Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Hello have you read this???

Lowtax posted:

Okay here comes some honest and serious poo poo that could be TOO LONG, DID NOT READ for some folks, but I'm throwing it out here anyway.

I've been seriously depressed for a couple years because my injuries and situation has severely limited the things I can do, and it's made me feel absolutely useless and incapable of doing the things I want and need to do. I wasn't able to sit with like a laptop (which I would've had to buy, since I do not own one) and post on the forums about this poo poo, and even if I could, my depression would not let me. I felt guilty as poo poo for doing a "poor me" thread here and talking about my situation. I was raised Catholic (no I was not molested), so I have weird guilt things that affect me still. I felt guilty about coming here and talking about this stuff because we've had a fundraiser before (I think either last year or the one before), and whenever I make forums decisions, I do them with the mindset of "if I was an average forum user, how would I personally react to this decision?" My answer was "Jesus this rear end in a top hat won't stop begging for money, just because he's dumb as poo poo with finances." I do not know if the average user here feels that way, but in my mind, it felt guilty as hell and not beneficial to the forums.

I've tapped out my 401K, which was $40,000, to cover expenses last year. As a fun fact, my ex-wife got $140,000 of that 401K in the divorce, as she lied about certain things regarding taxes and her lawyer was able to convince the judge that our agreement was not legally binding. That's my fault for not 100% distrusting her, and having her sign an agreement that wasn't like signed by a notary clerk or whatever, because at that time she was giving me the "I just want this divorce to be free of drama, fair for both of us, and not affect the kids." So I blew it because I am a gullible person (my therapist even said that, in his exact words) and repeatedly trust people who have proven to be absolutely untrustworthy, such as a certain individual on the administrative side of things here, but I will not get into that, so please do not ask.

Anyway, in conclusion, I wholeheartedly admit I'm an idiot and sucker, and cannot manage money worth a poo poo, mostly because I despise dealing with money, and all people who I've ever known that were obsessed with making more and more money were completely unhappy assholes who seemed to never be fulfilled. I just want enough money to live, watch my children grow up, SOMEWHAT manage the things going on in SA (yeah I am guilty as poo poo of that, but like I said I was raised Catholic), and be happy. People try to troll me and say "DEAR RICHARD, you could've turned SA into a multimillion dollar media empire back in 2005 and YOU WERE TOO STUPID AND YOU WASTED IT." My reply is always the same; I do not want SA to be a big site. I do not want SA to be a big business. I do not want SA to start trying to appeal to the general public, because the general public on the internet loving sucks poo poo and I want those braindead idiots as far away from this site as possible. Even if it means losing money, I have to keep this place true to myself, and I have to do what I think is the best thing for the members here. I don't want to loving spend my day making business decisions. I don't want to spend my day thinking of ways to exploit the users here, and attract more users to exploit. I just loving want to survive and be happy with what I do.

So there. All this poo poo is from my heart. I do not have the interest or emotional energy to lie about this poo poo, and I've always been like that. My honesty might have cost me a lot of money, but that is not my goal in life. Maybe that sounds fake and cliched, I don't know or care, this is all coming from me and who I am. I admit my mistakes and the fact I'm a gullible idiot when it comes to trusting people and believing they do and think what I would do in situations, but again, that's me. Thank you for loving pupkin.

Yikes! Lowtax, and by extension the forums, need money to survive! Please donate what you can via forum purchases or his patreon: https://www.patreon.com/GamingGarbage Also subscribe to his youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPoSHO-OOTb0rqZr6bJlMkQ

Once you've done that. Make some professional web ads, to raise awareness and bring in the money from other corners of the net. Lowtax is too stupid to beg for money, so it's up to us! Even a penniless goon can make wonderful ads.

Resources to help you compose eye-catching, impressive ads for your web sight:
http://www.animatedgif.net/ All the animated gifs you could ever need
http://www.flamingtext.com/ A tool for making text be on fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
It's not that I don't support our dear leader but with a mission statement like that, it's clear that SA is going to get swept away with the rest of the web 1.0 junk that came before. If this place isn't supposed to operate at a profit then it's only a matter of time. The heyday for this kind of forum is clearly gone and there's no bringing it back.

Good luck, OP.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

I chose this aesthetic because it's easy to do and anyone can do it, not because somethingawful.com is Web 1.0.

We are here posting on the very cutting edge. Besides, any second now the new generation of cool kids is going to decide that omnipresent social media is stupid garbage for old people and they'll come flocking to bulletin board systems, particularly those that have the highest number of custom smilies.

Yeah emojis are great- if you're a grandpa dying of alzheimers :pwm:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
“That’s some depressing poo poo” *poor resolution letters and “blinging” effect while letter float around in a small box*

E. Also lol about trusting the person you are divorcing to not completely gently caress you over at any opportunity.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

autism ZX spectrum posted:

It's not that I don't support our dear leader but with a mission statement like that, it's clear that SA is going to get swept away with the rest of the web 1.0 junk that came before. If this place isn't supposed to operate at a profit then it's only a matter of time. The heyday for this kind of forum is clearly gone and there's no bringing it back.

Good luck, OP.

lol there are still goons around who think having casual bigotry in their username is edgy

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

lol there are still goons around who think having casual bigotry in their username is edgy

Some aren't even casual about it.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I'm mentally retarded

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

redm fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Mar 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009