Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Just finished all research, I am not looking forward to finishing up the last Satellite launch. Battery production alone is gonna need to get ramped up massively past where I have it if I want to finish it in any reasonable timeframe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

The game feels complete enough as is, the only glaring omission is that it has no story but that seems to be mostly worked out behind the scenes already. My guess is that there's one more production machine added which deals with quantum crystals and the other items that haven't been released yet (probably some version of the quantum encoder machine which was datamined a long time ago), then the planned terrain updates and story to be shipped as 1.0. Probably a reworking of several recipes in the process, I saw that there were a bunch of gases datamined around the time nitrogen was released along with more fluids like rocket fuel which haven't yet been implemented.

I mean, the game's loving great for it's purchase price right now, but there's glaringly obvious unfinished bits left that I'd be a little irritated if weren't finished eventually

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

What you're asking for is already in the game. Once you complete a vehicle path and set it to autopilot it will store that path internally, but you can also use the Q menu to save that path and set as many vehicles as you want running it.

goddamnit lol, this could have saved me so much time in one of my old saves

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Are you placing a pump? If so, that's not new

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

CainFortea posted:

Yea, i'm sure it's the 3080's fault and not the early access game that isn't fully optimized.

Sounds like something's fucky. I played earlier builds on an ancient card fine, and my 3070 runs it smooth as butter even in my hellfactory

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Mailer posted:

That'd be because Coffee Stain brought it up as a negative aspect of blueprints. The implication (while not explicitly stated) being that they were saving players from themselves with the 32x32 grid because otherwise they'd hit a hard object limit. The fact that this was bullshit because hitting the object limit is insanely rare was part of Nilaus' video.

Eh, if it's rare now, that doesn't mean it won't come up more if people are building blueprints with 50+ pieces in them at a time.

It's still likely to not be an issue for most players, even on large collaborative maps, but I don't think it's an entirely fake concern.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I can't remember, does doing the FIxmas chain really do a whole lot for you besides snowballs and custom skins (which I believe are the same as last year)?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
If they replaced the biomass burners on the initial hub with some handwavy reactor thing that gave the output of a biomass burner, I'd be happy with the endgame. I basically do that with the renewable energy mods anyway

Doing non automatable chores to keep everything going suuucks, especially if you're building in the desert

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I'm somewhat excited for this upcoming patch but much like the last one (two?) I can't help but feel like I wish there was more content being added.

Game's loving amazing and content-rich as is, I'm not claiming otherwise, but it makes it a little harder to want to come back to check out the changes when I've done everything already.

Klyith posted:

Build more of them. They're super cheap, and if you have like twice as many burners as your grid needs you only need to restock once an hour. (Half an hour if still using basic biomass instead of logs.)

Also don't sink excess production until you have coal. If you're building in the desert you should absolutely be rushing coal, you can do that in a couple of hours.

Oh I do that, I just don't like having to check on the biomass burners and do another river-run.

And yeah, death sprinting to coal is the way to go, no doubt

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

priznat posted:

I would kind of like it if they had it so buiding next to a powered item would also power it so you didn't have to have a spray of power poles. Or perhaps a special foundation that allowed power. Not sure if these are already mods, probably.

My personal niche wish list is if you could set a blueprint to go off a wildcard so if I make a modular smelter block I only need 1 blueprint and don't have to run and update 16 smelters output directly. Or even just having a mass-change option when in the blueprint editor so I can quickly knock out different versions by just choosing different options/colors.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
The main thing I am currently hoping for in a satisfactory 2 would be modular machines. One of the mods I tried for a bit had modular miners which kind of looked to do something similar.

Specifically, I'm imagining something like precision parts that are slow to manufacture but provide a way to increase machine throughput outside of power slugs or slamming down more machines.

Feldegast42 posted:

Actually I hope not, the game having an actual crafted world sets it apart from factorio or dyson sphere program.

I think the option for procgen would be neat. It won't ever beat hand placed, but I also have everything but the southeast quadrant of the map pretty well mentally mapped out by now.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Lumen looks good but without more light source options I think I'll keep it off.

I'm sure someone will get on that soon anyway

The one sweater looks amazing but I don't want to drop a hundred bucks on a sweater of unknown quality.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
They're still doing updates but its mostly terrain/engine stuff and QOL fixes.

It just kinda sucks that actual content is on an extremely slow drip

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

TK-42-1 posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re getting pressured to be done and move on to something else by embracer

I can see this. Outside of blueprints the recent changes haven't really been things that would excite prospective new players. If they have no plans for dlc it's probably a better business decision to force them to wrap it up and get the official launch sales than have the devs putter around on tweaking biomes and such for another 2 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I'm a little surprised there are no 1.0 leaks yet.

I would really like to know the scale of what's to come beyond the reasonable assumption that SAM and the collectables will do something.