Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

https://garfieldeats.com/

Finally, a way to get Entergaged, because a background song, a wav file of I guess a Garfield catchphrase, and a youtube video all start playing simultaneously.

This entire website and product is hilarious as hell, please visit it if you want to die.

It's really hard to tell if this is parody or real. It rides the line excellently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Pulcinella di Bund posted:

it feels like i have schizophrenia when i read anything about this. like i'm being gaslit by an app developer.

It makes you question like, what is real. Are we real? Is this a real timeline? Are we just echoes or reflections or could-have-beens?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I want to post nudes on the Garfield Eats app

Aren't their tons of pictures of Garfield? Or is he a never-nude.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Big Beef City posted:

I assume he meant nudes of himself rather than ever more nudes of Garfield, of which thankfully the world brims.

Thanks for clarifying, I surely didn't misunderstand on purpose.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Big Beef City posted:

You're welcome!
Please feel free to ask any more questions you have about the Garfield ap and be sure to vote the thread 5 and thank the OP if you enjoy :)

I have quite enjoyed the thread and thank the OP.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Jim Davis thinks so, as long as his checks clear. From that Globe & Mail article:

"Mr. Davis, who first heard about Mr. Mazri’s idea through a licensing agent in 2016, called GarfieldEATS 'the most inventive and well-rounded concept we have ever received from the restaurant industry sector,' in an e-mail to The Globe. 'It would be great fun to see Garfield feeding the world. Nothing would make him happier, except of course, feeding himself.' "

The implication of that quote is that Jim Davis has received less well-rounded concepts from the restaurant industry sector.

It really seems a crime those haven't been published or written up somewhere.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Is it some weird kind of money laundering, like they want to have Loony's so they set up suppliers for this insane pizza entergagement, and they buy stuff from their suppliers are jacked up prices and the restaraunt fails but they've gotten the money in and they can.. I dunno buy Canadian politicians or something? And the fact it's so garish and stupid is like their defense that it can't be money laundering?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Garfield Minus Sanity

The whole concept of Garfield is insanity. It's ostensibly a funny comic about a cat who hates Mondays and like Lasagna. Can you imagine that trying to compete in today's world of webcomics if it didn't already have a readership?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

The people... the guy, the guy with this idea, it's somehow morally right that this moron do no real work in his life and he fail upwards forever because he's born to money, whereas ordinary people who are not born to money work to the bone every day and worry about health care and stuff..

And everything about this is so loving stupid it's kind of unbelievable. I mean if this was a viral prank by all these media outlets and there was no real location I dont think i'd be surprised.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Gone Fashing posted:

turn your used lasagna box into a Kleenex box so you can...take the Kleenex out of the box it came in....and put it in a used takeout box...then throw the original box away....green!!!!!

He's an idea guy.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Sleeveless posted:

Man it's wild how my esteem of Jim Davis and Bill Watterson has basically inverted over the years. I used to admire Watterson as a principled genius and then reading his commentated collection came away feeling like he was an obnoxious crank who just turned his comic into a mouthpiece for his arguments with his publisher.

Jim Davis let Garfield Without Garfield get published and only had Lasagna Cat remove his contact info from one of their videos while Watterson is still issuing takedown notices on fanart and student animations out of spite.

On the other hand, Calvin and Hobbes is good. Garfield is. I don't even know how to describe Garfield.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Tato posted:

There are no stickers of Garfield pissing. Because Jim Davis is pro-active and took charge of things. You have Garfield suction cupped to windows, but never pissing.

Bill Watterson's apathy has led to Calvin pissing everywhere, world-wide. No car manufacturer logo or religious symbol is safe. Just a boy pissing over everything we hold dear. All because Bill Watterson didn't have the guts to take control of his creation.

The circle will be complete when Bill Watterson finally dies and someone sticks a Calvin pissing sticker on his headstone.

