Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Qanon, Alex Jones, the entire Republican party. I think we've all noticed the rise of conspiracy theories in mainstream politics. But after reading an article on Conspiracy Theories,Scott Alexander, over at Slate Star Codex came to an incredible realization; conspiracy theories do not get their power from Boomer insanity or how they exploit our preconceived notions but from their impeccable graphic design. And so he created prospiracy theories, a project devoted to using these design principles to popularize widely-accepted facts among the Alex Jones set.

(All of the following are Scott Alexander's)

Frankly, I think this discovery is too powerful to ignore. Just look at how much more credible, the moon landing seems when the Government wants you to believe it didn't happen. What about you guys? Do you have any ideas for prospiracy theories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Why did the sperm cross the road?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

504 posted:

Why did the sperm cross the road?

why

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

this would be cooler if these were even a little bit funny

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Because I wore the wrong socks this morning

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
I've heard of this heliocentricity theory but afraid to speak out as I am a professional bloodletter for a sophisticated noble family and do not wish to rock the boat.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
interesting that's what you went straight to, and couldn't even reach the same level of affirmation in the conclusion as the example prospiracies. interesting.. *continues to mash red button under desk labeled MODS*

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Autism Sneaks posted:

interesting that's what you went straight to, and couldn't even reach the same level of affirmation in the conclusion as the example prospiracies. interesting.. *continues to mash red button under desk labeled MODS*

i forget where i first saw it but i google image searched it and the first hit was a GBS thread from 2016, in a post by now banned user "dookifex_maximus". looking at his rap sheet you may have a point lol. oh goons.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

this would be cooler if these were even a little bit funny

scott alexander, over at slate star codex

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Samog posted:

scott alexander, over at slate star codex

Listen motherfucker I may have made a bad post but if you think for one second I'm going to fail to cite my sources you've got another thing coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013
Cool cool. Normal world.