Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

I'm a bit confused about how the tractor works. I recorded a route between my coal mine truck station and my base truck station, put it on auto-pilot and the tractor just drove off into the distance. Now it's way up north and I can't figure out where. No matter how far north I go (until I meet a cliff), the compass marker won't budge as I go east and west, meaning it is waaay off. I have just accepted that the tractor is off on it's own adventure now.

How do I make a tractor go between two truck stations?

Enjoying the game, but found it a tad tedious. But from reading here, that is probably because I am still in the early-game. Scaling up with my limited production seems daunting considering I still need to hand-craft a lot of stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Automating coal was the last thing I did before I quit, but due to mentioned issues with tractors, I just used a really long belt. It was more then enough for 3 coal plants at my factory. The coal mine spits out a lot of coal (120/m) without overclocks.

Sadly, I won't have time to play more, but I felt that I had done all the content. I didn't build a huge factory, but what would I need that for? There were nothing left really to unlock.

Absolutely last thing I did was drive off with a second tractor to explore. Found some really nice stuff and the terrain is surprisingly maneuverable with the tractor. Nice touch that the wildlife won't aggro on you while driving the tractor. And running into the super-tall animals is very fun, they topple over nicely.

Feeling the same about the Epic launcher. I already have Steam, the bethesda launcher, origin, GOG Galaxy and Uplay. Don't need more.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

I agree that having one more launcher is not the big issue that I thought. I guess I am just annoyed by not having it all on Steam, but I still got Fallout 76 (lots of regret, but not because of one more launcher). So I take it back.

Might wait a bit until the game is finished though, burned out on early access games before, never completing the final game because I had done it all before.

I actually enjoyed the game and the mess up I did with the runaway tractor was just amusing.
Thanks for the feedback on the launcher complaint, I was being unreasonable about it.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Mr. Powers posted:

Okay, this post was not directed at you, then. It was directed at the guy that listed off about 6 (non-exaggerated) different launchers/storefronts, and complained that installing Epic was just Too Many.

That was me and I agree with it being unreasonable.

Can someone post something about research tier 4, 5 and 6 in spoiler tags? A general overview maybe.
A bit curious on what is actually in the EA.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Considering that is a laptop and a workstation GPU, it could be several things.

Either the drivers are poo poo for gaming, which is very likely.
Or the entire thing is overheating.
The CPU is also clocked really low, the 6/12 cores/threads won't do much at low clock speed.

Or it could just be that your base is to big for the computer to handle.

Try turning down the settings and see if it helps.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

When making those long conveyor lines, remember to look at what part of the production process is the densest with what you have. If you are going to ship in iron for frames, why not make the frames at the mine and ship in the finished frames. Instead of using a mk2 or mk3 belt, you can just use a mk1 belt. Cheaper to construct in the early game when it matters and won't make a difference in the long run as long as you don't fill the belt anyway.

For coop, played a bunch with my brother-in-law. It's good, but it has a lot of "doing separate projects" in it. We'll try to split up what needs to be done, but the playthrough usually fizzles out once the bigger projects start.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Haven't had that problem for a long time, probably update 3 or before. Mostly had the poison flowers be invisible back then. It was good when update 4 dropped.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Giant cancerous spaghetti that cover the map is fine, you can just cover it all in foundations :)

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

You will also eventually have to bring in resources from across the map.

But filling your explorer and taking a couple of trips with enough resources to get started is the better strategy. No point taking your old base apart. If you want to, you can hook all the outputs into a sink and just use it for tickets. Or let storages fill up and have it go idle. Depends on your power situation really.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

I doubt that simply because they are based in Sweden and you can't just fire someone there. You will need a really good reason and it takes months.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Tame a lizard doggo, give it the nuclear waste and toss it off the map for a permanent solution. Dropping cars full of nuclear waste off the side of the map/into the void does not work, they do not despawn and will just add lag to your game.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Wow, I stand here corrected and outdated, yikes.

Appreciate the updated info, thank you. And also boooo on the "no fun allowed" doggo patch. If people want to be monsters, let them.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

That blueprint thing is amazing.

How it works is that you download the blueprint, then upload your map into the interactive map on the same side, then on the left side you can import blueprints and paste it to the grid. All the buttons are on the left side of the map.

For a worldwide railroad, I would suggest this, fewer pre-made stations: https://satisfactory-calculator.com/en/blueprints/index/details/id/1219/name/Worldwide+Rail+Network+%28160km%29

I hooked it up to my existing network and will move over to that. I struggle enough with rail that just the idea of making a world spanning one is one of the things keeping me from playing. Some projects feels like chores.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

OgNar posted:

Enjoying my first foray into a map wide rail system but by the time I logged off my trains had crashed for the 3rd time at a new Sulphur station.
Not sure why they are crashing at this intersection, may just have to spread the connection out more.

Put a train where they crash and manually drive another, and you'll find out pretty fast. My guess is a corner being just a tiny bit too close.

But I thought that the new signals would show those cases as part of the same block even when across different rails.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

CainFortea posted:

I can't get them to do squat. I put like 5 pairs of tube entrances all in a row and the second I hit an incline i'm going snail speed.