This is an interesting take. Have you considered that the reason there are no Garfield pissing on things stickers is that nobody gives a poo poo about Garfield other than laughing at the existence of Garfield? And Watterson absolutely proactively took control of his creation, he didn't want it merchandized. I would say Davis sold out, but I don't feel like cartoons about a fat cat that hates Mondays are really artistic to begin with it's just an inexplicable thing that caught on.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Big Beef City posted:

Imagine being so rich that your globe trotting father sends for you after two years just to gently caress the poo poo out of your mother to celebrate having even more money.
Imagine having so much money that, while being fed food by the people guarding you with a silver spoon, your concern is that "There aren't enough clerks here to service me, a 10 year old boy in a foreign airport being spoonfed luxury food by my guards late at night."

Now imagine having that much wealth and privilege and you can't even just take it and gently caress off so no one knows who you are, and live on a yacht somewhere loving instagram models for a living or whatever.

Instead you open a Garfield restaurant that's so bad that even MORE people want to shy away from everything you touch and try to do because it's such an abject failure that even attempting something that's bad on premise, you fail so badly at that you can't recognize why.

Rich people almost have to create a false reality where their wealth and privilege is earned, and they, therefore, must be smart and capable people. Otherwise, they have to acknowledge that they're basically loving monsters. That's why you get idiots like this guy and Trump, failing upwards via their money and insisting they are good businessman, they just got unlucky or whatever.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Hey, I just realized, the app is to gather user data and telemetry, isn't it? How much is this dude loving himself over by caving to UberEATS?

Isn't he like, stupid rich? The point of this restaurant, the point of this app, is to gratify his ego and occupy his time.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Lasagna and pizza shaped like a cat, quintessential Middle Eastern cuisine.

Maybe that's why the pizza is so bad and weird (orange sauce etc..) he has a different palette?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Pastry of the Year posted:

just in case you're being sincere and have never actually noticed this on a tabby cat before

alternate origin stories, btw

There's a lot of ways that story makes no sense. Mohamed was illiterate, what he knew of letters wouldn't have included an m, and in fact, the Latin script at the time didn't look like an M today.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

but I am sincerely a Garfield fan

But why?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

That picture reminds me of that picture of the lady about to get killed that gets posted all the time. It has evil vibes

It's so threatening. You will eat this pizza random woman on the street. EAT IT. EAT JIM DAVIS' MEATY PEPPERONI.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I kind of think Jim Davis might be hard up for cash...
https://www.clickorlando.com/entert...k&ICID=ref_fark

I think it's more like he contacted museums and stuff and nobody gives a poo poo about Garfield strips, so he's hoping the free market will solve his problem of storing his historic "art" so that future generations can "enjoy" it.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

“Popular”

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

I love that he had to qualify it like this: 1st Garfield fast food restaurant in Toronto.

Have there been other Garfield fast-food restaurants? Other Garfield fast-food restaurants in North America? Canada?

risk-taking business owners

I guess risking your dads' money is a risk.

“youth is an asset, not a liability” — Nathen Mazri

Haha he pull quotes himself. Jesus.

Awesome unhinged rant where he makes clear that no bad review could be legitimate, and even if it was it wouldn't matter because of the impact to "risk-taking" business owners, obviously all negative reviews are made out of spite.

Maybe people are spiteful because they came expecting edible food?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

I'm really tempted to write a response article which is basically just the same garbage spewed back from the point of view of a "millenial" who risks his dollars (loonies I guess) going to Garfeats and isn't properly entergaged.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Somfin posted:

Isnt this only possible if you've got like, 5 reviews total?

Why Mazri doesn't just make like 10 fake accounts and upvote himself is beyond me. Oh, right it's beyond him. That's why.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

They're actually trying to expand even as it's failing?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Of all of the things itt I can't wrap my head around the lasagne tissue box still takes the cake. Like, it was full of lasagne right? So you are supposed to take the tissues out of perfectly good tissue box and stuff them in a box that had lasagne in it? Even if they somehow had a way to make it so the box wasn't covered in lasagne remains. WHY? WHY? gently caress

Maybe the whole point is just to get you thinking and talking about it. Like one of those commercials that makes no sense and has no real reference to the product.

