Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I really gotta give a strong recommendation for Hitler's Circle of Evil - it's all about the fuhrer's top-level commanders and confidantes and all the internecine politicking and personal goals and plots they carried out. It plots the entire arc of the third reich from its incarnation in the beer halls to the fall of Berlin and it's a really fascinating glimpse into just how insanely hosed up and self-sabotaging the whole nazi leadership was, with a lot of disturbing parallels to the modern day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

etalian posted:

Yeah it's hard not to think of the incompetence, brown nosing and outright backstabbing seen in everyone's favorite Trump Administration.

Also how similar to Hitler Trump enjoyed this incredibly dysfunctional work culture since it made him the center of attention and power.

my favorite moment in the whole thing was near the end when they all made this near lethal trip to throw a birthday party for Hitler, in a bombed out hotel in Berlin, while the city was under bombardment by the allies

all these people who p much mutually loath each other silently standing in the rumbling hotel with champagne glasses trying desperately to pretend they're having a normal one so the big man will be happy

it's a really good watch and a top recommendation if you have Netflix

VVVVVVVVV yeah my brother and I watched that and it's also really good

Buck Wildman has issued a correction as of 21:05 on Mar 18, 2019