Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Israel Taiwan and Ukraine flags is some perverse trifecta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vietnam is famously a lost war in America .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the navy has literally not been shot at for 70 years please give them space to process

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

UNSC members nuking each other would be the end of the UN at least

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We think sanctioning titanium from Russia would be sanctioning ourselves,”

lol the biggest thunk in the world

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

15 billion to build a bridge sounds high

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

don’t worry viewers. if there was actually a war with Russia we could count on uh .. Latvia ? to help us

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

maybe Laos also since we owe them

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t know if you guys saw Leave the World behind but it has a feel-good ending along these lines

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

why doesn’t Australia make their own subs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ghosted by ghost book ghost written by ghosts.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

do you think they would bother taking out a helicopter carrier

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m pretty sure USA ICBMs don’t work. or if they do launch they won’t go to the places they should

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the sub launched nukes 100% don’t work. so what is left idk. strategic bombers probably work

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

do they still have grog rations

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s the navy ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’ll just go on Amazon and order submarines

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there has been some minor success at grad student organization in the USA but I don’t know if it is enough to address the core problems

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

iirc Wittgenstein got a PhD by just writing the TLP

edit

yeah

Despite this fame, [wittgenstein] could not initially work at Cambridge as he did not have a degree, so he applied as an advanced undergraduate. Russell noted that his previous residency was sufficient to fulfill eligibility requirements for a PhD, and urged him to offer the Tractatus as his thesis.[207] It was examined in 1929 by Russell and Moore; at the end of the thesis defence, Wittgenstein clapped the two examiners on the shoulder and said, ‘”Don’t worry, I know you’ll never understand it.”[208] Moore wrote in the examiner’s report: “I myself consider that this is a work of genius; but, even if I am completely mistaken and it is nothing of the sort, it is well above the standard required for the Ph.D. degree.”[209] Wittgenstein was appointed as a lecturer and was made a fellow of Trinity College.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Weka posted:

Tbf, nobody has written anything as important in the field since

yeah it kind of ended western philosophy lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Boat Stuck posted:

God drat, what a baller. Insulted his examiners to their faces and the examiners basically agreed that the insult was appropriate.

I don’t know if I’m remembering correctly but Russell’s life basically collapsed after meeting Wittgenstein.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

“we need better pr” is the exclusive response yes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah that was right around when trump got it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

of the USAs nuclear triad, the only one I am pretty sure works is the bombers . but even then I don’t know if the bombs would work

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

e operating system is basically a few large LCD screens and a small number of mechanical instruments, far more advanced than the Russian Su-27, which is full of mechanical instruments and manual buttons.

thread title hahah

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

American morale would collapse in hours in a real war

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

“flame of the west”

dear god

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hahaha yeah sure

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what ????

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

thank you. that is a strange name.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I agree that any space ship military force should be a “navy”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I bet MacArthur would have loved to have served a King. he was a weird guy overall.