Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

kntfkr posted:

Also, I've never spoken to her but I've been party to phone calls with Lisa Frank and knew a designer who went out to AZ and worked for and would you believe that Lisa Frank is a mad woman? It's true.

Why yes, I would believe that. Not from any first, second or third hand knowledge, but it still feels right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Nathen strikes me as the sort who Nairs his everything. Especially his butthole.

Bespoke butt barber.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I can't be the only person mystified by how he keeps pointing out that the deodorant moisturizes your pits. Who has dry, ashy armpits? If my pits were constantly that dry, I wouldn't need antiperspirant!

Like, there's a reason there's a brand called Arid, or brands that tout "extra dry" in their marketing. Ain't nobody who wants moist armpits (well I'm sure it's somebody's fetish, but that's true of everything ever)

I can kind of understand it - it's possible to have "dry" skin and be sweaty at the same time, so having moisturised but non-sweaty skin should also be an option, I guess?

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Mameluke posted:

People posting like this yet it's "gross" to compare him to Christine Chandler lmao the only difference is their parents' wealth

I mean, that was traditionally the difference between being "crazy" and "eccentric".

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Killingyouguy! posted:

my friend got me a copy of arabiolosis for christmas

What did you give them last year to deserve that?

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Since we're all feeling retrospective, here's one of the few recorded experiences of actually going to Garfield Eats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjeToadShU8

Strange Ĉons posted:

I'm so confused and unsettled by all of this

Bonus frozen lasagna:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1l5QpIo3BE&t=1057s

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

No matter how many times I try to watch these I can never make it to where she actually talks about the restaurant. She's as bad as Nathen in her own way.

Skipping ahead is recommended here, yes.

(Though I do genuinely like some later videos she's made exploring the weirdness happening in fanfic writing and tumblr some 15-20 years ago)

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I can kind of see how a non-incompetent thing like that would look. A bit like amazon, but everything is sold through the seller shops. The front page would probably have paid placements for "The Disney shop has 5% off pyjamas today", and there would be some sort of site builder to let the brands shape their stores. Add in a site-wide search so you can still search for "t-shirts size male medium" or whatever, and it could theoretically be a thing that made someone some money. Especially if it wasn't competing with Amazon.

The appeal for brand-conscious shoppers would be that they could get a mall-like browsing experience: both "here are a list of brands that have stores that all work the same way" and "here are stores with everything genuine available from each brand". The appeal for the brands would just be that it's another place for customers to find them, but that could be enough.

Not that Nathen has done a single percent of the work to make that real.

Computer viking fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 14, 2023

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

BigBadSteve posted:

I too hadn't grokked this yet, immensely more popular than his social media posts on other platforms. I rarely check any Instagram posts except when they're linked ITT. I'm more Facebook sort of guy. Different generations, I guess.

It seems that, being (eternally) 30 years old, Nathen gives the kids what they want!!!

Or it's the one platform he has chosen to pay for bots to like his posts on?

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Jymmybob posted:

Don't know what I expected from him singing as young scar but I wasn't ready for what I got, even though it's perfect.

Yeah I was about to say the same thing. It's Nathen, I should have been more prepared ... but wow.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Dixville posted:

Dude he literally told you to be prepared, wtf

Fair, that's entirely on me for not taking Nathen seriously.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I'd buy a Warren Buffet squishmallow if it was cheap, just for the sheer oddness of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

He's going to turn out to be a serial killer or some other kind of totally insane criminal

I don't think he has quite that level of commitment, his level of effort is probably closer to "a long history of getting kicked out of BDSM clubs".