Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Is it safe to throw all these alien artifacts that are a WIP into the awesome sink?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I accidentally shut down a sector that had fuel for my trucks long enough that the truck ran out of power. Now this wouldn't be bad, just find it and throw some fuel in it. Except it has apparently fallen through the world and now I got this marker on my compass for a vehicle I cannot use and auto pilot markers I can't delete all at once. Is there a way to fix this that isn't going hours back?

E: used a file save editor and deleted it

Leal fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jun 13, 2020

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

The pipe is ready bro, just head on in...

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

I've set up a warehouse for basic materials, ingots, plastics and so on. The idea is the train loops around all the different resource nodes that process the ores/oil into these materials and picks it all up, then brings it here for processing. Then trucks are used to bring these materials to different factories that make other stuff.

But my mind just... can't parse setting up trucks like this or if the truck stations would replenish fast enough when it comes to having a truck make multiple stops. I can just feel the gears in my head slow down when thinking "alright we'll put this factory here, set up truck routes. But will the truck station replenish fast enough when the truck arrives? Will this make shortages? What about when multiple truck types are coming to the same factory?"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

Is there some kind of filters/sorters that come later? Right now I'm guessing if I want to use trucks they're only going to be able to carry one good for now?

You'll have to go down the caterium research tree to unlock smart splitters.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
That is exactly what happened with my brother, he died and when he went back to get his stuff he smacked loot all cause the ambient radiation was killing him. Then he realized he had the ore in his inventory and died again.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Why does the explorer have a second seat in it if another player can't ride shotgun?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Truck refueling has been working fine for me in multiplayer, disappearing trucks nonwithstanding, are you running a conveyor belt into the left most input slot?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Honestly I was expecting it to be a case where it deleted the extra miner :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Am I trying too hard to relive the magic of Titan Fall 2 or does wearing runner boots and sprinting, jumping and crouch sliding faster then vehicle transportation?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
drat getting rid of screws is a game changer, isn't it?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal posted:

I've set up a warehouse for basic materials, ingots, plastics and so on. The idea is the train loops around all the different resource nodes that process the ores/oil into these materials and picks it all up, then brings it here for processing. Then trucks are used to bring these materials to different factories that make other stuff.

Well its been a few days but

I got truck stops lined up with belts feeding the fuel and material to export out to factories. I figure one dedicated truck per factory to bring materials to the factory, a series of smart splitters to separate out everything and an extra truck stop with overflow materials that get shipped back when the truck returns will get things going.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Just launched the final tier of the space needle :woop:

Ada didn't say anything. And tier 8 doesn't exist.

I don't know how I feel about this.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I wish there was a way to program trucks to only pick up x amount from a truck stop and to not leave another until everything gets dropped off. Having multiple truck stops for each resource caused problems when the truck still had other resources in it and dropped it off into the incorrect truck stop, causing a lock when the incorrect item went into the constructor. I decided I'll go to a single truck stop and have one truck drop off all materials, with a smart splitter to shuffle everything around and throwing all the excess to another truck stop that gets picked up and ferried back to the warehouse. But I get the feeling THAT can get backed up which will lock up the splitter and fuuuck why did I go with multiple factories spread around that gets fed by trucks?!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
If you do a locomotive on each side would you need to have 2 stops per station? Or would 1 station work, regardless of which locomotive was moving?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The overflow setting is amazing. Either run that stuff to go back into storage or into The Sink.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Beeline to coal

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Vehicles are great cause I keep tripping the big tall thing :downs:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
2 industrial fluid buffers at the base.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Now I just want to make an extension for my warehouse that will refine biofuel so I can just throw whatever junk is clogging my inventory and let the system take care of it.

E: Hell this will also be nice in getting rid of mob drops since those clog up The Sink

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Of course with threshers you'll need crops, and then automated farming comes into play

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Whats this concept of "organized base" :confused:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Mod for zip ties and those strips of paper with adhesive on one side that you write on and wrap around wires to know what goes where, please.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Something I just thought of. If update 4 is gonna nuke my save, then I'm not gonna really keep all the christmas event stuff, will I?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
You can tame the lizard dogs?!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB0g5OlelFM

Power storage is gonna be coming and this looks good, being able to have a cushion on spikes. Makes me wonder when we unlock it, would make it not quite so vital to get coal if your spare bioburner power gets saved up

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Set up 2 foundations over the bottomless pits, far apart enough that there is a gap but you can still jump over. Jump between them while timing opening your inventory over the gap and dropping the waste. Tada!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm loving hyped for drones. Question is, will they be more or less likely to get caught up on everything.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AccomplishedSplendidLabradorretriever-mobile.mp4

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

I think this is one of the worst hard drives I've ever gotten

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Zipline is along the caterium research tree

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
God I wish the scanner would stop scanning crash sites you already opened

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mayveena posted:

In dumb dumb terms, can someone explain what I need to do differently with my coal set up to accommodate the new changes? I do a 6 coal generator/3 water extractor set up to start. Thanks.

Since generators now operate at full load now instead of changing based on how much power is needed, check how much coal/water your generators need and make sure your miners are providing enough and your belts are able to keep up the flow. I currently got 10 generators going off 1 mk2 miner (at 125% overclock) and 2 water extractors that are 200% overclocked and its working fine

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

That would be nice. As it is I build a lookout tower at every crash site I loot - they're very visible so I can generally tell from a distance I've already been there so I don't waste my time.

This is a good one, I'm gonna be doing that

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The solution my brother and I have is "put in more". Efficiency? Pbbbttt. Whats that, backstock of iron ore? More smelters. Smelters are stopping cause they aren't getting enough ore? Overclock the mine.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal posted:

I'm doing this again, but reworking it. Instead of a warehouse of just holding raw materials, it'll hold all combinations of parts. Each node cluster will be its own factory that extracts, smelts and builds stuff then it gets ferried out to this warehouse and put into its own container, with surplus being sent to The Sink. I'm putting out a belt that'll show what container holds what. This is mostly to have a one stop shop for parts to build stuff (and milestone stuff I guess), I'll also build some belts that'll run elevator stuff out and towards the elevator.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Back side of that row of containers. Stuff will be coming in at the far end on the belts on the right side. The belts comes towards me with smart splitters set to put the proper item into the proper container to the right and any overflow onto the belts on the left. When the line reaches me it goes up a lift and then heads back away from me for the containers up top. Then anything that isn't put into a container joins the belts on the left which all feeds into a sink. There is some space between the containers pictured and another set of containers so I can make splitters for whatever product I need to shuttle out to the elevator.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
A big issue with trucks is that you can only fill a truck stop through 1 belt, meaning you can fill up that stop as fast as a single of your fastest belt. You'd have to make more truck stops to compete with multiple belts, which is gonna take an ungodly amount of space.

E: Which is why I don't bother.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
In expanding my central warehouse, I'm setting up some belts and containers to hold consumable stuff. Food items, ammo, filters, etc. I noticed something with food items on belts though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Finally, my brother and I have hit drones

LET'S loving

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :byodood: