Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

What’s a good book to read on the decline/fall of the Soviet Union? It feels like something I should know about but I don’t even know where to start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Kotkin's Armageddon Averted

genericnick posted:

Haven't read it yet, but Collapse is supposed to be good.
https://yalebooks.yale.edu/book/9780300268171/collapse/

Thanks, I'll take a look at both of these.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Lostconfused posted:

Destroy a hospital with AC-130 level is never making it into a Call of Duty game unless the Russians somehow manage to steal one.

they’d just do it like the highway of death, put it in and say the Russians did it

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

gradenko_2000 posted:

yeah basically what happened is that the prior Vice President, who was very unsubtly supposed to be Ted Kennedy, raped a woman, and when it came out, he had to resign

the most fictional thing he ever wrote

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

setting up MIC grift for a child soldier killing zipline

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Z the IVth posted:

Strictly speaking isn't Naggaroth not-Canada?

in terms of description it’s all frozen wastes but on the maps it’s all of not north america

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Regarde Aduck posted:

No oval office will explain why the gently caress any of us should fight. We've been told society isn't real and its survival of the fittest baby, no hand outs. So what am I fighting for? What am I trying to preserve? Sausage rolls? Binge drinking culture? Ant and dec? gently caress offfffffff m8

you’ll be fighting for king sausagefingers’ swollen prostate m8 show sum respect

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

Goddam, totally missed that.

But also, bring back corporal punishment. The kids are too woke. Exploding central heating feature, not a bug etc.

being scalded by exploding radiators is necessary to turn a fledgling ham into a full on gammon

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Real hurthling! posted:

the us' best play for empire and stability at home rn is probably to try and further cut the trade between europe and asia and become a workhouse for an energy and goods starved europe so maybe they like yemen secretly? lol nah they flailing.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

Lmao what will the end of the ukraine war do to these people's brains

they'll bravely continue the war from the posting jungles like those japanese guys still fighting ww2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

burning down a listed building to replace it with lovely flats is a time honoured tradition :britain: