees . I turn it down to 65 at night .

When you pay the bills , you can set it to 72 . But you don’t , you don’t do you ? *dad isn’t talking to anybody , is muttering to himself in the hallway * you can always put a sweater on. you can always do that .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic

he's wearing four layers and i can still see pops' nips poking through. u nasty, pops

MockingQuantum

i touched the thermostat of the damned, I get that the souls in hell need to be tormented but 1500 degrees is good enough, it doesn't need to be at 1550, the Prince of Lies isn't made of money, would it kill them to put on a sweater

thank you luvcow for the sig

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
It wasn’t me, I was busy slamming your GOT damned door again.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Farecoal

There he go

Pulcinella di Bund posted:

*dad wearing an undershirt , an over shirt , a polo and a sweater over it * I keep the temp at an appropriate 68 degrees . I turn it down to 65 at night .

When you pay the bills , you can set it to 72 . But you don’t , you don’t do you ? *dad isn’t talking to anybody , is muttering to himself in the hallway * you can always put a sweater on. you can always do that .

keeping a fake thermostat in dad's retirement home room so he can feel better

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Farecoal posted:

Fake thermostats are a real thing I used to have to install them for people who were constantly warring it out over how hot/cold it was in some of the largest warehouse buildings known to man (Air Force Supply warehouse). It was fun watching them run over to it the second I was out of sight after I installed it (but peeking around the corner)

**touches thermostat with a 10 foot pole**

alnilam

getting a tattoo of a classic 1.1 qt thermos, it's my thermos tat

alnilam

pls look don't touch

ty manifisto

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

alnilam posted:

getting a tattoo of a classic 1.1 qt thermos, it's my thermos tat

FutonForensic

Farecoal posted:

https://i.imgur.com/mgkY4MJ.gifv

Lucavi
it was me

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

:five:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

You god drat kids and your enjoyment of comfortable temperatures and easy app-adjustments and programmed settings. Back in my day, we only had ONE ZONE for the whole house, and we had to walk all the way to the hallway to sneaky fidget with it! And my dad unhooked the spring assembly inside after he set it, so we had to rehook it to fidget with it every time!

Senor P.
I MUST TELL YOU HOW PEOPLE CARE ABOUT STUFF I DONT AND BE A COMPLETE CUNT ABOUT IT
68 degrees? That's luxury.

My dad keeps his place at 62.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My house is at 62, I'm your dad now

alnilam

No foolin my house is kept at either heinz 57 or nintendo 64. The next funny number up is 69 and although it's a great number it's just too drat warm

alnilam

I'd consider 62 if it were a funny number but alas

sb hermit

hamjobs posted:

My house is at 62, I'm your dad now

hi dad

lol but

body is a dinosaur
just put more clothes on. in fact, just go back to bed

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Hi son how was your day

sb hermit

hamjobs posted:

Hi son how was your day

it’s fine

can I go to james’ house, we’re gonna play the new dead or alive do math homework

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

el dorito posted:

it’s fine

can I go to james’ house, we’re gonna play the new dead or alive do math homework

Ok but first I gotta tell you a half hour long story that turns into a dad joke about nam

sb hermit

hamjobs posted:

Ok but first I gotta tell you a half hour long story that turns into a dad joke about nam

ok but first I’m gonna go overheat a hot pocket and try to eat it immediately without burning myself

it’s the fastest way to keep warm

someone is using all the phone megabytes again but it’s not me because I’m not the one streaming netflix on the schoolbus

Goons Are Gifts

I feel so excluded for not knowing what temperatures you are talking about. :smith:

Boiling water at 100 degrees now though, take that thermostat!

Punk da Bundo

by FactsAreUseless
*good friends from Arizona visiting, a bit miffed at how cold it is in the house* hey, do you think we could turn up the heat a bit?

*dad appearing out of nowhere with 2 oversized Lacoste sweaters* you think im made out of money?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Robot Made of Meat

Goons Are Great posted:

I feel so excluded for not knowing what temperatures you are talking about. :smith:

Boiling water at 100 degrees now though, take that thermostat!

Awww.

Poor GAG.

It's simple, really. And it helps if you keep an adding machine on your desk.

Faherenheit to Celsius (or Centigrade) is (F-32)/9*5

Celsius (or Centigrade) to Faherenheit is (C*5/9)+32

See how easy?

Oh, and 5/9 is 056 and 9/5 is 1.8

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Manifisto

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Awww.

Poor GAG.

It's simple, really. And it helps if you keep an adding machine on your desk.

Faherenheit to Celsius (or Centigrade) is (F-32)/9*5

Celsius (or Centigrade) to Faherenheit is (C*5/9)+32

See how easy?

Oh, and 5/9 is 056 and 9/5 is 1.8

a FIVE to nine conversion ratio?

really? :raise:

we need a measurement system based on funnier numbers, stat

Goons Are Gifts

Can't we all just use Kelvin instead? It's foreign for everyone of us and the conversion is always quite easy!

Punk da Bundo

by FactsAreUseless

Goons Are Great posted:

Can't we all just use Kelvin instead? It's foreign for everyone of us and the conversion is always quite easy!

*screaming from my man cave , pausing the Blu-ray of band of brothers * Kelvin did you touch the loving thermostatttttt

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Goons Are Gifts

Mr Kelvin Candy

Goons Are Gifts

He touched the thermostat and reduced everthing by 273 degrees

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Goons Are Great posted:

He touched the thermostat and reduced everthing by 273 degrees

The Ultimate Chill Zone

Robot Made of Meat

hamjobs posted:

Hi son how was your day

AAAaahhh! You're not my real dad!

He never spoke that many words to me in any single month in my entire life!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Robot Made of Meat posted:

AAAaahhh! You're not my real dad!

He never spoke that many words to me in any single month in my entire life!

my dad will talk to you if you want, he tells me hi good morning do you want some coffee and a bowl, or hey i made pancakes for you, do you want some peanut butter

anyone and everyone is welcome to borrow The Good Dad, also i really need a break because sometimes he's an old man about things and needs explaining. like today i explained the chromecast four times in a row without crying about having to repeat myself because he goldfishes.