Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

the escape goat posted:

what are they making EC3 do

why is WWE like this

i'm just tuning in, how did they humiliate EC3 this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Power Windows posted:

Had him come onto Mandy.

god, that whole round of NXT callups is such a weird trainwreck

The way they've used EC3 is low-key one of the most inexplicable talent wastes they've ever done

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

What's going on with the Kofi storyline? I just tuned in because I forgot this would start so drat early with DST.

He almost beat Bryan for the title but came up short, a couple weeks ago he was supposed to sign a contract to rematch Bryan at Fastlane but Vince came out in the middle of it, said he wasn't a main-event dude and replaced him with Kevin Owens, but Owens is a face who's just sort of nonplussed by the whole thing rather than in on it

also Owens is currently being portrayed as a family-loving everyman and his new finisher is the stone cold stunner

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Oh Fastlane is tonight? I had no idea.

don't worry, neither did they

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

this is really going a while for a preshow match

they had originally planned two preshow matches and changed it to one at the last minute, so they probably had to fill extra time

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Definitely awkward. I hope Nakamura/Rusev can gel but they're clearly not so far. Plus, they're a tag team so they won't be given time.

given that Rusev was in a fantastic tag team that was the most over act on the card and still didn't actually get anywhere I have to imagine this entirely random pairing will appear once more in the next four weeks, then they'll be separate entrants in the Andre battle royal, and then the tag team will never be mentioned again

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

they turned their best heel into a face for a wrestlemania feud with shane mcmahon.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Low Desert Punk posted:

have sonya and asuka had a singles match before?

they had one at an NXT house show here that was boss as hell.

Boy, Mandy Rose is visibly not ready to be in this position.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

bradzilla posted:

That match was terrible but I am all for Sonya being freed from Mandy

I have this unfortunate feeling this concludes with Sonya on the Main Event tour.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

all of the individual beats of storytelling in this whole thing are totally fine but the way they've been paced and presented has been completely insane.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

it's incredible how they've been handed these sure, bone-simple wrestlemania things in Becky and Kofi and somehow decided this was a better course of action

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

the escape goat posted:

they should stop doing his entrance like that if they’re gonna keep showing the table thingy ffs

This is the way they've been shooting it on the main roster since the beginning and it's completely infuriating

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

I missed it - did Funaki do a shout out to Yamaguchi?

Nope, no mention.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Astro7x posted:

a 25 minute detour on PPV between the women's match and the tag title match.

Good god... so glad I just skipped over all that.

Anything notable happen in those backstage interviews or that Kofi match?

Shane McMahon was asked why he turned heel and he dramatically said nothing and then Elias sang again about how Cleveland sucks.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

real fun match, but they of course couldn't get through it without emphasizing, just in case you weren't paying attention, that all of Raw's teams are chumps

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Intruder posted:

I love R Truth and wish he was younger so he could get the big belt

they've had him for like a decade and a half collectively, he was never getting the big belt

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

bayley and sasha have been beaten repeatedly as a tag team, what are you even talking about

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Just got home, how's the show been on a scale of *putt putt putt* to VROOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!

the car's still running but the muffler's been dragging on the ground for twelve miles

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

All three tag team championship matches tonight ended in post-match beatdowns.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

like, I'm not mad about Mustafa being in this match, but jesus christ every single storyline right now is "we're just doing some poo poo with no build"

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

yeah, this is exactly as good as this match needed to be to win the crowd back

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

the shield vs nobody over becky and charlotte, jesus christ

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

jesus christ.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

daniel bryan was the final bit that broke their brains and they genuinely have no idea how to book faces anymore

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

just elias, out here, singing about the stuff he sees

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Dias posted:

goddamnit wwe

also, to be clear, Charlotte had Becky in the figure 8 and was basically certain to win, so they found the worst possible way for Becky to look

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The pacing of this show has been genuinely infuriating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

yeah, I didn't think that match was bad