You might be misunderstanding what a yeet-cannon is. Putting a bunch of entrances in a row will boost your initial speed in a tube, but you will slow down. The yeet-cannon does not use a tube, it just throws you across the map and let you handle the landing. You need either parachutes (2 or more, if you only have 1, it gets spent and you fall down), jetpack, hoverpack (maybe?) or some very well positioned ramps/the building that dampens falls.

As far as boosting speed in regular tubes, you could use a mini-yeet and shoot yourself up into another tube?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

neato burrito posted:

Picked this up last week, we don't really need sleep, do we?

Remember to automate everything. If you have to manually make something other then power shards (and even then, sounds a bit lazy, does it not?), then you haven't automated enough.

For early tickets, you can sink some of the stuff you find around wrecks, the high end stuff. The small amount of plates, frames and heat sinks you find does not matter in the long run and will help massively with tickets early on. You can also go mine some uranium and just sink all of it for a good trickle.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

You can also just move and start a new base somewhere else, with all the unlocks and convivences you have. If you want to do progression again, you can wipe that using the online map viewer/editor.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Do they respect walls? Can you make a fish tank with flying crabs in it? I bet you can clear out the crabs using explosives through the walls.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Stilt wheels for the factory cart!

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

It would give the giant capacitors/batteries a use though. Right now they are really just good for kickstarting your factory after a brownout or maybe catching spikes when you are riding on the edge of your electrical capacity.

Edit: I have not built nuclear stuff or later, maybe the particle accelerators are spikey and make use of them.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Just want to remind people that if you do not want to build a huge network, you can upload your save to the online satisfactory map and import a blueprint into it. Several blueprints with train networks that cover everything.

https://satisfactory-calculator.com/en/interactive-map
https://satisfactory-calculator.com/en/blueprints

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Lemony posted:

Yesterday I accidentally discovered that you can use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to copy and paste sign settings without actually going into the sign interface. All you need to do is look at the sign so that it's highlighted. I have played the game for several hundred hours.

You can do the same with machines. They added that recently. Makes the extended reach of the hover pack better.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

I would say they are adding ray tracing, with the reflections and lights. Could look amazing, can be terrible, we'll see...

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Interesting, but rather tame compared to his earlier stuff. I was expecting him to make a 100 platform station and just go through the mountains... Maybe a part 2

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Bounce pad system with the square wheel Tesla trucks

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Update 7 will have it yes. You get to pick between normal, retaliatory where they only attack you if you start or passive. It's out on experimental.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

In previous Fixmas events, you could craft snowball ammo for the detonator. Those stacked to 500 instead of the regular ones that stacked to 50. Do they still do? If so, I highly recommend people to produce a couple of thousand of those, as the recipe disappears while the ammo sticks around.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

You can get a Twitter train crash summary here: https://twitterisgoinggreat.com/

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

If you mean NoEyedSquareGuy, that is not sarcasm...

They have done some crazy stuff, like all factory cart worlds.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3884092&userid=148423&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post519553835

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Please submit your savegame and all the bug reports to the devs so they can make the ingame cybertruck better then the real one.

Also please share your finished save here once done, I really want to see this myself.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Danger-smarties :O

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Make jelly pads cost no power. Why does a jelly pad need to be powered?

e: this is a general complaint and I trust it has nothing to do with physics engine limitations

Gotta heat it just a tiny bit, or it would solidify and just bounce you off of course.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Might be April fools stuff, they add stuff to the game.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

If you want to do another dumb gimmick, what about building all your trains as an underground network, with "tunnel exits" coming out at your stations. Build all your tracks under the surface and build elaborate tunnel entrances where it comes out. Also let's you build ugly as it's all hidden.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Love the design, that looks awesome!
Have you tried to see what vehicles can make the slopes...? Cause the big truck does not handle slopes very well.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

You have three options really.

1 - Take the combined output and do a bunch of splitting and merging to get 100 out on one belt. (Split out a mk2 belt, split that into two, split one of those into three and route one of these back into the main line, with the other two and the other from the first split adding up to your 100 belt. 120/2=60/3=20, this goes back into main belt, rest adds up to 100)
2 - Split and use a mk2 belt on the output to get 120 out on the belt, and accept the inaccuracy.
3 - Split a belt off and let it back up until it only consumes the 100 needed. This will take longer if you have buffer containers inline, but will work as long as the input is sufficient for the output you want.

Dunno-Lars fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Aug 13, 2023

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

That is absolutely amazing.

Please submit the savegame to the devs and ask for optimization. Or that the game seems to crash when loading and saving.
They can use it for stress testing if nothing else.

Also, free Jeremy

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

My guess would be the mk1 pump limiting flow from 600 to 300m3/s
Try upgrading it to a mk2, or wait for someone more knowledgeable to chime in.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Can you then give it to a doggo and drop it into the abyss to get rid of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

If you are having a lot of issues, I am sure someone here would be willing to join you in-game and help you, and explain stuff.
I would, but don't have the game installed and haven't played for ages.