Somehow though I doubt Nathen "spelled wrong" Mazri is some n-dimensional chess master.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

really rather #steamed that at no point do I recall being offered the #opportunity to make a #fanvestment

also Nathen evidently thinks Chex Mix is a breakfast cereal

Why is fruity bites listed twice, is he trying to influence the #fanvestors?

Also, what is his obsession with terrible portmanteaus?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

This is kind of making me sad. There's like 55 people in a zoom meeting trolling a crazy person.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

He really moves his lips and his mouth a lot when he talks. Like his whole face moves... a lot. It's creepy.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Mimesweeper posted:

He's really going to look at the numbers and think "wow, I have so many fans!"

One of you jerks better be recording this.

I mean there's ~60 People in here and every question has been a troll question.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

The plot thickens...

https://gizmodo.com/the-original-gmail-was-garfield-mail-1822970617

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Killingyouguy! posted:

https://twitter.com/HertzBarry/status/1263888858665623560?s=19

Good riddance

Also lmao they started selling face masks but when nathen posted about it on his personal Instagram he changed 'pandemic' to 'man-made pandemic'

This guy is so loving entitled it's amazing. Like watching a less rich Donald Trump meltdown as his failures pile up around him.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

his daddy was born into an oil barony, nathen makes donald trump look like a pauper

I don't think that's accurate, I think his dad is wealthy but wasn't born into generational wealthy in the same way that DJT was and Nathen is similarly... I'm guessing his daddy has 10-25M US in that range, but manages money for people from what I recall looking into, so stands to make a lot more over time. DJT inherited something like 200m in what like 1970? He should be worth billions by now.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

So it's open now? I guess the landlord's heart grew three sizes the day he was presented a frivolous lawsuit

Yeah it's definitely not that young influencer young entrepreneur Nathen Mazri just said gently caress it and opened anyway.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

What message is he trying to impart here? I can't imagine he's trying to say that drinking their weird drink will make males pregnant with offspring of a different species.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

This guy is such a train wreck it's amazing. It brings joy to my life. On the other hand, I hate that he's such a complete and abject failure of a human being and constantly fails upwards.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1327280118746804224?s=19

This is the saddest thing

This existed in Edmonton when I was a very young child. It was like a Chuck E Cheese

Edit holy poo poo there are still locations of this thing

There's near Portland I've been to it and raced Go-Karts and stuff.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

TBH I really did kind of want to go to Garfield Eats once.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

He's the son of a billionaire Middle Eastern (Saudi, IIRC) businessman. Nathen himself is the tpical failson who spent his early years appointed to various positions in his dad's empire, so it's safe to say the costs of running Garfield Eats was basically pocket change.

I thought we looked into it and he's not actually the son of a billionaire, more like a ten millionaire, a guy who manages money for billionaires?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

GolfHole posted:

how come restaurants dont take their sign when they shut down

GolfHole posted:

i mean i know there would be nowhere to put it but dont you think you'd want to keep it, idk

If you were a normal person I assume it would be kind of a bittersweet reminder of your dreams dying, if you're a young entrepreneur who is basically just a rocket failing upwards fueled by a stream of daddies money, then yes, I think you might think the sign is a sign of your perspicacity, granted there's no way Nathen "fluent in English" knows that word, but even so, I'm a bit shocked he didn't demand that a museum in his honor be built out of the accouterments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Big Beef City posted:

Hot drat, signed by a failed restaurateur?
What appears to be somewhere between 1 and 2 entire servings all for ONLY $30+ my god I can't order this fast enough

lol seriously how the hell does this absolute nobody expect that people want his autograph of all things?

I'm sorry I think you'll find he's actually an extremely entergaging youprenteur who pushes the paradigm of brand generation and marketing with his young hip and fresh tactics of being batshit insane and also connects with the kids these days because he's so young and has a vision of spending his dad's money, and if our "democracy" is anything to judge by (the US that is) Mazri is a future PM of Canada.

Thank you I will take no questions.